How many of you have alcoholic parents?

How many of you have alcoholic parents?

My mom has bipolar disorder, does that count?

My dad was a drunkard, he is dead since 2004. RIP you bastard

My dad mostly drank himself unfunny.

He moderated himself eventually.

>unfunny
what does this mean?

My mom isn't exactly alcoholic, she never drinks herself drunk,
but she takes a can or two every day. Never touches booze.
My uncle on the other hand is the real deal, a real super drunkard. He's been divorced 3 times with the same woman because he would
seldom take off and set out for a drinking journey that would last at least an entire week.

m grandfather was a drunkard
he was a pretty successful guy in life and is/was my role-model while growing up
However the only thing I got from him was becoming an alcoholic myself. I will never be so good in life like him

My parents are both fine tho

dad drink a beer every 2 weeks or so
mom only drinks in xmas and new years
my 20 years old brother drink
i dont drink at all, im 24

Dad used to be really bad. It was a nightmare actually. Mostly have most memories blocked off because I just wanted to forget so bad.

He's ok now though. Sometimes has a show or two but Im much stronger than him so he holds back.

The worst thing about it all is, no one spoke out loud about it, ever, and my mom and sisters just pretended everything was fine.

You got me curious; What happened?

No, that's a subhuman thing

Surprisingly, no.

I'm an alcoholic though.

how old are you? how did you get into this life?

Everyone in Eastern Europe is an alcoholic.

I'm 20.

I'm from Ireland.

>tfw all the many times dad was a jolly happy and cheerful son of a gun who brought joy to your childhood was drunk while doing so all the time.
>He dad alcohol but he only drank it so he can be the perfect dad for you because his normal personality was super dull and sterile

When I realized that all those moments in the past made sense. Never drove us to fun events and school stuff, breath freshners etc the standard "hide the fact you've been drinking", mixing Apple juice with another liquid

hi

He thought he had the funniest and most interesting things to tell, but they were mostly annoying or embarassing.

iktf. family dinners are a cringe fest.

Just """father""" but he became an alcoholic a bit before divorce w/ my mom.
My family is sort of straight edge so to speak, no drinking, no smoking, no drugs etc. Funny, it's the same reason they got a lot of shit in their lives, cause in this country if you don't engage in degeneracy such as drinking and work hard you are mentally ill

My father was alcoholic throughout all my childhood. I have a lot of bad memories of waking up my parents fighting, my mother crying, him puking or making noises while in a blackout, etc, etc. A ton of bad memories that have scarred me in some way. When I was around 15 years old, he fell down the stairs and broke like 6 ribs. He quit alcohol for some time, but fell back into it. Then a year later, his liver failed one day and he was hospitalized for a month. I didn't visit him once, but after that he sobered up and I have forgiven him. We are on good terms today, but I still feel uncomfortable referring him as "dad" (the equivalent), I always say "my father" when referring to him and "you" when talking to him. Probably the biggest reason I forgave him is that I experienced depression myself at 16 and was able to understand his situation.

Lol similar I call my dad "Thomas" since that's his name. He is a very rich man but he got drunk off his arse every day for nearly 20 years. He has alcoholic dementia these days. He's 67 and doesn't even know what year it is or how old he is

>the biggest reason I forgave him is that I experienced depression myself at 16 and was able to understand his situation.

the only difference here is that you didn't have any children. few wrongdoings can be justified, and being an alcoholic while you have children to care for is not one of them. don't forgive, and don't forget.

my maternal grandmother was an alcoholic
dad most likely has assburgers
mom's got ADHD
me and my two siblings have assburgers as well

what do I win?

His mother died when he was 18 and he lost his first born son when he was 40, his alcoholism worsened significantly after that.

a trip to psychologist

yes my father is
parents got divorced when I was 14, now I am 27 and feel luck of manliness since I was raised by women

Last time I went there was five years ago when I got my assburger diagnosis

Dad is a recovering alcoholic, he's doing good for himself these days. His whole side of the family are drunks and drug addicts, he's the only one that's gotten help.

don't you have autismbux in sweden. your assburgers is your advantage if so

I applied for it but was rejected because I'm not "handicapped" enough. So having a diagnosis doesn't necessarily mean that you get autismbux. I know others who gets autismbux but I honestly think they're worse off than I am, so maybe I don't deserve it. I'm not really sure. I kinda want to work anyway, but it's hard to find a job that suits me.

How do you survive then?

re-visit doctor's, who knows if your diagnosis worsened man...you gotta seize the free shit by the balls if you have the chance

the only alcoholic in my family is grandma

You can get money if you're actively looking for a job. It's not much by our standards (like 700€/month after taxes), but I can afford renting a small apartment, plus food, electricity and so on.

Like an unemployment insurance? We have the same here, but afaik in order to receive it, you must have had a job before. Ours goes up to 1700 BRL or ~600USD.

Why is that yellow devil trying to shoot Wojak?

I've thought about it. Maybe later this year. I'm hoping that I can go to university this autumn, we'll see how that goes.

We have that too, if you join a union and lose your job, you can get a percentage of your salary. This thing I'm talking about is different though, it's a government agency that's supposed to help people find a job. Basically in order to be eligible for government monies, you need to look for jobs and report it to this agency.

how the fuck can you afford an apartment and living on your own with only that? rent is like 6000 crowns a month for a one room apartment

I live in a small "town" with only a couple thousand inhabitants. The apartment is 40 square meters or so, and the rent is about 3500kr per month, with heating and water included. So half of the money I get goes to the rent.

