Who was right, the stormcloaks or imperials?

Who was right, the stormcloaks or imperials?
>inb4 ulfric=trump

Other urls found in this thread:

uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Ulfric_Stormcloak#The_Markarth_Incident
youtube.com/watch?v=9lyKxKn_WsE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Imperials

milk drinker

Only a united empire has a chance at defeating the aldmeri dominion

Why do you need an empire when you can shout them out of your lands?

This is kinda true but the Nords are only at full strength unrestrained.

>literally push the natives out of their land
>persecute them
>forbid their religion
>'united'

+ what's the use for the nords to join the empire when the redguards at Hammerfell are independant and doing just fine

ulftic=trump

>Literally what the nords did to the snow elves and the Breach people

Fuck the imperials should have stayed in cyridiil, the stormcloaks rightfully own skyrim.
Plus those fucking snakes needed to join up with the thalmor who are giant fucking cunts, thinking they own the whole goddam planet.

Soon my Kahjiit brothers and sisters will rightfully take over the entire continent, except for black marsh... Cause cats and water... ya know?

>hurr durr we are free nords freedom to skyrim from imperia
>oh s-sorry mister Aldmer p-please could you not genocide us thanks please

You mean like the Nords did when they came down from Atmora?

Imperials

Thalmor are aiding Ulfric and the Stormcloaks. That's alI need to know.

maybe we should make facebook acounts with the name imperial guard and raid shitty pages

Imperial Legion is master race. The Stormcloaks are a bunch of snow niggers.

The nords were done wrong that's evident but the stormcloak rebellion is inadvertently aiding the dominion. If they were to unite with the empire along with a redguard alliance they could crush the dominion.

"Hey guys, we don't have a problem with you, just let us believe what we believe and we're cool"
"TALOS IS NOT A GOD IF YOU WORSHIP HIM YOU GONE DIE"
Imperials are totally right....right?

The Empire.
>"Because the Dominion is a sleeping beast that Skyrim cannot slay alone. Because many Nords are part of the Imperial army even now. Because the food and resources we get from the Empire are important to our people. Because even if we can't openly worship him, Talos the god was once Tiber Septim the man, and this is his Empire. And I'm not ready to let it fall apart."

TBH are Nord's the Niggers of Skyrim? I mean stormcloaks policy is reminiscent of black people today. " We've been persecuted we need to fight back, muh Talos, muh heritage" while any nord that doesn't agree is basically an uncle tom. Basically stormcloaks are BLM for nords, no?

I could be mistaken but the Thalmor is the government of the dominion, and during the rebellion the Thalmor and imperials where teamed up against the Stormcloaks. If I'm correct then your comment doesn't make any sense or its just wrong.
I may be wrong though, lore check anyone?

>implying the empire actually enforces the ban on Talos wprship
Of course they let the Thalmor run around doing it. And some people would argue that's the same thing.
But do you think anyone in Cyrodiil is happy with the situation either?
The White-Gold Concordat wasn't a peace treaty, it was an armistice for 30 years. Both the Aldmeri Dominion and the Empire are just gearing up for The Great War 2: Electric Boogaloo. Titus II obviously thought the Talos thing was worth buying time to build up his strength for the next war, but he obviously didn't consider the possibility of a rebellion in Skyrim.
Neither the Empire nor Skyrim can hope to beat the Dominion by themselves. They need to stick together, if only to put manners on the elves.

I'm usually pro storm cloaks in game, but looking at it through an outside view the empire must maintain
Gotta beat those elf chinks, and neither the nords or empire can do it alone

Dominion and Empire are aligned but the Dominion want to overthrow empire. Civil war weakens empire and makes it easier to destroy empire.

Any good quests with sick rewards from skyrim anyone want to recommend? I'm gonna go play right now and I haven't logged too many hours yet.

>the Thalmor is the government of the dominion
Correct. They're also basically the secret police.
>during the rebellion the Thalmor and imperials where teamed up against the Stormcloaks
Incorrect. The Thalmor are neutral in the civil war. They don't want either side to win, they want the war to go on as long as possible in order to cripple the Empire. You learn all this by reading documents you can find in the Thalmor Embassy.

They used it as a metaphor for their series. Either old school elder scrolls or this new version. Both are correct but it was up to the played to decide. You couldnt kill the commanders because they showed that Bethesda was going to keep both game play styles for their games.

True true, I can't argue that.

Do the companions questline. They're in Whiterun so you can start really early and you get some dank gear and powers from it.

Makes perfect sense

Empire.

Empire, no doubt.

The Stormcloaks needed to reclaim rule, simply stating that "we need all the land we can get to win" isn't an excuse for the murder and persecution of an entire race.

Let's see, do I pick the unwashed mead swilling toothless barbarians led by a hypocritical racist thalmor puppet, or the army of professional soldiers led by NOTJulius Ceaser restoring lawful rule to a rebellious province?

Hmm...

Why doesn't the Empire just fucking stop being dicks to the Nords and find a way to appease them to end the Civil war? Its clear the Nords will fight to death for what they believe, as is tradition, so why the fuck doesn't the Empire put it upon themselves to appease? They are the ones who know another war is coming..

