Daily reminder that Trump didn't win the election, more people voted against him

Daily reminder that Trump didn't win the election, more people voted against him.

Sign the petition to make the electoral college vote for hillary.

Other urls found in this thread:

usgovinfo.about.com/od/thepoliticalsystem/a/Why-Keep-The-Electoral-College.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Daily reminder that without the electoral college, the states would get unequal representation and huge cities would rule our country based on population alone, therefore your point is retarded.

That's President Donald J Trump to you.

so the minority of the people should decide what is good for the majority?
sorry, i thought the USA had a proper democracy.

This...

Also, OP is literally being cucked as we speak.

No, he won the election. The system is outdated and has changed so many times throughout its history that it is basically useless and does not function at all like it did when the Founders drafted it, but in all fairness Trump indisputably won by the rules as they currently exist.

You thought wrong. The executive branch honestly SHOULD be elected by direct popular vote, but that's not the country we live in.

Democracy is a terrible system and people like you are a big reason why. In any case Hillary conceded, she's withdrawn from the election. The electors can't switch their hypothetical votes to someone no longer running.

without illegal immigrants, trump would have won both the electoral and popular vote

The electoral college just fucking saved us from world war 3.

If you studied economics, you'd see why democracy doesn't really do shit for the economy. Look up public choice theory.

Besides, politicians don't care about you or anyone they know. They care about special interest groups because they pay for politics and vote.

So close.

The states get unequal representation even WITH the electoral college. The vast majority of the candidate's efforts are overwhelmingly focused on ten states, and within those ten states, the overwhelming majority of the candidate's efforts are focused on major cities. The main problem with the Electoral College as it stands is the winner take all method used by most states. It stands to reason that the States themselves should play a role in electing the President, but it's ridiculous that so many votes should be actively ignored every election. If you're a Republican in California, you basically have no say whatsoever in who gets to be President. That's pretty fucking shitty. If you got rid of the winner take all rule, it would be beneficial to both parties.

Thats right.. The game that everybody knows ahead of time.. We know you are NEW to politics, user.. try not looking like an Autist while your at it..

^ this

What part of Republic don't you understand. USA is NOT a democracy!

Just disregard the ILLEGALS that voted and Trump won easily.

> i thought the USA had a proper democracy.
At most levels of Government it does. At the Executive level it does not, and it never has. Whether or not this is appropriate is debatable, I honestly think the electoral college needs to be adjusted, but even as a lifelong democrat, I can assure you that Trump technically won fair and square.

Nope.
These videos of liberals making a big fuss about Trump are the best.

It's a bipartisan authoritarian guised as a democratic republic.. I knew this when I was fucking 12 user

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just disregard the demons that voted and Jill Stein won easily.

See, other people can make shit up, too.

>has changed so many times throughout its history

When?

> USA is NOT a democracy!

Yes, it very much is. It is not a direct democracy with regard to the election of the Executive branch of the Federal Government, but "democracy" and "republic" are not mutually exclusive terms.

>If you got rid of the winner take all rule, it would be beneficial to both parties.

This. Nebraska and Maine are not "winner take all" and it would benefit the people of large-population states dominated by a large metro area if theirs did something similar.

You can't change the rules after the game to make the loser the winner. If the president won by popular vote, then the campaigning would be different, and people would vote differently. There is no reason to believe that Trump wouldn't have won if the we had a popular vote too.

>Trump>Hillary

Just disregard the vote and Trump won easily.

Deal with it. Citizens vote on whom their states should vote for. States vote on whom should be elected. The popular vote only matters on a per-state basis; on a national level, it's only useful as a predictor, and in this case it was a poor one. If you want direct democracy, move away.

OP sounds like a fag. and a total cry baby

When the Constitution was originally drafted, there were no political parties in America. The original plan was to have general public vote on electors, and the electors would choose the President. Over time, when the political parties formed, it was changed to current system wherein the parties elect a nominee, and then the public votes for one of said nominees. At the moment, the electors themselves are not chosen by the general public, and in most states are legally bound to honor the nominee chosen by the people. The winner take all method of selecting the president came even later. I'm not sure when off the top of my head, but it's a state by state thing so it likely didn't happen all at once.

Daily reminder that a petition won't do shit no matter what you think and also that the U.S in an election stance isn't a country but a federation of 50 states who cast their weight.

