First day working at theater

>first day working at theater
>I'm shoveling popcorn behind the counter and my trainer's running the register
>hear an older customer say "Well don't you seem to be enjoying your job today?"
>Assume it's a positive thing and continue shoveling
>She asks the other guy behind the counter for a manager
>Wonder if it's like a compliment or something

>realize later on that it was actually a horrifically condescending conversation and that the customer was rude as shit
>feel awful because my autism didn't allow me to pick up on it
>mfw

Anyone else working at a theater?

she said that to u or your trainer?

what was the runup

Said it to the trainer.

Crush works at a theater and twice a week after work I go see movies I torrented decent camrips of weeks prior just to catch a glimpse of her.

Without school as a social glue I don't know how to to orchestrate a meeting with a girl.

A girl I liked for a bit is a coworker now.

I gave up the pursuit when I realized she was a lesbian but she's still good people all the same.

Don't work at a theatre but i can say when i've been i've never treated staff like a piece of shit. What a bitch.

To be fair when working a job like that you get a few rotten assholes.

Not everyone's a good person and largely you have to accept that. I'm manning Register tomorrow though (technically today) so hopefully that cockwipe doesn't show up again.

Some people are just miserable cunts. Don't worry about it op.

Not a theater job story but I deliver pizza so my whole job is nothing but autistic encounters

funnest one was i was delivering out to a house in the boonies

>20 minute drive to the address
>get to house
>looks like a nice country house no big deal
>grab the pizzas and the receipt and walk up to the door
>see white teeth and eyes levitating towards me from the side of the house
>shit my pants and yell "FUCK"
>black guy gets into the light and was like
>I knew I shouldve worn my white sweater, I'm so sorry man"
>we spend the next 5 minutes histarically laughing and he gives me a $15.00 tip

I am never stingy about tips (because it's not a big deal if you do or don't, i get paid per delivery anways) but it was super nice of him

walk up to her and ask her out. for real tho. i do this sometimes. half the time it works. just smile be sincere and confidant.

>just b urself, b confident
> C^;;

I'm learning not to.

Fucking kek

Racist as all hell but fucking funny all the same

It's just a customer service thing.
Some people have so little control over their own lives that the only way they can assert control over others is to start a fight they literally cannot lose - one against someone who isnt going to argue back, because if you do they can tell your boss.

You know those kids who start shit on the playground and then threaten to tell the teacher? They probably didnt grow up.

Practice makes perfect user

I know the feel.

I've been told it really is easiest just to be like "Hey, you wanna go get lunch sometime?" if there's already some form of established social relationship.

And believe me man, once you get out of school your options drop drastically if you don't get in with the right crowd.

that's smart

>once you get out of school your options drop drastically if you don't get in with the right crowd.

jesus CHRIST this

I mean it was just some rude-ass old lady wanting to see some Horse movie. I honestly didn't pick up on how fucking rude she was until my trainer relayed it to another coworker who was replacing her at the time.

It's like "Oh...OHH. So that's what was happening there."

It's what I've observed.

I got in primarily with fat nerds because I can relate to them and I'm not getting laid at ALL

Ewww. Camrips

Go to concerts by yourself
Great way to make friends, alot of the time groups may see you by yourself and ask if you want to tag along with them
Sometimes leads to the bar afterwards, or an exchange of numbers

I'll give it a go, most concerts I go to are positive experiences but I never go alone.

good luck user
you have any coworkers with groups?
that's also a good way

Might have a couple. I'mma see what I can do.

I've heard so many things surrounding the age of 19 this year (my 19th year) that I'm having a hard time not seeing it as some kind of sign.