None were right, the only one(s) who had it right were the daedric gods

Giving your land to the filthy altmer and bending over to accept their cocks into your ass is NOT how you bring peace

The high elves hate humans they will kill every human race they find. The gods sent the dragonborn to help the stormcloaks rise against the thalmor. Just like Talos did so long ago and the lore says the elves will try to claim tamriel again and they won't stop until they've enslaved the entire continent.

If you help the empire you are not only giving the thalmor what they need to gain control, you are also helping kill the entire human races. The thalmor even say it themselves that the "peace" they've made with the empire will only last until they've gotten what they wanted. If you dont believe me play the thalmpr embassy quest in the main questline again and fucking pay attention to the dialogue you imperial cucks.

Where to find thalmor questline? Never knew the game went this deep

Empire. Not because I like them, but because it's necessary to defeat the Thalmor. I've yet to hear a stormcloak supporter explain how the stormcloaks alone are supposed to defeat an empire that fought the entire human race to a standstill.

Fighting for the empire is fighting for humanity.

Okay, the two of you need to debate, because you have the exact same motivations but totally different opinions.

Because lifting the ban on Talos worship will violate the terms of their peace treaty with the Dominion. And they're not ready for another war with the Dominion just yet.

As far as the Empire is concerned, it's easier to simply reconquer eastern Skyrim and kill Ulfric than win against the combined forces of Valenwood, Summerset Isle (and likely Elsweyr as well, seeing as it's currently split into two Thalmor puppet states).

Not really a quest, but go to the Halted Stream Camp, just north and a bit west of Whiterun, as soon as you can handle a few bandits. Get the Transmutation spell, and start turning your useless lumps of iron ore into shiny shiny gold. Much moneys to be had, especially if you looted that iron mine right near where you started.

Okay fair point, I'll give you that. But then the burden should be on the Empire to appease and join forces with the Nords NOT persecute them. The fact is that the Nords were wrong and clearly refuse to live on their homeland persecuted. Want to beat the Thalmor? join w/ the nords

Sure, why not?

I agree with the first half of this, but I disagree when you say the empire is helping the thalmor.

The stormcloaks are doing exactly what the thalmor wants them to. The thalmor DOESN'T want a decisive, quick empire victory. They want to weaken both sides, then come in after the empire looses/barely wins and conquer a divided humanity.

It's the main quest line
Fucking casual

But are your odds better by uniting skyrim and starting war with the Dominion or weakening the Empire through civil war THEN fighting the Dominion? Serious question

Why all the Skyrim threads recently?

kek

It was just re-released on PlebStation4

You don't need an army when you have a physics bending, dragon and bear spawning, cheese loving dragon born on your side.

The only rational decision for both Skyrim and the empire is to unite and immediately go full genocide on the high elves
There can be no coexistence with those yellow magic faggots

Yeah, except if the Imperials violate the white gold concordat the dominion will attack again before they're ready to fight back. You ever complete the civil war questline on the empire side? Tullius hints that the empire is mustering to attack the dominion.

To be honest, i don't see why it falls to the empire to appease the childish hypocritical nords, especially considering that the empire was actually LETTING them worship Talos as long as they did it on the down low, but ulfric decided that his own political power is more important than all of humanity, so rather than wait a decade or two and help the empire in driving back the dominion, he'd stab humanity in the back and rile up conflict with the empire so he could try to be king. Ulfric is the dominion's greatest ally, and he's either too stupid or too selfish to care.

The dragonborn alone can't beat the entire dominion. He'd have trouble against 10 justiciars in a fair fight, much less a thousand.

>rational
>calls for genocide
Pick one.

I see you've never had a good reason to do a bad thing.

You really expect a race of people to just sit back and get cucked for 3 decades in fear of a force they have no real knowledge of?

Honestly, looks to me like the dominion cucked the Empire into a lose lose with that treaty. FUcking elves

This nord speak the truth.
United we stand, divided we fall.

The Imperials you retard. How the hell are a bunch of angsty teenagers and Legion veteran dying of Corprus going to take on the Dominion.
And don't say shit about Hammerfell because they sure as hell didn't kick the Dominion's ass or anything, the peace treaty favored the Thalmor, just like the White-Gold Concordat.

Besides, if Skyrim leaves the Empire then High Rock is going to follow. The Empire is fucked and everyone knows it, might as well just restart on the next kalpa.

bbbbut ulfric = trump and the dominion = russia

cant you seee!!!!

>Ulfric is the dominion's greatest ally, and he's either too stupid or too selfish to care.
This. I'm sympathetic to the Nords, but seriously. The next great war with the Altmer is immanent. Help win the war first, then sort out who owns what. If the Nords rally to save humanity, a grateful Empire is going to be far more likely to give them what they want.

tgm

>playing the main storyline

No Nocturnal no care

Rationality flew out the window when some pointy eared inbred cock goblin learned to heat his spaghetti with magic

>You really expect a race of people to just sit back and get cucked for 3 decades in fear of a force they have no real knowledge of?
So your argument is that the imperials are right but the nords are too stupid to realize it, so the Empire should just "appease" the nords by breaking the concordat and kicking off a war they can't win?

