The great debate

The great debate

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_of_Sound
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mono was the way Brian intended it to be listened to. I bet you like Beatles in stereo too

Mono: DCC
Stereo: MFSL

>you should listen to an album the way a man deaf in one ear intended it to be listened to

Hmm

>shit in mono
>shit in stereo

pic related is objectively better

The mono sounds like something out of the 1920s. while the stereo you can actually hear the instruments

I support this

since i listened to this album i cant listen to any other verison of heroes and villains and good vibrations

Pre "Rubber Soul" this is actually correct.

They both have their merits, but this is one of the few albums of that time I personally think sound better in stereo. There's so much going on in it that listening to it in mono is like running a steamroller over it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_of_Sound

pick up a recording that isn't NoNoised to death btw

yes

>Mono: DCC
>not the 2009 AF

i can't tell the difference

I originally heard it in stereo, so when I heard it in mono it was terrible.

does anyone have the copypasta where someone listened to both and said mono sounds like your dream girl but stereo is a cold bitch or something

>2009 AF
Literally a hissier tape dub of the master for the DCC, what's the point other than Hoffman wanting more shekels?

Mono. Sound engineers and producers didn't understand stereo in it's early days so all they did was separate the instruments into the two channels which resulted in an incredibly irritating and gimmicky sound presentation by today's standards.

Thank you for pointing out the distinction. I was about to do the same

Pet Sounds stereo mix isn't that bad tho

>implying the 2009 AF isn't the closest to the original

pet sounds stereo mix was made in 1996 though i think

>literally a higher-generation tape
>closest

this album sucks ASS anyways

>not making your own rip of the 1972 mono reissue because the source tape used for digital versions has artifacts and other shit that you can't unhear

The mono version has a few alternate takes that are better

>the DCC
>not a distorted piece of shit

yea the AF is hissier but it's not distracting at all, especially in the face of better audio clarity.