Tell me how the electoral college couldn't just hand this thing to Hillary

Tell me how the electoral college couldn't just hand this thing to Hillary.

Because if they did there would be a revolution. They'd be going against the democratic principles that have been upheld since the founding of our country.

they why do they have the option? aka not bound by law

> below are the results of the election in the states WITHOUT such rules

90% of those states vote republican all the time, only real toss up would be pennsylvania

It's more of a legal oversight. They simply have not ratified the law, they are still bound to uphold it.

if it's not law, they're not bound.
and if it's an oversight like you claim, then it would have been amended by now. it's not law for a reason

/thread/

Revolution? How? Who would you shoot? I don't have a tattoo saying how I voted. Trump voters look exactly like Hillary voters.

The map is irrelevant. Even in states where electors are "bound" those laws are unenforceable -- the electoral college is a secret ballot.

DId hillary win the electoral college? No.

Now fuck off

>but muh popular vote

That isn't the game, faggot. And I guerentee if it was the other way around you wouldn't be bitching. Sage in all fields.

it's probably how a lot of the founders imagined the election working (it's only specific state laws that force electors to vote with the electorate)

there's really no precedent for an election decided by unfaithful electors and honestly even with a projection of the future that sees trump as a nazi dickwiggler is probably less dark than the absolute incoherent shitstorm that would result if he got thrown out by electors.

>democratic principles
>declaring the person with fewer votes the winner

There aren't just 538 electors. Each state gets a certain amount of votes. Each candidate in that state gets a slate of electors totaling that states votes. When you vote you're voting for the electors that represent the candidate in your state. For instance, GA gets 16 votes. We had 3 candidates for president. We had a total of 48 electors. When we went Trump the 16 for Clinton and the 16 for Johnson we're done for the election. The 16 for trump will go vote in December. It works this way in all but a couple states. To assume that they're gonna just vote differently because liberals got their panties in a twist is a bold assumption. They were hand picked to vote republican. It's over.

i can tell hillary supporters from trump supporters. especially among the males.y

hillary supporter= numale
trump supporter = alpha buff

>guerentee

>hur durr u spelt it wrong

Doesn't change the fact that you're an ass blasted hillary supporter that can't handle losing. Grow a fucking pair, faggot.

>been amended

You know nothing about the Electoral Colleges then if you think that. The ECs haven't changed in decades, despite the whole premise of them.

the electoral college != the rules for congressional representation

the latter is what determines votes in the electoral college, but an electoral college is just a system of representative voting. so trump hasn't yet won it, and legal arguments for the electoral college not electing him have nothing to do with an uneven per capita distribution of voting power.

The law would have been amended, dumbass.

You know nothing about the Law then.

>Not knowing what a republican Democracy is

The "law" in this case has everything to do with the ECs. The ECs haven't changed. My point still stands.

Reminds me of when my mom died when I was 7. You look for any chance that she could be saved. So desperate and so in denial that you'll cling to any chance she can make it.

That's why the reaction to Trump's winning and the desire to overturn the results freak me out. These people are acting like this is a life or death situation. Propaganda did a number on them.

I know it has everything to do with it, that's what I'm saying. If the federal laws haven't been amended to close the loop hole of them not being bound (by law) to choose the candidate that won the populous of that state, then there is a reason why that loop hole exists.

Learn how to argue instead of making my point for me.

actual republican democracy would give some discretionary power to the electors. if the electors just vote they way their state votes, we just a rounding-error direct democracy.

Obviously this would be a terrible call, but because it is an electoral vote, sure it could legally happen

how's it feel voting for a useful idiot?

Because she conceded when she lost.

trump won an overwhelming majority of the counties which make up each states' voting districts. even with the prospect of mass faithless electing, do you really think the electors of red districts will vote for hillary?

i live in florida, for instance, and only a few districts favored hillary. at best, we could still expect like 27 electors to cast their vote for trump, worst case scenario.

hillary will not win through a faithless electorate.

**shitty wording, my bad. what i mean here is that i believe the best possible outcome, considering faithless electing, is that hillary may steal like one or two electoral votes from some states. not enough to get her elected though, seeing as trump is projected to win 306 votes

>electors of red districts
dipshit, electors dont have districts. and electoral college voting is anonymous. they can vote for whoever they want and just never admit who they voted for,.

I would not be surprised if the GOP intentionally deadlocks the electoral college in order to throw it to the House, then deadlocks the house in order to make Mike Pence the President. They could do this and try to deflect a lot of the blame onto Clinton and Democrats. Then they could have the President they really want (Pence) and screw Democrats in the process

Not him. I posted thisThere aren't 538 electors for the country. They don't sit around for 4 years talking about electorate shit. Red states have red electors. The blue or yellow electors in those states won't be voting. The electors in each state for each candidate were hand picked by their party to vote for their party. It's over. We accept it. Obama accepts it. Hillary accepts it. What people ITT are suggesting is a statistical impossibility.

what principal would that be? the one where most popular candidate wins, or the the one where someone without the most votes wins?

got huge news for you dickbreath, NOBODY has won the EC vote, it hasn't been cast yet, back to your magic the gathering game ass-sponge

Another faggot that thinks there were 538 electors from the beginning that were supposed to vote how their state voted. It's over. The 290+ that are supposed to vote for trump were hand selected to vote republican anyway. Not gonna happen friendo.

to win Brooklyn county is by far a greater challenge than winning Moosefuck Idaho where there are 6 people in the county all related, to say that moosefuck should have equal say in who is elected is fucking retarded the way only butthurt republicans can be