I adopted a puppy today and am picking him up on Friday. What are some cool tricks to teach him?

I adopted a puppy today and am picking him up on Friday. What are some cool tricks to teach him?
Also name suggestions? He's a border collie mix.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.humanesociety.org/animals/dogs/tips/crate_training.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Name Barkley

teach him to attack trump supporters.

Honestly, he looks like a Samuel.

Wow his name at the adoption place was also Barclay. I do like the name though

teach him to pick up girls.

I like Samuel. It's a cute name.

named my dog godzilla.

easiest trick imo is roll over. cuz its one simple motion that you can force them to do with your hands until they get it.

He won't need any training to do that. Bitches love pups.

Thank you so much! Samuel is a kind name.

How would I go about training him to ring a bell when he wants to go out?

If it's a pup just teach the basics. Like sit, stay, come. And such. Keep your pupper happy.
He might need some kind of job to be happy since it's a working breed but each dog can have very different attitudes
Rolling for the name jack

L-lewd...

sit, stay, come, Name him Hugh Jackman

its hard to say from basics. if he isnt potty trained at all i hae no idea.

but if hes already trianed to go outside jsut wait til he scratches at the door. then when he does just physically make him ring the bell before letting him out. give him a treat when he does it too.

google it. i have some jingle bells at dog nose height by the door. It's not too hard

You can probably find a tutorial on you tube. I never had to do that because my dog would just boop us with his nose and lead us to the back door to let him out

Lol why? It's the Hillary supporters who are liable to burglarize and assault

for the lulz

border collies are very smart. teach him how to close doors, balance shit on his nose, etc. the basics won't cut it with a smart dog.

Thanks guys! I guess I'm just getting ahead of myself, am really excited. And wow it's a nice surprise that people are being so nice on Sup Forums

Scud

Will do! I heard that they'll tear your house up if they get bored, so I definitely want to teach it lots of tricks. I really want to try to teach it to pick up clothes and put it in the hamper. Make him earn his keep.

b loves doggos almost as much as cates

>cate

Teaching him to close doors would be sweet. Just don't teach him to open them

His original name is fine op

teach him to wait, so he doesnt just slam his head into food when you go to feed him.

i wish my cat would learn this

just take the food away from them when they do that, if they attack you when you try do that then they are a huge asshole.

Another thing is my friend swears by crate training, but that seems so mean to me. Is it really the way to go or can I train him without locking him up all the time?

Cats are an odd mix of being to smart and being retarded

It depends. We never did with with my dog.

I know right, my mothers cat loves sitting with people but if you wiggle your foot she freaks the fuck out and dives for cover

Cooper.

My border collie is a goddamn smart dog. Independently minded, but still goddamn smart. Sit, jump, bark, roll over, twist in a circle. You get that dog disciplined and learn how to train it, you can goddamn train that dog to do anything.

godspeed, user, you've got a smart dog. be loyal to it and it will show you what the fuck the definition of loyalty is in return.

When he gets older, teach him the "fetch me a beer" trick. My dad had a pure border collie that he had taught to do that. Pretty awesome, if you didnt mind essence of dog slobber on your beer

m.humanesociety.org/animals/dogs/tips/crate_training.html

It's your choice op

Aw thanks. It's good to hear from another collie owner. Copper is a very cute name. Would be good during the puppy days too, because I could call him pooper a lot.

Teach him to lick peanut butter out of your shitter hole. Name suggestion - cujo

Unfortunately, shelters tend to neuter all the dogs before they let anyone adopt them :(