2016 is the fifth time in American history a Democrat has won the popular vote but the Republican won the White House. The reverse has never happened, and a little reflection on the population:elector ratios in large vs small states should make clear why. When your voter base is heavily concentrated in small areas you lose more of them to the winner-take-all system than if you isolate and spread them out.

It's mathematically possible to win the electoral college with less than 30% of the popular vote. The abolition of the electoral college would absolutely favor one party over another, and for that reason it will never happen.

People complaining about the electoral all need to be banned for being under age. Adults know the system going into an election.

>I don't care about the electoral college until my candidate doesn't win
wew, into the trash you go

> Adults know the system going into an election.

You can know and understand the system and still disagree with it.

Deal with it, OP.

Presidents are only for maximum 8 years, and in the US, they have very little actual power. Throwing a tantrum isn't going to change the election.

Smartest thing said in this entire thread.

Daily reminder, get over it, he won, Hillary lost, fucking pussy ass liberal tard with this idiot thread again.

Daily reminder that Hildawg conceded when she lost the first electoral count.

No dumbass, we don't have a democracy. in a democracy it's always majority rules, and the minority always get's fucked.

We have a Representative Republic. Go back to school you moron.

Rise up or shut up pussy

Someone really should have told Hillary's campaign about the Electoral College ahead of time, and that simply running up the score in California wouldn't be enough.

> The abolition of the electoral college would absolutely favor one party over another, and for that reason it will never happen.

That's all well and good, but is there any reason why someone in a rural area or a small state deserves more power than someone in a city or large state that does not have to do with your personal political beliefs? Not trying to be a dick, but in the dozens of times I've seen this brought up since the election, I've yet to hear a convincing reason why.

It's important that our democracy be representative, not direct, because we are 50 states, not one. It's important for each state to have its own rights, independent of its people, so that it can maintain a consistent attitude about its laws; this in turn so that if anyone can't consent to those laws, they have 49 other places to go. If people had a direct say in their government, all the states would f
gradually congeal into one cultural entity, and then anyone who disagrees with that culture would have nowhere to seek refuge.

She and Trump both spent almost no time campaigning in either of the two boogieman states that seem to trigger Sup Forumslacks so consistently.

Shut up liberal faggot. Go back to your transgender bathroom and post on tumblr about how triggered you are.

Not for nothing, but Trump is in favor of letting trannies use whichever restroom they feel like. Watch the 60 minutes interview.

Because why bother?

I'm simply making an observation, not an endorsement. My personal political beliefs don't matter. The current system is such that one party has a literally existential motivation to preserve it, and so it isn't going anywhere.

If you want a defense of that system you'll have to ask someone else. I think democracy and systems that incorporate elements of it are foolish. I'm making observations as an outsider who doesn't vote or otherwise participate in any way.

Good question, but you are the one asserting that she shouldn't have spent all he time campaigning there, which she factually did not.

How is fantasy land this time of year?

Daily reminder, 3 million illegals voted, as well as millions of the dead.

>majority works in trade/comfortable jobs
>minority works in other fields that you lazy millennials don't
>majority doesn't exist without minority working in smaller towns/farms
>hurr durr us teenagers should decide what we want!!!!1
Workers,farmers,miners...they voted for Trump.
People that actually work all day.
Do you think they have the time to shitpost on Sup Forums like you do?
Without them,your dumb-ass wouldn't have anything to eat or drink.

Ima eat dat ass mrs clinton

>It's important that our democracy be representative, not direct, because we are 50 states, not one.

That is fair, and it is the exact reason that we should not be utilizing a system that ignores vast swaths of the American people while simultaneously putting a ludicrous amount of power into the hands of nine or ten states. States that include goddamn motherfucking cunt licking FLORIDA.

Daily reminder, this is a steamy crock of shit that dribbled out of Alex Jones's cunthole.

And in 50 or 60 years they will largely be replaced by robots. Probably should have considered a different line of work.

The concern here was her crafting of policies and rhetoric that may play well in California, but hardly anywhere else. It had little to do with the candidates' travel schedules.

Because people who live in large cities are less human than people who live in rural areas.

A candidate's policies should be crafted based on integrity and experience, not what they think will play best on television. Anyone can spout out a bunch of lies that they think people want to hear in order to get elected. It's the whole reason the electoral college was designed in the first place.

