$40 million domestic gross

>$40 million domestic gross

that's ridiculously low
why did it do so badly?

People want their silly escapism in spandex rather than armour. It's just the wrong time to release it in America. It''s done well in the rest of the world though.

It's doing well in China because there not everyone is a closeted gay

pro tip: no one outside of english speaking countries cares if a blockbuster movie is good or not so long as the brand recognition is strong enough
t. foreigner

Are they open gay?

>rest of the world
>literally only china

Bad word of mouth. When everyone outside of Sup Forums is saying it's shit, none of their friends are going to go see it. I saw it and hated it, I've told people to avoid it.

Probably because the craze surrounding World of Warcraft died out.

If this was made when the Cataclysm expansion first came out, maybe it'd do better.

>why did it do so badly?
cause the director was shitting on the neckbeards and lorefags that would actually watch it.

while the chinks off course loved it

The trailer looked like absolute shit. The Orcs looked like a videogame and the humans like a shitty larp fest.

Should have just went all computer graphics. Even the humans.

its doing well in china because every movie with lots of cgi explosions and simple plots are popular in china

what the fuck

Didn't it do really well throughout Europe as well? Not sure bout here in Aus

>What is Eastern Europe?

why does everyone get so butt hurt about that? the cunt is in the movie for a split second

holy shit that's sad
political correctness destroyed everything

>>>/reddit/

legendary was taken over china and apparently hollywood likes diversity but hates the chinese so they payed off reviewers to be even harsher than they should have been on a halfwhat decent movie.
That or american blizzard "fans" are cheapskate fucking assholes, why wouldn't you want more blizzard movies?

That being said, the movie is definitely flawed, but didn't deserve this shit.

Asian elves are fucking retarded though, goddamn

Whats wrong with elves being asian? Isn't most of Nelf design based on japan anyways?

poland here, this movie sucks, śmieciowe kino

their architecture pretty much reminds of neo-byzantine with those moon temples

And yet they say it is the biggest box office for a video game... yeah by one more million just surpassing prince of persia.

well it was kinda bad, not gonna lie. I really liked the orc parts but every human scene was cringeworthy. The golem fight was complete shit.
also
>asian elves
>lothars sister is black

Thats basically the Naboo structure.

How can not one human scene be good?
Fuck this movie must really be bad for everyone to say this

a combination of bad acting and the ridiculously stylized aesthetic (armor, props, set design) that might work well in a cgi environment but when used with actual human beings makes everyting just look like cheap cosplay.

It really isn't. Just hyperbole again. Download the torrent when it's out and you'll find it this yourself. The bad scenes that are spammed here are cherrypicked and you don't even notice them in the movie.
The first Hobbit(only one I saw) was ten times worse.

>the first hobbit was ten times worse

No it wasn't, not in any stretch of the imagination.

Probably because it looks like shit.

it was the top selling film all across Europe you memer

i dont understand why you guys sperg out over this, he just answered the question, he didnt make the 2 second scene elf asian for a political statement. thats just what happens when you use real actors.
Gul Dan was asian too no one gave a shit cause it was just his voice

Most had grown out of it?

Everyone just watched the Chinese rip since no one wants to be caught watching it.

How about because it was spectacularly shit?

Everything about it was bad or worse.

It's a shit sandwich.

Muh PC boogeyman

It's a bad movie.

They have Korean food and dress and vaguely asian architecture for their wooden buildings.

How was this worse than the avengers movies?

t.Hackson

It was on par with most capeshit movies, but that doesnt say much by itself.

It didn't feel like a movie, it felt like one of those video compilations of every cutscene from a game.

There was a lack of a basic understanding of cinematography.

There was no juxtaposition.

The story is geared against anyone who didn't play WoW, I only played the RTS trilogy and still felt confused at times.

The story tried to pander to everyone and make it so that the only villain is Gul'dan.

The retcons were horseshit.

The human actors were across the board terrible. (Khadgar looked and acted like a high school movie Hispanic comic relief)

They adapted the WoW version of the universe which is the least apt for a cinematic adaption, instead of an original version or one of the earlier games.

The character interactions felt too modern and unlike any of the games, while taking itself too seriously would've been bad too, this was way worse.

Russell Brand Medivh.

normies who didn't play the game in charge of reviews

Too brown

Quads confirm

the humans were just generally not great actors. the orcs looked fucking amazing for cgi. there should've been a lot more talk about how good they looked

People are retarded, that's why. A bunch of sheep that listen to whatever critics say without ever actually seeing the movie. The Jews rallied up Hollywood and bombed this flick before it ever came out.

