do you regret studying a language?

Other urls found in this thread:

duolingo.com/english
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, because the effort I've put into it is regret defined

>No, because the effort I've put into it is regret defined

i dont understand this sentence

No, why would I be?

I regret studying Swedish, because it is useless. But I wasn't given a choice in the matter.

no, I would love to learn another one, but I don't find the will to go outside and study

>spend hours learning a language
>realize that, despite my efforts at teaching myself the language, I'll never be able to reach a highly advanced (required to read high litterature, for example) level unless I actually move to a place where they speak the language or at the very least speak with native speakers
>realize that, even if I learn another language, I'm still the same friendless beta loser
>realize that, even if I learn another language, I'm still a forever alone khv
>realize that I'm just as autistic in a foreign language as I am in my native language
Yes, I regret it very much.

Not at all.
English enable me to talk with you anons

You asked whether I regret STUDYING a language, and I reply with:
>No, because the effort I've put into it is regret defined
I really can't regret studying a language when I didn't even put any effort into it

If you consider playing games as studying a language, then no.

I regret learning French because now I'll have to learn Arabic if I want to visit France.

Yes, I took 3 years of Spanish in high school for the required foreign language credits. Ugly, dirty language with no use in the first world.

Why would I? I picked the right languages to study. The only thing I regret is not having done as much as I could so far, but I can change... r-right

>is regret defined
i regret to tell you that i don't understand this
do you know what define means?

Yes, studying English in school for 12 years was a waste of time. I learned everything I needed to know just by reading books. Who cares what a gerund is? I know how to communicate just fine.

>I didn't even put any effort into it
clearly

Yes, having to study swedish was a waste of fucking time. Thanks constitution!

>"It is X defined/personified"
Have you ever heard of this phrase, for fuck sake?

Well at least it is an actual foreign language.
Be norwegian, study two of your own written languages lmao. It is a back up plan in case you get senile and forget one of them you will still remember the other one.

no, because there is no such "phrase".
i have no idea what you mean. must be a poor translation from your lang.

>Tfw studying German.
>Tfw due to my Nationalism I wouldn't emigrate to Germany, don't want to be a fucking hypocrite.
>Tfw learning the language to be able to read its literature.
>Tfw it will take a fucking decade or more for me to get good enough to comprehend well Schopenhauer, Nietzsche, etc. in German of course.
>Tfw no one cares.

No.

Took four years of Japanese in highschool (always shat on the weebs too :)

Was a great time, learned all hirigana//katakana, like 60 some kanji. Visited japan my junior year. Was absolutely wonderful.

Haven't studied in college, but now I am taking arabic classes and enjoy it a ton. Visiting Morocco this summer so Modern Standard Arabic won't help when they speak a dialect of french, berber and arabic but it's something. basic stuff.

plan on using it in the military after school.

>yank imbeciles can't understand a simple past participle

im not either of those anons but no one says is regret defined, its awkward phrasing in english

Son, go here duolingo.com/english
start with level 1 and stop embarrassing yourself.

Latin is useless, but I had no choice

Korean was useles when I found out all the luxury shopping mall staff speak English.

What are you using to learn it?

And no, it's not fucking useless.

i know this feel

Sup Forums constantly make me regret ever learning english

I regret being born.

why would you?

What the fuck are you on m9?

No, but I regret not keeping up with it. I haven't practiced Italian in a couple years and I've forgotten a lot. Feels bad man.

>non-germanic languages

>not fucking useless.
yes, it is

I regret studying mandarin, literally cancer lang

Yes, I wouldn't be here otherwise, besides, the English language is genuinely retarded and I hate it.

Yeah, I started studying Japanese before I was in middleschool through Rosseta stone but everytime I made progress, that shit shut down anf my dad didn't fix it until months later and I had to start over. So I busted my ass to do a college Japanese program, and then they didn't have anything in the second quater available. I spent 6+ years trying to learn a damn asian language and didn't get anything. Meanwhile my weeb friend with a photographic memory is now practically fluent for watching at least four anime series in a month. Fucking bastards.

