Why do people act like Pablo Honey is the Phantom Menace of Radiohead or something...

Why do people act like Pablo Honey is the Phantom Menace of Radiohead or something? Like it's this huge embarrassment that we're not even supposed to acknowledge. It's on the same level as The Bends, imho. It doesn't have the genre-transcending ambition that they later became known for, but you can't expect every album to have that. For what it is, which is a Dinosaur Jr/Smiths rip off, it's good. I'd rather listen to Pablo Honey than A Moon Shaped Pool, to be honest, which was underwhelming to me. And it's nice to mix their early shit in when you're listening to Radiohead, it makes their later progression even more impressive. But even hardcore Radiohead fans seem to overlook it automatically. Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bJhAOsTsLXI
youtube.com/watch?v=jK4ynCvvV0A
youtube.com/watch?v=DnGdoEa1tPg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

disliking pablo honey is just a meme

it's like saying navi is annoying in oot. no one screams at their television for her to shut up, but we like to pretend we do

because its fun pop music and the short funny eye man has grown to hate anything fun

Is it really just a meme though when it's an opinion espoused by 99% of people

Which is too bad. There's an innocence and earnestness on PH that they never really displayed again

its average, some of its pretty good, some of its shit. its not worth shit compared to later works.

I don't see how The Bends is so much better. It's basically the same shit.

Thom thinks it's an abomination and truly despises it. Personally iv'e listened to the whole thing (and itch) a lot and it's not really BAD. t bh ppl probably find it bad bc all other 8 albums are amazing

The Bends has much better songwriting though; nothing on PH compares to Street Spirit

>Why do people act like Pablo Honey is the Phantom Menace of Radiohead or something?

we don't. you're getting angry over mere memes

(You) and Blow out are pretty good songs. The rest isn't bad, it's just boring. Except for Anyone can play guitar, which I cringe at every time.

Street Spirit is horseshit.

I'm not talking about Sup Forums I'm talking about people in general

>Street Spirit is horseshit.

Blow Out is a decent song. The rest of them are kinda meh.

Was coke babies a PH b-side or the bends? Either way it's a really nice track.

I like it more than AMSP too.

Yeah. It reminds me of fucking System of a Down when they let their whiny guitarist sing lead vocals.

youtube.com/watch?v=bJhAOsTsLXI

youtube.com/watch?v=jK4ynCvvV0A

I get it now, you were just trying to get me mad.

But if you honestly believe this then you are tone deaf.

I don't even know you, retard. I don't give a fuck how you feel.

That's what you post when someone says they just trolled you. I didn't. I haven't been trolling in this thread at all.

I'm not really a Radiohead fan and Pablon Honey is actually the album of theirs I've gotten most into.

that makes it a meme yes

Coke Babies was a b-side to Anyone Can Play Guitar

Very accurate analogy user

I don't care what Thom thinks, Kurt Cobain didn't like Nevermind

Thank you for saying Pablo Honey is better than A Moon Shaped Pool. AMSP is Radiohead's worst release yet.

While Pablo Honey is Radiohead's most sonically uninteresting and musically derivative, Pablo Honey has great songwriting for a debut. Sure, it pales in comparison to the rest of Radiohead's work (except AMSP), but still. It's a great album. It was already incredibly telling of Radiohead's talent and great potential.

How is that whiny? Is he whining or can I not hear that.

youtube.com/watch?v=DnGdoEa1tPg

Agreed. If they would've just kept in that direction, I think they still would've become a beloved band, just more in the vein of U2 or something rather than being the Pink Floyd of their generation

Because Thom Yorke hated it for a while. Most fans would still enjoy it if not for all the interviews in the late 90s and early 00s of Thom talking about how sick he is of his guitar and he was finding all melody to be embarrassing. Its not Amnesiac, but its got some good stuff.

In Rainbows is all guitars and melody bruh

>In Rainbows is all guitars
...Bro...there's..TONS of string sections on that album.

this

What's your point?

I misinterpreted your message. I thought you meant it only focused on guitars. My bad.

Pablo Honey is just as good as The Bends in that they're both shit. TKOL is pretty mediocre, In Rainbows is overrated and Amnesiac>>>>Kid A.

What do you think about HTTT, OKC and AMSP?

Pablo Honey isn't the Phantom Menace, it's Mad Max 1

The Bends is Pablo Honey but with better songwriting, better guitar textures, and generally MUCH less mediocre. And speaking of textures, AMSP is by a country mile their most accomplished album in that respect; songs like Daydreaming, The Numbers and Present Tense are easily on a different level from their previous albums compositionally. It absolutely leaves a record like Pablo Honey in the dust.

>HTTT
Put me off by how overt and preachy it was a lot of times but thought it was still pretty good.
>OKC
Great. Not much to say.
>AMSP
Thought it was good but I had really low expectations after TKOL.