Did San Andreas greatly influence your taste in music?

Did San Andreas greatly influence your taste in music?

I started listening to a lot of different bands because of this game and branched out from there. My taste in music wouldn't be the same without this game.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_ccMgPioLbo
youtube.com/watch?v=e_i0hCkhVcg
youtube.com/watch?v=_lNvab5pGAk
soundcloud.com/djrashadteklife/rashad-heaave-d-its-wack
youtube.com/watch?v=r7zBMm6WNzk
youtube.com/watch?v=BJIqnXTqg8I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

introduced me to kool and the gang, public enemy and faith no more

the country station is banging too

Whenever I think about how much I dislike country, I think back to K-Rose and remember how good the genre can be. The rest of the stations were stellar, as well. Best GTA soundtrack imo.

Same. GTA games have a great variety of bands on their OSTs, made me realize country and hiphop are cool genres too as a kid.

A little bit, but the THPS series really started it for me.

Man it totally changed my life. 11 year old me had never listened to gangsta rap or grunge.

Yeah it definitely influenced my taste a lot. As did a few of the Tony Hawks games, Skate 2 and Guitar Hero/Rock Band

no, I had already listened to the majority of this music as a child in the 90's. except for country though, all my exes live in texas and don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys were great songs on K-Rose. Could never get into House music so I always switch to something else when SFUR was on.

Dude sfur is the shitt

GTA from Vice City onwards always has GOAT music variety.

Just from the top of my head I remember loving Eric. B & Rakim, Billy Idol, Thin Lizzy from this game.

introduced me to hip hop, alternative, jazz, funk and fucking country in a time when i only listened to electronic music, mainly jungle and dnb

it's honestly pretty fucking embarassing that a vidya about some random hood niggas influenced my taste more than any person or music website

Actually, If it wasn't for GTA III, I would have never gotten into Drum n' Bass when it was good. Too bad we never got a speed garage station.

D. Kay - Monolith
youtube.com/watch?v=_ccMgPioLbo
it gets fucking aggressive after the build up, my cock gets hard every time!

Dom & Ryme Tyme - Iceberg
youtube.com/watch?v=e_i0hCkhVcg
this track hits you right away.

RiseFM was better to be quite honest my dear user.

I almost exclusively listened to K Rose.

GTA 3 influenced my music taste in a big way. Drum and Bass, Jungle, Trance and even Dub. I even bought an original pressing of Scientist's Vampire's album. It wasn't cheap but goddamn what a chill record.

No, but this one kinda did.

owner of a lonely heart

I was a vice-city pc boy and before that game i only really listened to rap and some rock
been bangin' atomic ever since

SA got me into everything but GTA V got me into most of my favorite artists now. I'm going out on a limb here but V's soundtrack is the best

dubs dont lie

Because of Fly-Lo FM, I somehow got into chicago ghetto juke through DJ Rashad - It's Wack since his label Teklife has a ton of ghetto juke artist.

youtube.com/watch?v=_lNvab5pGAk

better quality.

soundcloud.com/djrashadteklife/rashad-heaave-d-its-wack

youtube.com/watch?v=r7zBMm6WNzk

BEST

GTA 4 had Smashing Pumpkins and David Bowie, which was pretty fucking awesome, but I was already into them.

It did get me into The Stooges though.

youtube.com/watch?v=BJIqnXTqg8I

>Eminence Front stars playing

i think gta 3 was the first time i heard proper dub music. and i really liked it