I honestly don't know how to relax. I am always uptight. On my own, lying in bed, on the toilet. I'm always 'on'...

I honestly don't know how to relax. I am always uptight. On my own, lying in bed, on the toilet. I'm always 'on', ready for something surprising to occur. I can't just chill out and turn that aspect of my brain off. I can't smoke weed because I can't relax enough to have a good time with it. It just amplifies my tension. I've come here to ask for advice on how to chill out. How do you turn your brain off and relax? Bonus points: don't say "just".

You know those people who have tight lips, very emotionally contained, looking like they are holding back strong emotions, pressure forming in their head, high blood pressure. Like an angry old army , or Severous Snape in Harry Potter? That's how I am. But I don't know how to release without exploding out and going autistic.

Try to not worry about shit you can't change. If you can't fchange it why worry, and if you can change it get it fuckin changed already

also legit give smokin another go, do it alone, put your favourite song on, roll it yourself (nothing more relaxing imo) and just think abstract shit...

i know how you feel im always worrying about shit and i have a lot of headaches/ pressure in my head

OP abandoned thread i think

You have a psychiatric disorder OP, see a psychiatrist and they'll prescribe you meds.

>inb4 I don't want meds
Your brain doesn't produce the same chemicals mine does so you need supplements

everyone knows meds are designed by the government to make you dumb enough to consume our cultre-free lifestyle.

Sorry I didn't abandon thread. I forgot about it, but now I'm back. I'm outside in the cold using public WiFi now. So my responses might be slow and not so eloquent.

My dad used to barge into the room as I was sleeping often when I was younger. My parents did cruel shit to spook me all the time. I think this is partly the explaination.

I've got some weed, and some other psychedelic stuff at standby. Would you believe I've been thinking about mushrooms for over 12 months, but neved summoned the nerve to take just one?

I did psychedelics for about two years. Still a relative newbie. 90% of the time, it's a very negative experience. Even though I take great precautions each time. I have read a lot about drugs, I don't lack the knowledge.

But getting high freaks me out. I want to grapple for help, scream, run, wreck things.

Dude one mushys noty gna kill you, i've dried up about 5, crushed them to powder and snorted the cunts. honestly u wont see shit whats not there, you just see s weird version of what is. and you feel mint. do shrooms before acid fo sho.

also damn bro your parents sound like cunts

bullshit, only bad trip i had was trip droppin acid, double droppin E then tryna drive tf home. legit freaked tf out. also wrote my car off

Nah bullshit right back. I've had plenty of horror experiences with mushrooms. Five of which I'd describe as hellish. The rest extremely difficult. I honestly don't know how to relax when things go sour, or have the possibility of going very bad.

might just be your way of reacting to shit to be fair, i got a buddy who cant do trippy drugs, his head goes man. to be fair i love being high and am never anxious about it so mb that why we have different experiences

To relax, try deep breathing. Breathe really slowly as deep as you can (right into your stomach/bottom of your diaphragm). Hold it for a few seconds, then breathe out slowly and repeat 20-50 times. Relax all of your muscles one by one. I do this when I'm lying in bed too tense/stressed and unable to sleep.

Also, try doing exercise. Ideally something fairly intense. That will give you an outlet for your stress and pent-up emotions. Combat sports are my favourite but find something that suits you.

>to be fair i love being high and am never anxious about it so mb that why we have different experiences
I am envious. You are a lucky bastard. Treasure that.

Good advice. Thanks.

release it by joining an MMA gym or a boxing gym.

ever studied/heard of chi kung/qigong? Internal martial arts? Energy/tension grounding?

ive never felt pride in my ability to be a complete fuckin narcoman before, thanks op. hope you figure your shit out anyway man, you seem like a good lad

OP it sounds like you have a dopamine imbalance. Do you find yourself ready to fuck / fap again very quickly after ejaculating, as opposed to having the mandatory "downtime" most guys have wherein they can't get hard and find it uncomfortable to have their cock touched? That's a classic sign of having a dopamine dominance. Most people find a dopamine dominance pleasurable but too much of an imbalance between prolactin and dopamine and you venture into anxiety / panic / constant adrenaline territory.

is this why i can keep fuckin after i cum? lol, i thought i was just a god in the sack

You could try edibles our thc pills

Hey Op. I have advice for you if you want it. I graduated in psych, have done a ton of research on it and I have experience in the field.

Ask me whatever you want buddy. I also used to have the same problem.

Me irl

Same goes to you

OP, I have the same problem.
kek
My parents used to barge into my room multiple times per day with the door closed, and they would open it randomly when it's closed and ask my why it's closed. That's a big reason why I can never relax, because I feel like someone will barge into my apartment.
I don't have the downtime. Also, I find that after I masturbate and orgasm multiple times, my hands and whole body will shake constantly, so slightly that I have to look closely to notice it.