>inb4 that's what we've been saying the whole time

I already pointed out in this post : that the modern EC bears little resemblance to the institution as it was originally designed.

Most Drumpkins don't have a college degree. Uneducated people shouldn't be able to vote

>Manual labor jobs will soon be automated

>increasing minimum wage won't lead to job loss through increase in automation

Jee Whiz guys liberals are smart

Fair enough. I stand corrected.

Because when less than 5% of the population is feeding the other 95% their opinion matters more.

Read nigger. usgovinfo.about.com/od/thepoliticalsystem/a/Why-Keep-The-Electoral-College.htm

>increasing minimum wage won't lead to job loss through increase in automation

Nice strawman, but that isn't actually a position I personally hold.

Uhh no. The voices of those who live in rurual areas would be completely ignored then. If you have people who live in a rurual area you think decisions should be completely dictated by those in bigger cities? People will vote for their best intrest, i live in the city, but if we decide to be a bunch of jag offs and make choices that fuck over less densely populated areas what would stop us?

shhh youre scaring them, this is why we need safe spaces on this board. you big bully.

>A candidate's policies should be crafted based on integrity and experience, not what they think will play best on television.

Read

basically this.

Trump would have won without Florida you cuck

Exactly, the large population states would rape the smaller states then.

Why is their geographic location even relevant? This would be a fine argument if there were no checks and balances in the Federal Government, and also if State and local government were non-existant, but the President is not the only politician in the country. The Executive Office makes decisions regarding the nation in it's entirety. It does not micromanage farmer Joe's goddamn wheat field. There is no logical reason why rural Americans should have a greater say in who is President than urban Americans.

That's bs. In california at least 30 percent of the votes are Republican

>more people voted against him
It's the american version of democracy i guess

That's fine, but Florida is trash and everyone knows it.

>most of the country wanted trump
>thinking cali and new york represent the whole nation
>would say isn't american but seems non americans understand us elections than half of america

We can always tell when someone hasn't taken there basic civics course yet.

So just because they live in populous areas their votes should count less? This makes no fukin sense. 1 person = 1 vote

Why do so many people think the USA is a fucking true democracy. The founding fathers knew democracy was shit,and would eventually implode. Which is why it's a democratic republic and always has been. Why do so many college graduates have no grasp on real life or understand what the fuck they are talking about?

Daily reminder that liberalism=weakness and ignorance.

Fuck off back to your rally. Or riot. Or whatever you whiny children call it.

Signed,maggots as president don't make America great

>Trump lost the popular vote
>Most of the country wanted Trump

Pick one. Your contention that California and New York represent the whole country is overly simplistic, but using that axiom you are correct. They don't represent the whole country, just most of it.

atleast uneducated people don't pay 25k/year to play play-doh

Thankfully, her voter fraud plan didn't pan out, and so we don't have to go to war with that country she sold our uranium to and then proceeded to antagonize.

lol this faggit doesnt understand how a republic works

Daily reminder that he wasn't campaigning for popular election

see

a direct democracy is a terrible system and has failed when implemented in every case
if you want a direct democracy in the usa then there is no usa anymore, each state will be its own country
look at an election map of the country broken down into counties

It's like more people rooting for the "home" team when the visitors come in and kick your fucking ass, OP. Learn the rules, cuck fucker.

He did win the election. We're a Constitutional Republic, and not a Democracy. That is why we have the Electoral College. I also highly doubt it was entirely legal citizens that voted for Hillary.
Illegals and the dead voted for her. She lost and he won, get over it and stop being a crying, pathetic bitch ass faggot.

>the president isnt the only figure
You are correct, that is why the state reps exist.

And for the president, the smaller states have the electoral college, you defeated your own argument by openly admitting that there is a difference between state officials and the POTUS.

she conceded, its over, so fuck off

> The founding fathers knew democracy was shit,and would eventually implode.

Not quite accurate. They were, however, suspicious of the ability of a bunch of uneducated farmers to make an educated decision on who should be President. Ironically, the system that they devised to protect the country from such a scenario has since been twisted into a system that does exactly that.

You're right user, how come I didn't notice!
They create the jobs you work at

tree hugging hippie here.

you lost, get over it