I learned German for a long, long time, but Germans always say I'm a stupid foreigner who can't speak German

watching an hour or two of tv in a foreign language is the best way to learn. No need for photographic memory memes

If you think it's so useless why did you start studying it in the first place?

FUCK YOU TAKIHIRO, ALL I WANTED WAS TO JOIN YOUR BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY
YOU CHOSE WEEBS OVER HARD WORKING SANE PEOPLE
FUCK
Y
O
U

need memory for kanji

+1

>tfw you live in such a diverse city you can find people to practice with for literally every language

french is lit though

no it's really satisfying being able to speak any bit of another language. people overthink it way too much.

Like ;((( I'll never use it!!! OMG I'll never LIVE where people speak it so I won't ever be fluent :(((((((.

like just learn a fuckin' language and keep your yapper shut

I regret the time I spent not learning a language

not the guy you are responding to, but i had to learn latin in school.
Also, all other classes were in italian except for portuguese and english.

This. I only know 3 and it's pissing me off.
I need MOAR

Never really studied one outside of school, and I'm bilingual and fluent in both languages. Yes I am a chicano.

Of course not.

I know a girl who claims to speak 3 languages, but I've only heard her speak English. How do you know who is bullshitting and who is real?

This. Unfortunately it's difficult to get motivation.

No, because we are forced to learn Swedish so I can't say I regret it because it was not volunteered.
Still useless lessons, would have rather had more math, history or anything else really.

If i didn't have learnt english i would have never become able to shitpost my friendo

If you don't learn Swedish, you'll never be able to visit the Fennoswedes in Vaasa and the countryside around the town.

Uhh how the fuck else, you need for her to somehow utilize said languages and then you need an authority on those languages to confirm or deny her fluency. Not worth the trouble, and if she is a bullshitter than she'll continue making more lies anyway.

Yes french, I wish I had learned Russian instead

>tfw you could actually choose between the two and I fell for le hot french gf meme

>being retarded in the year of our lord 2017

>I have been born and raised in an environment where Spanish is fluently spoken on a regular, day-by-day basis by the majority of people
>can barely speak conversational Spanish

Read more.
Natives who don't read can't read "high litterature", for example. The difference between those with average language proficiency and those with high language proficiency, native or not, is the difference between how well read people are.

No, I even think about learning third language

I regret taking ancient greek lessons in school instead of French

You might mean "epitomised", user, or "the epitome of [x]". Many natives also misuse the phrase "[x] is the definition of [y]", which you appear to have mixed up a little.

You don't

t. learned C1 French

Yes.

Japanese.

My girlfriend is cute but she is dumb as a rock. She doesn't know how to do anything except be a woman. She is 24 years old and still likes Disney movies. She wants to think I'm like a prince to her. I got her pregnant a few months ago and all she talks about is dumb woman shit about having a family together.

I think I'm just going to leave the country without telling her. I hate women at this point. They're all like her. Don't ever fall for the Japanese gf meme

Sounds like you used terrible methods, user. You may have spent 6+ years trying to learn but I can assure you that in that time you didn't spent 6,000 plus hours consuming comprehensive content.
How many hundreds of volumes of raw manga, light novels, books, visual novels, etc. did you read during that time frame?

Yes I do, it wasn't useful at all.

>I got her pregnant
You fucking fool.

That dosn't sound so bad

hindsight is 20/20
we were having lots of unprotected sex though. She said she preferred it

It's really bad. That's not the kind of woman you start a family with. Successful families depend on discipline as much as they do romance. just because somebody is in love with you doesn't mean they'd make a good spouse

Just as useful as is french.

there are no regrets with starting with the greeks

I regret learning the little ndebele I know since I'll never need it again
I don't regret learning the little afrikaans I know since it means I can kinda understand dutch

I don't understand, you are saying that she lacks discipline?In what sense?

bastardo

>we were having lots of unprotected sex though. She said she preferred it
Hot