Fuck the Baby Boomers

Fuck the Baby Boomers
Worst.Generation. Ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

internetsociety.org/internet/what-internet/history-internet/brief-history-internet
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't like you either, but at least I have a job, free higher education, a house and a pension to look forward to.

Mind you we did save the world from tyranny and invent the internet. What have you lot done so far - oh, that's right, hipsters and LGBT

I think so to, inb4 general "not all baby boomers are bad" but really they have screwed alot of shit
up for people in the USA, I think that the worst
thing was Richard Nixon taking us off the Gold Standard, which really fucked the US over

>saved the world from tyranny

>finances boat @3.9%
>makes you borrow tuition money at 8.9%

The bank can take the boat, genius. It can't suck the "education" (undoubtedly useless bullshit about feels) out of your head.

>what is collateral
>what is risk assessment

basically a society who hates his olders is hell on earth, dont go that way op fucking fag

OK, that was my father's lot.

ITT: The federal government continues to create problems and take money and power, and pits the idiots against each other yet again.

>take his money!
>no, take his!

Retards...

>Retires
Kek

>ITT: Idiot who doesn't understand that almost every single issue started with Ronald 'Raygun' Reagan

Baby boomers are the generation after WW2 you silly goose.

>Mind you we did save the world from tyranny and invent the internet.

I know, I was fucking with you

Already confirmed it here

See
But the internet is ours, though.

Unions were pretty fucking shitty for the country in the long run

Celebrity presidents eh?

not even your dubs can save you from this shit of a post

The boomers definitely had it easier but we millennials are fucking dumb about how we spend our money. You could still afford a house on a pisspot salary if you skipped the $100 Internet bill, $200 cellphone bill, didn't buy thousands of dollars in gizmos and toys, actually got a useful college degree instead of medieval lesbian studies, only had one car to a family. The boomers were handed the keys to the kingdom on a golden platter but now that times have gotten tough and their retirement funds if they had them at all are totally buttfucked after the dotcom and 08 market crashes they cant survive in the fucked up world they have left us with that we are far better adapted for.
>tldr millenials are coming and we will eat the boomers alive

De facto ending Bretton Woods was probably the only good thing Nixon did as president. The religion of hard money and "we've gotta pay back the public debt" is what's killing the first world.

Agreed. Along with Gen Xers. When millenials come into power i vote we cull the previous generations

I'm a millennial and a lot of this applies to me. Instead of racking up debt in college you should establish yourself with a job. Granted, I have had a shit service job for the last 10 years and lost all my hair because of it. But, just because you have a degree doesn't mean you're entitled to more than a full time job and just above minimum wage.

actually you need to fix that last one
part of the problem in the job market is that boomers aren't retiring
if they'd retire then there'd me more jobs to go around for the newer generations

No amount of posting will save you from globalisation, debt and a housing crisis, so I can live with being criticised for a bad post on an anonymous image board populated i the main by no-hoper teenagers

>>tldr millenials are coming and we will eat the boomers alive
No you aren't faggot our generation is fucked keep fucking dreaming.

Except the newer generations are all illiterate and want "safe spaces" to be special little snowflakes confused about their sexuality, rather than put in the hours and do a great job.

Which is why boomers are still in demand

And we defeated communism for you (you're welcome, East Germany, you're welcome, eastern Europe), and we invented the internet for you, and we ended segregation and started affirmative action for you (you're welcome, niggers), and we brought in the mestizos to do the shit tier work so you could have better jobs and a brighter future.

But no, "I don't want to look for a job and live on my own, I want to play video games in your basement while you take care of me, like I'm still 10." Fucking millenials.

One of the leading issues is that the jobs these boomers are retiring from are also being outsourced, not filled because they can just merge the position with another or just closing them. A big problem that was highlighted during the recession was that many boomers and such were not only keeping their jobs (if they could) but picking up other jobs as well at part-time and, since they had established job histories, were being hired over people coming out of both high school and college.

Actually the millennials are proving to be the dumbest generation, electing Cheeto Jesus because emails.

just stop posting while you're behind man, jesus

>we

you didn't do shit you fat fuck but complain about liberals

those were individuals. you old assholes collectively elected assholes who ruined this nation...but kept you asleep on the gravy train with your finger on the voting machine

>while you're behind man
We have the wealth - you can have the posts. I guess you win.

I'll just have to count my 7-figure 401k and get my houses valued to console myself

learn to economics kid
The boomers are hosed and will work until the day they die, finacial literacy is skyrocketing among millenials. Sure there are the whiny sjw faggots that you see on CNN but they are a loud as fuck super minority. Mellenials have the highest rate of entrepreneurship of any generation in modern history. We know the system is fucked and we are adapting against it. Im a trader and make nearly 80% ROI year over year I'll be able to retire comfortably by 40. Trust son we got this.
>tldr dont be a defeatist cunt dig down and find a way to win

Yeh, put bluntly they're self-entitled ignorant fuck-ups.