Father would pour a glass of cognac, sit on a table and drink it while looking at a window. One glass lasted him for hours.
Mum started to go red and giggle after half a glass of champagne, so she never drunk much.

I still live at home but live in the city unfortunately, gotta say i am somehow jealous of you. I have ADD and scrape by working part time at mcdonalds. The add is really making things difficult for me and there is no way i can live by myself like you. But that money you get isnt infinite no? you gotta have something else going on

No, grandfather apparently was though.
Fuck that guy. Glad he died young and alone.

was your father a good man?

Living alone can do wonders, and it's not as hard as it may seem. You just got to do things the way you want. If you get the opportunity, then take it. What exactly is it that makes you say you can't live by yourself? Not including money because that one's obvious based on what you said.

I would probably be fine working half-time or something like that. It's just that most workplaces are too stressful for me. Working at McDonald's would be an absolute nightmare, for example. I spent a short time trying out a job at a hotel last year and it was a disaster. I'm genuinely impressed by people who work in places like this.

Many years ago, before I got my diagnosis, I worked shift in a factory. It was pretty tough, but I was lucky enough to work alone and I could do things in my own tempo while listening to music all day long. The pay wasn't bad either. I don't live in that place anymore though, or I might've gone back to that factory.

Not sure exactly what you meant with the last part, but I have no other sources of income than the government monies I get for looking for jobs. As far as I know, I'll keep getting money until I stop looking for a job.

well what i meant was because of add i cant perform as well as others so i dont get enough shifts to be able to afford living on my own. And i thought there was some sort of time limit on how long you can get gubmint monies for looking for a job....

I wonder if there is some sort of "program" for people with disabilities to get job opportunities, living at home at 20 isnt exactly something i want

I don't but my soon to come son will.

Sounds a lot like me. Assburgers and ADD has some similarities, so we might have similar difficulties. Though of course there's a lot of differences as well.

Not sure if there's a limit, I never heard anything about that. I guess I'll find out one day.
Do you have any contact with Arbetsförmedlingen? If you do, you should tell them that you have ADD and that you need help finding a job that suits you. I'm not sure if you're eligible for additional help (there's something called sius-konselent), but at least with assburgers you are. Might be worth a shot. Anyway good luck user, I need to sleep now. Good night!

No yours is sort of worse

Some families have an alcoholic patriarch who dominates everyone and abuses them emotionally, sometimes one or more physically, and they all pretend it's normal. Sometimes a/the physically abused individual gets grown and strong while the abuser has past his prime and can't be the top dog anymore. Everyone still stays silent about the past.

My father is alcoholic and an ethnic German.

Last week I sent him to a residence for the elderly, after he was for 2 years either in a hospital, or doing kinesiology rehab.

He ruined his life a few years ago by stumbling while drunk in his house, blacking out after his head hit something during the fall (the floor, furniture, who knows), and when he woke up after fainting he had damaged his brain, he lost his equilibrium, and became deaf.

the next years he almost kills himself due to drinking and depression, he had many falls, one the street, in his house, in one of them he broke a vertrebrae and ended up hospitalized and almost dead due to an infection, since the bone shattered in small pieces.

now he tells me he wants to live alone, in a small apartment, not in a placed for retired people, and I know he will drink again if I let him live alone.
I dont want to live through that all over again.
Either I go to a lawyer and judge to declare him insane and take away his freedom, or I let him kill himself drinking.

Dad was an heavy drinker when he was young. Probably did other things too, he was a totally degenerate hippie. Then he met my mom, and he turned his life around.

Then my mom got ill, then worse and worse. Cancer, then multiple sclerosis. Lasted 13 years. He managed to hold it more or less together. Then she died last year. He completely broke. Now he drinks every day. Not enough to be drunk, but enough to be dazed all the time. And when he can't sleep, he'll drink until he falls asleep.

I don't even remember my mom when she was healthy, or him happy.

Mine are drunk with faith

I am the alcoholic

my both parents are alcoholics, im not doing too much better on that aspect

This in all honesty.

Although my mother was a massive alcoholic for about 20 years or so. It still amazes me that those 20 years of her life, a human life, she spent entirely drunk and out of her mind.

I mean, a person lives for what? 80 years?

1/4 of her life has been spent drunk and doing nothing. Fucking lucky for her my dad's some sort of a research badass and makes enough money that she doesn't have to do shit and still travels the world and lives in a large house.

Stupid bitch.

My dad is alcoholic. Thankfully his body decided to quit before he did

I wonder which addiction is worse for most anons, alcohol or Sup Forums.

He dead?

Is it possible to be a good person but an alcoholic?

Mad dad is an abusive raging drunk and medic drug abuser

Drug addicts usually hurt those around them.

Used to have but he quit.

I'm so sorry.

That's actually pretty nice, I lost both grandfathers for alcoholism and my father is probably drinking himself to death now. Depression runs really really deep in my dna.

That's what happens to most alcoholics: Depression. I feel sorry for you m8, stay strong.

Dad used to be on the piss. Gotten clean a few years ago and hasnt touched the stuff since

>lower class aussie
>not having a completely alcoholic dysfunctional family
hold me lads