WHAT SONG IS THIS?!?

So I've had this one part of a song stuck in my head for weeks now, it's literally driving me insane so I decided to transcribe it as well as i could and feed it to Sup Forums since you guys are usually good at stuff like this

The notes are right but the format is definitely wrong, I didn't indicate the key with flats the proper way because I would most likely fuck it up if I tried. I wrote it in C minor but it could be in any key if thats helpful to anyone

I keep thinking it's a radiohead song, i feel like it has a sad, dreary kind of mood to it but like i said im not sure. pls help me settle this so i can finally be at peace and transcend this meaningless cycle of death and suffering k thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JTR2yZokEBU&t=591s
vocaroo.com/i/s15P0sPtCEhy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump for self

Sup Forums can't read sheet music user, we're all kids who talk about pop, there's like 4 academic minds total here

good point

Instrumentation?

>Implying the tards on 4chans music-board can actually read music

Just vocaroo the melody lad.

>there's like 4 academic minds total here
Lol.

OP, can you provide anymore surrounding details (instrumentation for example)? As far as excerpts go, this is pretty bare bones. It sounds v e r y v a g u e l y familiar, but there isn't enough of it to really say what it is.

Also fwiw you've notated it in G minor (2 flats.)

>2 flats
Ab, Bb, Eb

I read through it but definitely doesn't sound like Radiohead. We need more info.

The Ab in measure 2 is just a diminished supertonic interval in a descending minor scale. It wouldn't be part of the key.

OP here, and i believe it's vocal melody. Like i said i keep hearing thom yorke sing it in my head. it's got a very spacey, atmospheric vibe. other than that i can't say
i don't know what that is but i'll give it a try

also it's definitely in C minor, i didnt correctly indicate what key its in using the flats, so thats probably why youre confused. there are 3 flats in the scale in all

>diminished supertonic interval in a descending minor scale
When does that even happen in a context that isn't a Neopolitan chord? Other than the phrygian mode ofc.

GUY NOW THAT I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION I NEED HELP TO ID THIS SONG.

All I have to go on is this clip.
youtube.com/watch?v=JTR2yZokEBU&t=591s

Sounds good but impossible to track down

Fuck off.

OP here, here's a recording of the melody

That was not nice and not called for. Apologise.

Eastern musical scales.

no
dont hijack threads u ass

fair enough

this sounds familiar to me too

yeah it's probably a well known song, considering that most of the music I listen to has somewhat of a reputation

Could be perhaps Morning Bell

Also pitchy electronic/trip-hop type music. Or strange 70s or later era avant garde stuff like Leonard Cohen or Scott Walker. It could very easily be from a Radiohead song, but there just isn't enough in this excerpt to pin it down.

nope i know that one backwards and forwards, although you're on the right track in terms of overall mood

the Kid A version or the Amnesiac version

it's a vocal melody, probably in a higher register, and i doubt that it's elecronic or avant-garde, think more along the lines of Morning Bell

Kid A

>i doubt that it's elecronic or avant-garde
So do I, since I'd think that fact would've already jogged your memory. Which is why I suspect you're actually remembering it wrong in some fundamental way (could it be in a different time signature?) whatever it is.

Here's the melody again so it doesnt get lost in the thread

definitely 4/4, definitely melancholy, it's very vivid in my mind but the rest of the song is a blur

I think it's hopeless. I combed through a shit ton of Radiohead songs but couldn't find anything like it.
The closest I could find was Last Flowers but there are hardly similarities. It's probably a different artist.

This is sort of a strech but is it Valentine's Day by Bowie?