Brilliant.

It's a hard question to answer.
>uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Ulfric_Stormcloak#The_Markarth_Incident
You'll see that the Empire already had this dilemma and ultimately decided pissing off the Dominion wasn't worth it at the time. However, I don't think they realised they were going to start a civil war at the time.

Also remember that even if the Empire lifted the ban on Talos worship, the civil war in Skyrim probably wouldn't end immediately (one thing nobody has really mentioned yet ITT is how badly Ulfric wants to be king and the role his ego plays in all this), whereas war with with the Dominion would resume immediately.
Both the Empire and the Dominion have massive numbers of troops stationed on the border between Cyrodiil and Valenwood.

Storm Cloaks.

The stormcloaks. The empire is just another term for thalmor opression.

I Kek'd

You're full of shit, but I kek'd.

The quote is actually from Sybille Stentor (who is a Breton) but IMO she makes one of the best cases for siding with the Empire.

Empire, easily. I'd rather NOT suck elf dick, and that's what the storm cloaks will lead you to.

Have the Bretons ever done anything useful that affected Tamriel in anyway outside of High Rock?

no because a majority of the nords in skyrim still believe in talos, just secretly. the jarl of solitude who is with the empire has a quest to deliver her husbands horn to a shrine of talos after ulfric killed him. plus your analogy is aids, jump from your roof fag

The empire is Trump, the Mainstream think his evil but actualy he's a good boy. While ulfric=hillary the Mainstream thinks that she serves the people but in reality she serves only the (((high elves)))

Let's see, disciplined professional armies that will save me from the thalmor, or some hairy goatfuckers shouting "MUH FREEDOM" while unknowingly taking it hard from elves?... Hmm....

Read the Thalmor documents. They want the civil war to continue as long as possible, and if that cant happen they want a stormcloak victory.

They don't give a shit if they nords can go back to worshipping talos a few more years if it weakens the empire enough that they can steamroll them in great war 2. That's why they released Ulfric to cause havoc in the first place.

I'm pretty sure that once an Event is over the Hero just fucks off to go die in a hole somewhere (e.g Nerevarine running off to Akavir while Oblivion Crisis kills almost everyone in Vvardenfell).
So I'd guess the Dragonborn would just do the same, probably stuck in Apocrypha with Herma Mora or something.

Good point with them releasing Ulfric

Yup, that's exactly the kind of stupidity one would expect from a Trump supporter.

Nords conquered Tamriel before, they can do it again.

There is even some cut dialogue from the Helgen scene where Elenwen tries to stop Tullius from executing Ulfric.

>The gods sent the dragonborn to help the stormcloaks rise against the thalmor.

How do you explain the fact that I'm an Altmer dragonborn? Are we just meant to ignore that the dragonborn is not necessarily a nord?

>BUT MUH TALOS
>hasn't really read the lore
They had some godly help and a giant fucking dwarven mech suit last time. No dwemer here to boost you this time, barbarian. Why don't you go back to your little province and let the big boys in the legion handle this?

>Muh diversity

But what if the Dragonborn is CHIM?

youtube.com/watch?v=9lyKxKn_WsE

Prove me wrong faggot. By supporting the snownigers you support the thalmor, no matter if directly or not.

Neither one.

We know (from the lore) that the Aedra are full of shit, similar to the Almsivi Tribunal.
We also know (from Morrowind) that Talos is real.

The Stormcloaks are hypocritical shortsighted bigots, on the leash of the Dominion.

If the gods sent the Dragonborn for any reason, it was to save all life from Alduin. Not for some petty civil war.

If you're talking about Septim he had Nimidium as a killing machine that stomped everyone and created dragon breaks.
The last big Nordic empire destroyed itself in a civil war after their High King was killed. Sounds familiar?

Following bethesda's precident (unless there's another dragonbreak, which there almost certainly is), the "canon" dragonborn is the guy in the promotional materials.

>big boys
>imperials

Literally manlets.

Moreover, Odavhiing.

obviously the stormcloaks
freedom and honour at any cost
Better to die with honour than live as a slave.

Correct. Fuck Breivik Stormcloak and his quest for personal power. He clearly doesn't give a shit about the Nords because noone could be stupid enough to not see that this mess of a civil war does nothing but help the Thalmor.

They are not only going to wipe out the Empire, they want to completely remove all the human races.

And the Thalmor are the ones going apeshit about Talos worship anyway, the Empire kind of didn't give a fuck as long as it was kept clean and quiet by the Nords. The Empire just enforce the Talos ban to buy themself some time before the shit hits the fan with the Thalmor.

>Dark brotherhood

>one dragon will defeat the dominion
>town guards can defeat a dragon with fucking bows and arrows
>dominion has the best battlemages in tamriel
>A DRAGON WILL BEAT THEM BRO!
wat

I don't support the Nords. The Empire needs to be strong and whole. But the notion that Trump is anyone other than Ulfric is ludicrous.

The Dragonborn is a Nord male
The only reason you get to choose is because you're a special McDonald's cuck that has to have it their way

Underr8d post

C0DA MAKES IT CANON