You know what, I'll give you a basic rundown as to why this is before I give you advice on it.

There is a part of your brain called the limbic system. This structure dumps hormones in your body and determines your level of arousal (not sexual, just generally)

An aspect of this is called Visceral Brain Activation. People with a high degree of this experience a high level of arousal all the time, they are very high strung. Your brain is dumping adrenaline into your body and brain much more than your average person, you are naturally more energetic than your average dude.

It is highly heritable. I am near positive that your parent(s) display a high level of arousal as well, they passed it on to you like the color of your eyes. You can't get rid of it, what you can do is harness it and learn to control the beast.

Still interested?

bump

Op here. 5% battery. Gotta go.

Get a book on Transcendental Meditation

Exercise as much as you can fuckboy

Download the audio book " the power of now"

They were probably trying to catch you doing drugs.

Seems they were correct.

TBH, I know of no fuctioning member of society that hoards weed and shrooms, so I'm guessing you're some kind of druggie/burnout.

Why not just accept that you're useless to society and evolve into the homeless druggie you were meant to be?

I hope my advice helped you realise what utter garbage you are :)

not op but i would like to hear more

Well pretty much, high dopamine generally equals good in the sack because you'll have a high libido and therefore be more into it than others.

Sure bud, of what aspect? How to harness it?

Yep, high dopamine. I sometimes give myself that kind of high by ODing on a combination of vitamin B6 and a mucuna pruriens extract with a high L-DOPA content.

Not a good idea to do this often because the more you overstimulate your dopamine system, the more dopamine it'll need to provoke a nice high (this is why coffee and other stimulants lose their effect over time and require stronger doses) but once in a while when you need extra energy and motivation, go for it.

Not him but how does the L-DOPA work for you? What are the effects?

A career change and deep breathing would do wonders.

get some pills..

Nocro,tramadol, or even stronger and just CHILLLLLLLLLL

>op's scared of drugs
>tramys

you tryna give this brotha an aneurysm?

Singling out dopamine doesn't really make sense in this context. You're right, but it's not the root. The root is an overactive limbic system, a high level of visceral brain activation.

Epinephrine is the hormone at the root, dopamine is kind of an afterthought.

take benzodiazepines

you need meditation, holmes

Don't listen to this cunt, that's how addictions start. Benzos are bad news.

To be honest it's dependent on creating the right environment for it to work. Too many people think that taking a 00% L-DOPA supplement on its own will make them feel epic - truth is that the body has a number of fail safes to make sure it doesn't produce too much of any hormone even if you supply it with surplus ingredients. You need a COMT and decarboxylase inhibitor (an extract of ECGC from green tea is included in many supplements and is purported to accomplish both of these ends) plus vitamin B6 for your body to make the conversion. However, you cannot take B6 at the same time as the L-DOPA because it will convert outside the brain, and the final product isn't able to cross the blood-brain barrier unlike the building blocks. Finally, your D2 receptors must be sufficiently sensitive to respond, which is why I recommend only doing this in short (2-3 weeks) cycles before taking an extended break. The more you overstimulate those receptors with excess dopamine, the more your body tells them to just switch off. It's one of the reasons that if you fap several times in a short time frame, each orgasm is less intense than the last - while the longer you refrain from ejaculating, the better your orgasm will be. That's your body adjusting its sensitivity to dopamine bursts according to how often it experiences them.

aye dam right. remember dumping my mate's brother outside the er foaming from his gob off benzos. not a good night

zopiclone/ambien works well too. just try to fight the urge to fall asleep for an hour or so

Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream.

This is not dying.

If this is the case, then why do anti-anxiety and anti-psychotic meds tend to target dopamine receptors as opposed to Epinephrine action?

The way I've always seen it, epinephrine is the physical side, dopamine is the psychological / mood aspect.

You know things i wish i knew

valium has long half life you wont get addicted as easily as other benzo

Trust me I wish I didn't. I only know this stuff because my own endocrine system is completely fucked and I have to supplement it in order to function. I got early warning of this when I grew a pair of tits at eleven, got tormented by everyone throughout school and was repeatedly told "relax, they'll go away on their own" by doctors. Once I hit my twenties and still had these horrible manboobs (not just fat, soft, pink protruding areolas) I just decided to fuck it and self-medicate. That led me on a journey of discovery about how the brain interacts with the endocrine system and various hormones. Blood tests showed that my prolactin was high, which suppresses testosterone production and encourages estrogen dominance - everything I've posted here comes from the journey I had to take to fix this shit.

