Phobia thread

Phobia thread.

Guys, let us deal with eachother's phobias, as in someone states their phobia/s and people telling him/her why having that phobia is stupid or uncalled for.

I will start, I have a big fear of flight, to the point I skipped on three trips in 2016 because I did not want to board a flight.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cZpwTYjR4tQ
youtube.com/watch?v=C31IlOHNzbM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Heights

I wouldn't say it qualifies as a phobia but I definitely cannot fucking stand spiders. It doesn't matter how much I try to rationally justify the fact that they're insignificant little arthropods that pose basically zero thread, every instinct in my mind tells me their demon creatures that need to be exterminated. And yet I'm totally cool with snakes

you're a pussy who watches too many movies

Is there a phobia for old abandoned places that are raggedy and decrepit especially at nighttime

I have an irrational fear of having inane discussions. At first, I don't know it's happening, but then... it suddenly... dawns... on...

HOLY SHIT, HOLY SHIT, HOLY SH

I have a friend who has a fear of centipedes, it was so much to the point he passes out when seeing one. What his family did is make him sit down and view a lot of videos of centipedes. HE still fears them, though it is a lot less compared to how he used to.

Too many news* but yea, a pussy is what I am

Bring a friend that won't let you back out some one you trust and preferably respect also

I can't stand cotton balls its not so much a fear , I'm not afraid they will hurt me or anything. Its the sound they make and the feeling of them I punched a doctor last year because he was going to touch me with one

Lolwut

Kind of like the feeling you get from the screeching of a board?

Try and contain yourself and not have those convos?

I can't do it man. They make this squidgy noise that grates me so much. A lot of my shit is sound based actually. Loud chewing balloons TV static.

Maybe yeah. I do fine with that though. Makes no fucking sense

I absolutely cannot bear the thought of chewing on a dried sponge

Cannot help with that, but maybe it is psychological.

Females. I'm it sure if it's unjustified though, it always seems that they are screwing people over.

Or foam, oh god the chewing of foam.

Find a decent girl, and that should fix your problem.

Every fucking morning I wake up and I fear there's been a major terrorist attack while I was asleep. Probably since it's happened several times since I've been an adult.

pic unrelated

Arachnophobia

Don't be afraid. Just accept Allah as the one true god and you shall be spared.

The sound of fire alarms. I'm fine with fire, the alarms themselves, and different types of alarms, but I absolutely can't stand the sound of fire alarms.
I used to live in a house where a fire alarm was just outside of my bedroom door, and I would have to calm myself down before leaving my room for the fear of it going off while I was under it.
Alarms, especially fire alarms, have always been the center if the worst nightmares I've ever had. Even the one where I was shot and fell off a cliff was more pleasant.

kek

Thalassophobia

Literally just gave me goosebumps

There is no reason to be afraid of flight. It is statistically much safer than riding in a car. The only reason you are afraid is because every single plane crash anywhere in the world makes the news and you hear about it.

Meanwhile how many thousands of fatal car crashes were there worldwide? There are about 30,000 car fatalities every year in the USA alone. That's about 100 a day.

How many airliners crashed today. Fucking zero.

assphobia

Another one I have is driving under bridges, especially when there is traffic that stops the road, my anxiety spikes whenever that happens.

Scared of throwing up, I fear it soo much I can't even stand the thought of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=cZpwTYjR4tQ

Call me out all you want:

Death.

I can't think about death without getting anxious. Only way to come to terms with it is not thinking about it at all. Other people probably feel the same way.. I don't know.

Im afraid of not getting dubs

Did you have fire drills at your school?

If I was in the car with you I would bitch slap you so fucking hard if you started freaking out about stupid shit like that.

Of course. Those were fire bells though, which are completely fine for me.

>says the person who has no friends

I pondered the same thing, I realized that what caused t o me to fear it so much is my faith.

I am not religious, I am agnostic, but when I started feeling that way, religion and god were always an integral part of that fear, I thought what if I die and meet God, what would I do. So, when my fear spiked after my grandma passed, I decided to end it, and did so by finally deciding whether should I go back to religion, or completely convince myself that there is no God, so it took a while, and those fears, eventhough they are still there, they have calmed the fuck down.

I have plenty of friends. You have no idea what you are talking about.

And my friends aren't little bitches that would piss their pants because they don't understand how bridges and airplanes work.

Phobias are irrational fears dude, them being stupid is natural.

>I have plenty of friends
Hahahahahahahahahahah keep telling yourself that dude. You're 4 foot body pillow of Asuna doesn't constitute as a friend, sorry.

That shit never happens.

See
youtube.com/watch?v=C31IlOHNzbM

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

>Asuna
I have no fucking clue who or what that is. I'm assuming its some weeaboo anime bullshit. But you clearly do know who Asuna is.

That video is so fucking tough to watch

I'm afraid of going to the doctor.

Fucking bees

hahahahahahahahaha you can't even come with a decent comeback, how sad

I apologize for assuming you might understand basic concepts!

Phobiaphobia, I'm scared of being scared of something

And that scares me...

I was afraid of going to the dentist for some reason. Didn't go for 8 years. But I brushed and flossed regularly. My GF finally made me go because my gums were not in good shape.