>Im a trader and make nearly 80% ROI year over year I'll be able to retire comfortably by 40. Trust son we got this.

yeah everybody's going to become a 1%'er like you.

k

>Im a trader and make nearly 80% ROI year over year
hahahahahahahahaha
*breathe*
hahahahahahahaha

The stories and information......etc etc

You are pants on head retarded if you think the gold standard is a good idea.

Dear Boomers

Thanks for nothing. And enough debt to ensure nothing.

Sincerely
The Future

What the fuck are you talking about? People under 39 voted as the following
>18-24
56% Democrat, 35% Republican, 9% Other
>25-29
53% D, 39% R, 8% O
>30-39
51% D, 40% R, 9% O

And even if those millenials who voted 'Other' voted for clinton, all that would me is she would have won Michigan and maybe Pennsylvania, despite the fact that most people who voted Libertarian tend to skew their vote towards the Republicans anyway.

I came from nothing bro single mom, and started investing off a retail salary while still living with her. I worked at Best Buy for fucks sake and made 10 bucks an hour I just didnt blow my money on stupid shit I put it to work for me.

B-BUT RON PAUL

>only had one car to a family
Good luck making that work now, especially since both parents work.

>The boomers were handed the keys to the kingdom on a golden platter
You can't be serious.

Someone's bitter they wasted so much time not improving themselves. Was going to CC too hard for you?

i member

Thanks for electing Trump retard.

Millenials elected Drumpf. You deserve every turd you eat losers.

> Michigan and maybe Pennsylvania
Yeah well we kind of needed those states

kek

The millennial still by and large drank the Clinton Emails kool aid

that's why we lost

See

You know who invented the internet?

It doesn't matter. The invention of the internet was possible because the government was willing to spend large sums money on research and development that had a potential to be useful.

But now the government can't do shit because baby boomers start screaming about death tax or something so all the smart people got out of the government jobs. The idiots in America got what they dreamed of: a dysfunctional government.

The boomers have presided over the longest and most prosperous period of American and global hostory I call that the keys to the kingdom fuckwit

I don't fucking care about your success story.

There's a reason why they call it the 1%.

And right now we're fucked, and nobody middle class or lower is going to succeed like that under a Trump administration.

>damage control this hard

bullshit

This country was more prosperous when the Boomers were kids.

They fucked this country both socially and economically. And now we're paying for it hard.

Just too soft to succeed and too bitter to admit that all you deserve is what you get

This post is about as bullshit as it gets, but the grain of truth in it is that entrepreneurship is basically the only sustainable option in this economy.

But ultimately, that boils down to trade + tech skills. And more often than not, you'll have to be comfortable with up-selling boomers a bunch shit they won't get a real return from.

I'm 26 now. That used to bother me. I've since adopted the attitude of "fuck you, I'm getting mine." I'm now fairly stable.

Highly recommend it.

Communism defeated itself you stupid nigger. And if we're talking about the generation collectively, then it's your generation that also opposed the civil rights movement and affirmative action. Also, thank you for bringing in all the spics.

just shut the fuck up

nobody believes you anyway

Now count how many millennials didn't vote, and add those in the Trump column.

>Heh, I was only pretending to be retarded

The great American educational system at work.

What "tyranny" did the baby boomers save us from, exactly?
Low gas prices? Intact families? Disease-free sex? Jobs with decent salaries AND benefits? Decent healthcare? Quality education? Affordable cars?
I know, maybe it's the tyranny of having a government free of debt and protective of our constitutional rights. You guys definitely made sure THAT nightmare scenario didn't happen.

>presided
Presiding =/= accomplishing anything. Republicans presided over the 20's, but the Depression didn't start getting better until FDR came along.

Is is really better to be your own boss, ultimately.

Let's hope this sinks in while we stagger through the next 10 years.

>18-39 percentage of total voters
36%
>40-65+ potv
64%

Yeah, because with all of these new voting restrictions going on across the country (no same-day registration, restricted early voting, decreased number of voting stations, mandatory IDs, all despite only ~30 cases of voter fraud in the last 2 decades of which over 2 billion votes were cast but yeah, gotta keep the college going kids and minority votes low, am I white?) are helping.

Also, fuck the Electoral College. Why the fuck should Montana have an effective voting weight 3 times more powerful than California? That's right folks, in order to cancel out 1 vote from Montana takes 3 votes in California. If we did a popular vote, Clinton would have won (she is up around 1.5 million votes nationally after all).

So what?

Not that guy, but I didn't go to college either. I self-taught web development and I'm doing well now.

He's not wrong. You don't need college for good work.

checked

Kek, saved us from tyranny. You blrw your b8 load to soon m8.

Nobody ever talks about the fact that "inventing the internet" was just scaling up shit we already had. It's really not that remarkable a feat. We already had networks. We just made them bigger.

Couldnt care less. You could all win if you wanted to. I just enjoy basking in the defeatist rhetoric and knowing that when my kind buttfucks the economy to make a quick buck your kind will pick up the tab and continue shuffling toward oblivion while I shop for sports cars and mansions.