If you actually watch it, it's as good (actually much better) than any capeshit. You have to see it in 3D in the theater for it to really be at it's best. I'd rate it like and 8 or 9 out of 10. Better than any capeshit recently. I'm not memeing at all. If you're just going on other peoples opinions, stop it, go see the movie and stop being retarded sheep. Give it a chance, see it in 3D, you'll have fun. It's a really fun little flick. It's not some arthouse shit but it's a good time and totally worth the watch.

dub dubs confirm.

i liked it, i didn't analyze it deeply like kinoteque, but from having grown up playing wc 1,2,3 and wow, i liked it a lot

>character interactions felt too modern

true, the interactions with royalty felt weird, not formal at all. So yeah, felt a bit like cosplay.

Whereas the orc scenes, adhered to social hierarchy to a much larger degree.

Exactly what I mean...

I think it'd be a fun movie for anyone who likes action but for us WCI, II, and III fans (and WoW, of course) it's flat out amazing. Me and the wife played WoW for about 8 years. I played all the early strategy games. It stuck great to the story. Had some editing issues but so do a lot of action flicks.

It's a fun movie that isn't at all deserving of the shit it's getting. Notice it's like 22% or something on Rotten Tomatoes but on anything fans (not critics paid off to crash this plane) voted on it's usually like an 8.5 out of 10. That's fair.

It's not the best movie ever but the hate it's getting is fucking ridiculous. It's way better than that last Avengers shit and WAY better than any video game adaptations. It better get a sequel. It's solid. It's just a fun action/fantasy flick, nothing wrong with that. A damn good one at that. People are seriously retarded. They hear bad reviews and decide they don't need to form their own opinion. Either that or they watch some low quality torrent of a movie that's CLEARLY meant for a 3D theater experience.

One more note for those who are on the fence about watching it, it has (IMO) the best 3D we've seen so far. The whole movie is just in your face, you might as well be there with the characters. It looks fantastic. Best looking 3D movie ever... yet critics are just slamming it because it's not Oscar material. Not sure what they expected... it's a fucking action movie with Orcs and magic in it. A goddamn god-tier fantasy movie.

Human scenes were definitely the worst of the bunch. Gul'Dan looked fucking sick though

get off this board

>liked a movie
>GET OFF THIS BOARD REEEEEE

pic related, it's you

more the fact that you ignored all principles of cinematography just to appreciate the movie, fuck me, to say its GOOD?!

>Korean food and dress

What?

i could've understood if you had legitimate points, but your argument is literally "if you ignore the terrible acting, messy plot, terrible dialogue, atrocious plot devices and CGI that wasnt nearly what they promised, its a good movie"

so youre saying if you ignore everything bad about a movie its actually good?

fuck you that is actually me and i did like it

can you give examples of what you mean? I agree with the acting, but I didn't think the cinematography was bad. Story wasn't too bad, for their constraints, they were able to tell a complete story with room for a sequel.

Nigger, whatever. At least they looked like Warcraft elves, including the ridiculous ears and glowing eyes. Did you see the other guy? You could tell something was up with him dealing with their magic addiction. The film at least looked like Warcraft and stayed very true to the visuals. Anyone can come along and do whatever they want. The groundwork is perfect.

This movie came, like, 6-7 years too late. Nobody cares about WoW now, but it would be a huge success during TBC/WotLK days.

Also why did they choose to use the story from the first Warcraft instead of something which is familiar to more people? Only hardcore nerds played first game, they should use some story from WoW or one of it's expansions to draw more people. Also no fucking orcs, nobody likes green niggers.

Lich King story would be much better than muh poor orcs raping azeroth because their planet blew up. Blame Metzen I guess.

hit-pieces that broke NDA

also it wasnt that bad, it was like a 6-7/10

Needed to be a worldwide release at the same time

A high quality Chinese rip came out before it released in USA
Don't be surprised that PC gamers know how to pirate shit

>hardcore nerds
spotted the kiddie born post 1994

Yeah they should have started with Warcraft 3

LOTR adaptions didn't need the Hobbit

I played Command and Conquer and X-com instead of Warcraft, which didn't appeal to me that much at that time.

But you can't deny that at that time only hardcore nerds played video games like Warcraft, general audience had no idea something like that existed. Which changed during the WoW peak days, everyone knew about it.

Why did tv liked the BBC Awakens, a movie filled with shit actors and a generic plot, but hate this movie? There weren't too much niggers for your cuck tastes?