I didn't have a single cavity, the dentist was impressed. But since I went so long without a professional tooth cleaning I had bacteria below my gumline which was causing my gums to recede.

Turns out there was no reason for me to avoid the dentist at all. They wouldn't have needed to drill my teeth at all. But now my gums aren't in very good shape.

Go to the doctor and get a checkup. You are only making it worse.

Depends, which type of doctors specifically?

BTW, if your fear is having them comment on how bad you treat yourself/health. Don't. Doctors have definitely seen worse cases, and trust me, they are happy to help you, not angry, and won't make comments, just suggestions on how to be better.

I have a GF, I have friends, and I don't know who he fuck Asuna is (and im glad).

Sure kid. You pwned me...

Same, I did not go for around 6 years, but unlike you, I did not keep it that clean, my toothache got to the point of not being able to sleep at nights. I finally went to a dentist last week, and I thought he was gonna make lots of remarks, or be angry with how bad my teeth were, but contrary to what I thought, he said nothing of those things, but rather just helped, and I admired that, got me not fearing dentists anymore, but rather looking forward to my next appointment.

Exposing my wrists. I can't bend my wrists so that the veins are exposed or I start to panic.

like this?

OMG SHE'S THE MAIN GIRL IN SOA (AKA SWORT ART ONLINE). How uncultured can you be that you don't even know that? Seriously, read a book fag. But enjoy your imaginary friends and girlfriend, I'm sure that ethereal blowjob you get every night is almost as good as a real one hahah

OH GOD LIKE THAT

Trying to prove yourself to a random Internet stranger

You do realise you're arguing with a complete stranger online right? What do you hope to gain from this friendo?

Mysef and my violent thoughts of murder and self harm. Never acted on any of en. But i have them constantly. Every day. Every second.

food phobia kek

That would make you anorexic.

P.S. do not watch sausage party, then.

Spoken like a true faggot, thanks for you contribution

Go to a psychologist, seriously, nothing wrong with that.

Have been when i was a teenager. They never helped me. The thoughts are become much more horrid and violent. I dont go out anymore and i dont hang out with anyone. I kinda miss spoking pot but i take out all this anger and hatred at the gym. Im just afraid i might lash out one day and end up doing something horrid that wouldnt be to my benefit.

Have become*
Stupid fucking phone mate

Try and find a support group, or other like minded individuals, and I'd say you went to bad psychologists. Go to one that wouldn't lash out meds like it is candy on Halloween.

Why would i need a support group though. Im not much into pity and feeling accepted for my "flaws". Im sorry but a support group sounds like such a cringey fucking idea. Just a bunch of faggots sitting around discussing about their rage issues. I do that on Sup Forums already

Support groups are useless, except for the fact that they make you feel like you are not the only person who has the same issues.

Thats a shitty phobia because it actually stops you doing stuff, whereas spiders or heights doesn't really change a whole lot.

I take lots of flights pretty regularly and i love it, i find it very very relaxing.

I hate it when people rub their really dry feet together.

Ah i see. I acknowledge though im not the only one. Yet i cant deny my thoughts. Meditation helps for a shortwhile. But the constant urge to self harm and fucking beat someone on the street until they are nothing but fucking blood and pulp is immense. Dunno how i handled it so well all these years. Yay me

I can relate. Centipedes are just way too much for me. I don't pass out but I do have a very strong reaction to them.

I have a phobia of people forgetting me. Every time it happens feels like someone ripped a major organ out. The realization that I will eventually be that gray background character that is only thought of again, but of course in passing, in the obituaries.

Yeah it's called Myapartmentcomplexophobia

Dude, seriously, I am sorry I have no idea how to help. But, even though you can control that urge now, you might end up losing control and taking it out on family, wife, or kids, and that is a no no.
Don't lose the fight, try and solve it, and fight on. Good luck to you, user, and I'll be praying to the based Gods for you.

Well flying is more safe than driving, statistically. But it wouldn't be an irrational fear if it were rational.

Tried to do the same thing my friend's family did?

Precisely, no matter how many videos I see about how stupid this phobia is, or how safe flights are, I still cannot get over it.

Become a living meme. If Ken Bone or Hugh Mungus can do it then you can too.

Are you fucking retarded, anyone would be spooked by that.

Thank you kind user. I think this condition has been brought forth by past events in my life. Hopefully ill come to peace with my emotions. Theres a girl in my life that calms my demons quite a lot so shes kinda like my therapy along with the gym. But like you said, the lashing out part is what im afraid of. Main reason i have cut contact with friends family and the sort. Thanks again.

It actually sounds like a really good idea. I have access to a giant auditorium after hours, i should project giant images of centipedes and see how I do

BE with her, and since she's "your medicine" no matter how cringy that sounds, try and keep her, it is good for you

If that's no sarcasm, then please do so and see how you do btw take someone who will force you to finish watching.

I will bro. Godspeed and good luck with your own endeavors.

Still. If you feel it's something you need to do, you should try some behavioral therapy. That shit works.

I would, but I cannot afford therapy, thanks to therapists here being expensive as hell, and I am stuck working a part time job and paying for my apartment, and the god damn fucking expensive college textbooks