I'm happy to report though that it works. Once you understand how the body works, you can manipulate it to your heart's content as long as you have access to the compounds and know what you're doing. Fuck it up though at your own peril. I didn't touch a single drug or supplement related to this before I'd immersed myself in learning about it for four straight years.

By the way this was obviously meant to be a 99% L-DOPA supplement, not 00%. You should aim for around 50%, as Mucuna has other compounds such as 5-HTP which offset some of the negative side effects of increased dopamine production.

lol my nigga had titties

This. Go for an indica strain and put on a Pixar movie or something.

First thing OP, weed isnt psychadelic.

Secondly I wouldn't go near psychedelics until you've already sorted out your anxiety problems.

Because it's an interaction. If you raise the level of dopamine in your brain, it will decrease your arousal. That doesn't change the fact that the level of epinephrine in your body is determining your arousal. Ideally, you would hit both. Also, most anti-anxiety meds target GABA or serotonin, not dopamine.

Sorry, it might increase your arousal but it will decrease the negative feelings.

Benzo for example targets GABA.

Depressing shit. Actually gave me full on dangerous anorexia at one stage because I couldn't comprehend that I'd actually grown proper internal nipple gland tissue as opposed to just being overweight, so I dieted down to like 130lbs (I'm 6'2), and whenever anyone told me I was taking the cutting regime too far I'd just say "I'm dieting until these fucking manboobs are gone, end of discussion". Thankfully I discovered the bodybuilding community where my natural hormonal issues are well known as a side effect of steroid use without proper precautions, so they were able to talk me through how to deal with it effectively.

You need to have an outlet.
Whether it be artistic, physical, mental
Go to the gym helped my friend. He was the same now he spends 90% of his time in the gym.. Bonus is he now pulls a bunch of girls

Interesting. I always assumed that increased D2 receptor activity was what caused heightened alertness and motivation (when I do a dopamine boosting cycle like I've described here, my productivity goes WAY up and my desire to procrastinate literally vanishes, for up to a week after discontinuing the L-DOPA / B6 / EGCG regime) - interesting to hear that dopamine is a step in the process but not actually the first step.

alright bro ima help you i am the master of not giving a fuck about anything including grades and thats why I failed college freshman year and now hbave to retake classes. Now hopefully you can find a healthy balance in between yourself and me, that would be ideal. What you gatta do is think about something that usually gives you anxiety, and then sort of repeat in your mind "this does not matter" over and over. Until you literally dont think about it any more. and if it comes back up be like this shit doesnt matter. Thats what I did to combat my "depression" if you wanna call it that I just thought I was ugly and would never be happy, and then I was like "hey fuck thinking about that I will force myself into a happy or at elast neutral mode". Now you don't wanna take it too far and not give a fuck about anything, but anxiety sucks cock.

Also Definitely do not do any psychadelics besides weed unless you're very comfortable and relaxed with your own mind and body. LSD and shrooms r great but only if your natural mindset is already something you want to Enhance, and not entirely replace.

Shoot guns, and drink alot of beer/liquor.

shit man. tbh i'd prolly have been one of the guys torturing you about it. i was a cunt in school. glad you sorted that shit anyway man, bet your way happier now

MURICAHHHHHH

The torment was a gift, to be honest. I realise that sounds cliched. But when you're made to feel like something you can't change easily will ensure that you never, ever get laid, you get inspired to work on literally everything else you can. I have an iron clad willpower. Took up bodybuilding at 17, am totally socially independent despite having a lot of friends groups (as in if no one's around I just hit the club and chat up random girls anyway - it's amazing how easy it is to flirt when you don't have the option of chilling in your comfort zone all night), and I have a sort of inbuilt "no, I'm doing it my way, go and fuck yourself" defiance which has led me to be able to totally ignore discouragement. Any time somebody advises me not to shoot for something because of the risks, I generally take that as a challenge to prove people wrong.

Ironically, part of that is probably also the dopamine making me less risk averse. The circle of life is a funny thing :D

Plus... My last girlfriend who turned out to have secret dominatrix fetishes beyond most guys' wildest dreams liked my still biggish nipples because they were easier to attach clothes pins to while I was tied to her bed. So... Y'know, there's always a silver lining. ;)

yeah, there was a kid in school, not me particularly but some lads i knocked around with chewed the life outta him for being a fat spotty wee cunt. Saw him a couple months back, fuckin hench guy now and working better job than all of us. maybe us being pricks made him so successfull lol

not sure about bein tied up and putting clothes pins on me nips and shit tho. sounds a bit like what isis do to you to get information. but whatever floats your dick bro hahahaha