Thats slav temple

Ive always thought nelfs were based a lot on muslims with all those crescends, belly-dancing looking outfits and shit

You're thinking of Arabs

It is a video game adaptation, they never make much money. Warcraft is in fact the most succesfull vid game adaptation to date despite losing money. They just miscalculated the size of the fanbase.

>crescends
It was actually originally a byzantine/byzantium symbol and didn't get used by muslim until the turks came around.
However, it was still present in mesopotamia pre-islam in accordance to different semitic mooncults.

>arabs
Are they not muslims?

>asian elf in the movie for literally 1 fucking second
>ITS DESTROYING EVERYTHING MOM, JESUS I HATE FEMINISM1!!!!!!!!!!!

back to the containment board kiddo, dont make me say it twice.

muslims are followers of islam, arabs are people of a specific culture

jesus Sup Forums needs to grow a brain

I for one am glad this shitty movie failed

if the movie had made any money at all they would have commissioned 5 sequels
the industrie is so desperate right now

The shit actors in Force Awakens did a decent enough job and the generic plot is the reason of its success.

The shit actors in Warcraft did a shit job and the plot is so specific and referential (aimed at WoW players) that it fails to be a movie first.

No protagonist, no setup, no juxtaposition, no plot progression, no reason to care about any of the characters, no explanations for anything, incoherent editing, no sense of direction and scale (TFA had this too), no sense of threat, no emotional investment, etc.

The games were fun, but tbqh the character design is dated and cheesy, and the lore was always mediocre. There's no reason for people who didn't play Warcraft to watch it, and barely a reason for those who did

>attempt to watch movie
>that horrible looking human everything

What the fuck? The actors are bad and the sets look like a joke

I thought I was on Sup Forums for a second, not even because this thread is warcraft, but the blatant marketeering happening in here right now.

Maybe the movie was to serious, the games had always a little campy feeling to them.

The movie should've been Medivh and Gul'dan secretly coordinating the opening of the first portal. Show both worlds separately for the first two acts, introduce the characters, the places, the concepts, history and lore, then make the opening of the portal and the invasion the third act.

This movie felt like being dropped in halfway through Return of the King.

>why did it do so badly?

Feminists.

Women do not want to see strongk men in movies.

That's the only reason this movie is failing... nothing to do with the fact that it's crap.

:ghostbusterslogic:

go kill yourself

if anything feminists should like it because stronk womyn who dont need no man

also played by a black actress

So then why did sjw wars tank there?

*tips sand covered rags*

It's just a shitty explanation that doesn't make sense, I personally don't care that he's Asian, he's in the movie for like a second and I didn't even spot him.

>mulattos
>black
lel

>he goes to movies to get emotionally invested

Movies exist to push your agenda down people's throats. It's not there for you to get emotionally invested. Are you a fucking faggot or what?

I bet you actually cry or get scared in the theatres too. Retard. Go back to school.

>400 millions
>failed
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

FUCK YES

I hope China buys out hollywood too, can't wait to see the tears of time

Buddy just because MCU movies break a billion without a sweat that doesn't mean that every new franchise has to do the same to be considered successful.

You guys are dumb, i didnt play any warcraft game besides wow.

And the plot was easy to follow, i dont get why u americans are too dumb to follow a simple story line.

I had no knowledge of any character but i followed the storyline Easy!

The story, and I know it has been in existence for many years cause of the games, is very VERY simple. It doesn't hold up well in this day and age cause a lot of tropes have been used too many times. The characters were rather bland.

It only did horrible in countries with people with poor judgement

America is about to elect trump. Forget the stupid shit he said, the guy who absolutely knows NOTHING at all

And it also bombed in the land of the cucks. Well what the fuck did you expect from a country who just voted out of Europe. Dumb cucks.

Warcraft does well in good stable countries, not in meme countries like the USA.

If you're American, you should be ashamed, not because you didn't watch Warcraft, but because you think kiddy crap like finding nemo was any good.

I wished germany gassed all the american jews in ww2. Hitler tried but failed and we are now paying the consequences.

most of it's gross was overseas, meaning it'll see a small percentage of net profit

>b-but legendary
legendary is owned by wanda, but that doesn't make it chinese. the same way columbia-tristar is still an american film studio while being owned by the japanese sony. so the distribution profits are still around 25% of the chinese gross.

warcraft flopped.

Americans are so fucking trained by msm that they wont see a movie without "checking its ratings".