Why do metalheads hate them so much

why do metalheads hate them so much

because 15yos like you escape your quarantine on /r/metalcore and shitpost hottopic-core here

sage

I don't even listen to metal and I fuckin' despise them.

>implying incessant whining about how life is terrible isn't the same thing as incessant whining about how life is terrible thirty years ago
Metal is shit, and so is this Post-hardcore garbage. Just because one is done by old pieces of shit doesn't make it any better.

>post hardcore
>metalcore
>can't tell the difference

Helllo new Friend

This is a great band, their newest album is good. Everyone who disagrees KYS themselves

suicide season > there is a hell > sempiternal > count your blessings > that's the spirit

no no, Fugazi, At The Drive-In, Refused... are equally as garbage as Pierce the Veil you know
i mean i thought this was basic knowledge

>fugazi
gtfo

I literally stopped listening after Suicide Season, I know they've gone above and beyond the deathcore genre but I'm not sure what they've become. Are they worth it now, or is it still teenager angsty bullshit?

>babby's first punk xddddddd

they appeal to a younger more hip/wider group of people i hate metal and like BMTH also the emo scene ruined them for "true" metal fans

Because they suck?

because they suck. it's actually a very simple phenomenon. they just have no merit.

the opening track of there is a hell is probably the best thing they ever recorded and the rest of the album is pretty solid, it's more straightforward metalcore with drippings of electronic production and a few clean vocals, pretty solid musicianship
sempiternal, electronics and clean vocals more to the forefront but it's also a solid metalcore record, lots of big choruses, lots of chugging riffs, lots of it is catchy as hell, somewhat of a linkin park vibe from oli's vocals
that's the spirit is pretty much just a poppy electronic rock album, loads of clean vocals, lots of choruses, occasional moments of good catchy songwriting but nothing as distinct
but yeah they're pretty much still angsty teen bullshit i just like them a lot despite that. they scratch the itch when i want to hear things like that.
i'd check out crucify me, alligator blood and shadow moses if you're at all interested
or if i wrote this incredibly long post about bring me the horizon for fucking nothing

Thanks for the write-up. I think they deserve a second chance, while I'm no longer into metalcore, exceptional records of the genre are always welcome. From what you've written I'd probably enjoy Sempiternal the most, so I'll go check that out once I've gone through the individual songs you've listed.

Count Your Blessings is still hard as fuck. they just get hate because of how they look and retarded lyrics. if they looked like the members of In Flames, the hate would not be such a meme. their latest album is fucking terrible but There Is A Hell + Sempiternal were nice departures from their old immature sound.

>dude teen angst :D ha ha ha life is just as it is
kys

Sartre is only angsty because he's an ugly motherfucker

but that's objectively not true
at worst they were mediocre

tbf most metal bands look retarded

kek
I recently read about a conversation between sartre and camus where camus asked him why did he try to impress a girl with a super long discussion on voltaire when she was an easy bang in his opinion and sartre said that he had to do that because he was an ugly manlet

say that to my face

Most music in some way relates back to the theme of life being hard, because the essence of good art is conflict.

Bands like BMTH are hated for two reasons

1. They're cringy as fuck.

2. "Metalheads" define themselves by being elitist cunts who place on metal on the supreme altar of music and decry anything they don't like to not be "true" metal despite sharing all the same characteristics because metal is some holy sphere that if something they don't like comes into contact with it, it somehow devalues it. Basically they're the same as any group who treat the music they listen to not as a form of entertainment but as a lifestyle.