Unorthodox lessons you learned in your life

Unorthodox lessons you learned in your life.

>The truth doesn´t have an inherent value: if you screw up and then tell the truth, people don´t really take in consideration that you had the moral fiber to speak out
>Random, good things do happen once in a while
>True love is a very different thing from the "love" books, songs and films portray; it´s a passive feeling, not an active feeling. It resembles much more a very deep friendship than a really hot and steamy connection with someone
>Most friendships have an expiration date, and that is natural because you are changing every day, and these friend´s personality no longer fit yours. It isn´t a sad thing, and you can always have a throwback day with them every once in a while
>When it comes to attraction or flirting, most people will start to be in sync with you if you start first; people tend to develop an attraction for another person if they know the other person also has an attraction
>In the end, a doubt is a much heavier burden than a failure

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EXNnJTQoBw4&index=4&list=PLmxCPQtCuu5vEcGCQ8Y86TaFum56lc9Bw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Some good shit right here user

Bumping with a great song

youtube.com/watch?v=EXNnJTQoBw4&index=4&list=PLmxCPQtCuu5vEcGCQ8Y86TaFum56lc9Bw

It's better to regret doing something than to regret not doing something.

> All niggers must hang

This

H E R O I N
E
R
O
I
N

Nice, I agree with these. Well done user.

> Everyone is basically winging it. Few people genuinely know what they are doing, but pretending that you do is the cornerstone of civilisation

>Every person should see a proper psychologist at least once in their life.

>You only master something if you have done it for 10000 hours. This applies to pretty much everything.

>Everything wrong with you can be fixed. Anger problems, anxiety, phobias, etc.

>Categorizing shit is inevitably pointless If you feel differently see next life lesson...

>It is what you make it. Applies to literally everything. You just need to choose.

bumb. I'm not done here.

ITT: we all reveal our psychopathic tendencies

as long as you learn from them :D

k.

It´s always great to receive some hard earned lessons from people on Sup Forums. Anonymous status makes everyone really honest

10000 hours of deliberate practice, not 10000 hours of cementing bad habits.

damn fam... this is the true true, dear diary today OP was not very much a faggot...

may sound stupid, but, everything i do, i first 'check' it through the eyes of me dying. If it puts smile on his face, than it's cool

#4 carries an inherent expiration date; after about 25 your personality is more-or-less set in stone, supposing nothing absolutely life-changing happens to you afterward.

At least half of what you believe about yourself is falsified by your actions; act in accordance with who you wish to be in every choice.

>the first step in loving someone isn't loving yourself. It's learning to love someone despite any weaknesses they have you could choose to single out, but don't because of how you feel
>don't date or marry someone if you wouldn't clean up their piss, puke, blood.

>drink often, smoke if you want, just don't do it alone

You don't live in a world of reality, but a world of perception. Dust of shallow fellings and start making your own reality

>>the first step in loving someone isn't loving yourself. It's learning to love someone despite any weaknesses they have you could choose to single out, but don't because of how you feel
>>don't date or marry someone if you wouldn't clean up their piss, puke, blood.

This is good stuff. Loving somebody is hard work sometimes.

Also

>don't be afraid of giving speeches and presentations. For 5 whole minutes (or longer) people are forced to listen to you. Say what you want

Here's a couple I've said before on here:

>Time is your most valuable commodity
>Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you time to work on it at your pace

Not going to keep going because I'm feeling nihilistic today, and don't want to be a downer.

Never admit to something until they have solid evidence that you did it.

that one fucked me up good
thx for that user sometimes your smart

This is some grade A wisdom and I'm not even trying to suck your dick online.

You can slack off and play videogames throughout your teens and twenties and use a fake reference to get a job in your 30's as long as you have some social skills and a rough knowledge of the field you want to work in.

Forum Romanum level of knowledge here.

>the first step in loving someone isn't loving yourself. It's learning to love someone despite any weaknesses they have you could choose to single out, but don't because of how you feel

But user, isn't this most easily learned through oneself?

Also OP legitimately taught me what love is today in a way that I can understand it. I did not expect to learn this lesson on Sup Forums.

>Failure is virtuous, so long as it is used as a stepping stone rather than an ending point

>In the end, a doubt is a much heavier burden than a failure

Damn user, thank you!
> We all say the things we say because of the things we know.

Not OP but glad I could help somebody.

My thought always was you don't love anyone other than yourself. But I soon came to realize in my 20s that I actually hated myself. It's not.something you figure out yourself it's something you deal with yourself. You can hate yourself but love the person you're with

>Humans can accomplish any goal they want, so long as they go to any lengths to achieve said goal. most people are too willing to accept defeat.

Not him, but I learned that lesson on my own over the course of a year, and I wish everyone else does as soon as possible, too.

>don't be afraid to tell someone you love them even if you think it's too soon. You might not get the chance

Nothing is forced upon you. You only have to accept what you choose. We all make our own destiny, not in that we choose what happens every second of every day, but in that we choose how we react to those things.
Momentum is easier to maintain than kick-start, movement is life, keep moving.

It feels great to just give in to a powerful man and let him fuck you

That is deep, as well as true, man.
You, you are full of shit, man.
At 25 years of age your personality is not set in stone. Your personality is ever changing with your surroundings. If you surround yourself with people who treat others badly, you will become an asshole just like those you chose to surround yourself with. Likewise if you work a job, or change jobs and have co-workers and bosses who poke you with a chair and beat you with a whip because they think it is motivational I guarantee your tolerance for that type of bullshit will be non existent over a period of time. What about the person who has gone through a bitter divorce and has changed. I guarantee you nothing in your pathetic life will be the same in one year, including your personality.

The age might be slightly higher, but I think his point was that your personality won't fluctuate at such an intensity after a certain point. Sure, people can change, but not at the same rate that they do when they're younger generally. Although it seems like most of the things you've pointed out would be something of extreme life events which he already mentioned.

>peace of mind is knowing when to try, when to give up, and when to do both

>If you go out and do it, you will reap the benefits, even if its only a lesson learned

>It literally could always be worse

>the people who are meanest to you, are the people who are most jealous of your happiness

>Manipulation is just a fact of life, Might as well enjoy its benefits