Gen X here
Agreeing with my millennial bro
They voted the country into a mess, ran up the debt dried out soc sec

you brought hippies that started all of this
kys

Yeah I agree with everything you're posting, but it's pretty hard to reform the system when the country just elected a regime that wants to roll back progress. Big League.

>I call that the keys to the kingdom fuckwit
Yeah, as in "Baby Boomers we handed the keys to the kingdom, and then promptly sold one to China, threw one into the ocean, and shoved the other so far up their ass that it's fused to their colon."

Sorry, but realizing that everyone can't be the top is not "defeatist reasoning."

>while I shop for sports cars and mansions.

Enjoy filing bankruptcy like your Cheeto Jesus Savior.

fuck you commie :)

Ouch. I'm surprised this didn't trigger the kids.

no worries m8, Trump will get it back, promise.

>You know who invented the internet?
>J.C.R. Licklider of MIT in August 1962 discussing his "Galactic Network"
Boomer
>Leonard Kleinrock at MIT published the first paper on packet switching theory in July 1961
boomer
>In 1965 working with Thomas Merrill, Laurence Roberts connected the TX-2 computer in Mass. to the Q-32 in California with a low speed dial-up telephone line creating the first (however small) wide-area computer network ever built
both boomers
>In October 1972, Bob Kahn organized a large, very successful demonstration of the ARPANET at the International Computer Communication Conference (ICCC). This was the first public demonstration of this new network technology to the public. It was also in 1972 that the initial "hot" application, electronic mail, was introduced. In March Ray Tomlinson at BBN wrote the basic email message send and read software, motivated by the need of the ARPANET developers for an easy coordination mechanism.
two more boomers
Then there's Tim Berners-Lee (boomer)

Shall I go on?

Source
internetsociety.org/internet/what-internet/history-internet/brief-history-internet

see because millennials (or "Generation Fap" as I like to call them) couldn't be arsed to get out and vote in their own self interest. Too busy playing Fallout and getting fatter. see

>Last generation that needn't worry about global warming

The kids that are being born now are going to have to clean up the economy AND the planet. Thanks for assfucking both, baby boomers.

Except it didn't.
The national debt as we know it started back after Martin Van Buren ran us back into debt after Andrew Jackson had eliminated it in the administration before. What REALLY kickstarted the debt spiral as we know it now was the 1974 Budget Act, which basically took everything liberals ever wanted (i.e., everything but defense spending) off the table for budget cuts forever AND saddled us with mandatory yearly budget increases over and above the calculated inflation rate.
It's perhaps the single shittiest, most ruinous piece of legislation ever; nobody ever bats an eye at it, and it came to us courtesy of the Baby Boomers.

Who says I'm American?

>Shall I go on?

Go on about what? How your generation fucked this country?

We already knew that. You can't handle it.

Very scholarly, but it isn't relevant to the point.

>The invention of the internet was possible because the government was willing to spend large sums money on research and development that had a potential to be useful.

XDDDDDDDDDDDD

do they come even dumber?

>the wage fall since 1973 on whole in the us can be blamed on the 60/70s actions of some american teenagers.

get real. it has been from (((the man)) just like it was back in the boomers day.

If you're not an American then you're acutally an honest to god retard.

He asked if I knew who invented the internet. It didn't spring fully formed into existence - it evolved from early beginnings, as I laid out. Thus directly relevant.

Keep crying in your cheetos and mountain dew you fat loser neckbeards. Or try to work for change. (Like the chronic masturbator generation will ever do that).

do you even know what a baby boomer is you faggot? It's BORN AFTER WW2 (1945)

>J.C.R. Licklider born 1915
>Leonard Kleinrock born 1934
>Thomas Merrill and Laurence Roberts, no source of birth date
>Bob Kahn born 1938
>Ray Tomlinson born 1941

Literally the only person you listed who is actually a baby boomer is Barnes-Lee.

Why is the truth "dumb" to you.

No way the current day Boomers would ever allow that kind of government investment.

They're Teatards now.

Where is the fuck is Hagbard Celine when you need him?

Project much? Me struggling to change things for the better doesn't change the fact your stupid faggot generation fucked this country.

>We already knew that. You can't handle it.
To quote Rhett Butler: "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn".

I'm comfortable. You're not. You don't like me. Boo hoo. The sound you hear is the world's smallest violin (about all you'll be able to fit in the tiny apartment which is all you can afford as we have the wealth).

And your landlord will probably be a boomer too.

Except it isn't.
It's the only thing holding civilization together right now.
The minute we repudiate the national debt is the moment our whole fucking world falls the fuck apart.
You don't even know.
What REALLY needs to happen is a complete restructuring of our government to pay back all that money. Yes, it will require a full generation or two to REALLY fix and things will be shitty for quite a while, but only because the Baby Boomer, Silent and WWII generations spent all of that cash 50 years ago on pipe dreams and bullshit.

>try to work for a change
in what job? the ones you guys took and wont die to make room for?
no one wants to hire us and take the time to train us when they already have you guys to slave away.
sorry that we want to be able to live our lives instead of working them away