Hey beefy faggots, I need some advice

Hey beefy faggots, I need some advice

I'm 16 and 155 pounds, I really wanna get into shape and have a slim slightly bulky figure. I just started working out yesterday, 20 min on the elyptical, and then some push ups and planks, if I do this daily, will this get me anywhere?

You will gain better balance and stability, plus the benefits of light cardio.

Ask /fit/ for help, not Sup Forums

I'm 155 and wanting to drop to 125 or 130, so it will work correct?

>underage b&
>too fucking stupid to click on /fit/

you aren't gonna make it brah

Wait, you're only 155 lbs and you're trying to LOSE weight? Just how short are you?

Free weights dumbass.

GTFO and go to /fit then KYS

5'7 or 5'8,

Fit fag here. It really depends on your individual goals. At your age I say eat healthy and be active. That should be enough. But if you want to put on muscle mass you're gonna have to incorporate resistance training. That doesn't mean you have to be a bodybuilder or powerlifted or anything along those lines but they make for great beginner templates in my opinion. Ask anything if you want I'll try to be on here for a bit

Take up running and eating clean, such as greens. Consume clean proteins and stay away from processed stuff. If you start lifting, you'll benefit more from free weights than machines

I would go to a gym, but I hate it when it's packed, and I'm not a very social person. I try to incorporate some planks and push ups in my workout, I know it's probably not enough. So should I just go to the gym or is there some workout that'll suffice

not op but similar situation, 5'11 and about 130. ive never been able to keep a real workout routine, how can i start gaining any type of mass?

Hi OP, go on youtube and look at fitness stuff. Look at AthleanX, and others will follow. I studied sport and exercise science so I might be able to help too.
First, dont worry about weight, just worry about what you look like. What I mean is, don't jump on the fucking scales every day, go but how you feel and what you see in a mirror.
Second, mix it up. For eg:
-Week 1-
3 days of cardio, say jogging, eliptical, running, bikimg, rowing, skipping. Pick 3.
2 days of resistance training
Say press ups, machines, barbell exercises
6 days of core work.
The next week mix it up a bit. It doesn't matter what equipment you use, because you will get gains no matter what due to you being new. i would pick a target strength and size area and work that. After a few weeks you will find what you like doing the most, then add weight/reps/time/distance to what ever exercise it is you are doing.
Third, eat healthy. Don't worry about crazy diets or 'shortcuts' because they either dont work or are bad for you. Just eat clean, whole foods. Every week have a cheat meal, not a cheat day.

Good luck.

>random

I'm pretty busy, so some days I usually can't go to the gym, what can I do to get resistance training at home?

Don't have to be social, get a pair of heaphones and you'll rarely be bothered. I personally don't think there are any well balanced nongym workout plans other than yoga and some form of calisthenics but even the calisthenics I'm not particularly a fan on. If you want size or strength resistance training is my recommendation

Use roids.

Press ups and it's variations. Youtube is your best friend for this. Inverted rows using a broom handle and 2 chairs. Body squats, or single leg squats. Most core exercises are body weight, again, youtube that shit.
The best way to exercise like this is in circuits or interval training.

Best route is to stick to a balanced routine faithfully (don't skip on legs or cardio), eat healthy and eat enough of the right foods, get high quality sleep, and give yourself ample time to recover. You do all that you'll be golden.

Except calisthenics is resistance training, and because it use mostly compound movements, you do get a very well balanced workout, especially if you are new to exercising. If you don't think body weight exercises don't build muscle, just look at any olympic gymnast.

no.
calisthenics are shit
start lifting.
also underage b&

So what I'm getting is: do shit ton of resistance training, eat a lot of greens, and do some cardio?

Eat 500 calories over maintenance (2700 for me) and do a barbell routine. Go to /fit/ and read the sticky.
t. Skelefag who is 5'11 145 lbs that started at 120lbs

The average individual vs the average olympian are competently different animals. Also they're not healthy by any stretch of the imagination. Talented for sure I'll never say otherwise but having 2 bad knees, 2 bad elbows, 2 bad shoulders, and serious ankle issues by age 25 isn't a treat either.

And to top it off the males in gymnastics do a lot of weight training to avoid imbalances asssociated with their sport. I'm not telling him to lean towards weights if he doesn't want to I'm just saying they're is a reason it's the most frequently used path (because it works and doesn't require years of extremely expensive coaching)

That simple. And sleep and give yourself days off to let your body recover.

fuck dude im an inch under you and 5 more pounds but i started at like 110 lmao.
do you try the weight gainer protein shakes? it worked wonders for me and i kept the weight after

Also, I've rarely ever lifted weights in my fuckin life. How many do I start with? And how the fuck do I get a spotter?

read the fuckin sticky
you wont need a spotter for at least a year

Lol I didnt ask him to go and train to be a gymnast, I am simply defending body weight exercises from your anecdotal claims it isn't good. Chin ups, press ups. Very good exercises. You would be surprised at how many people cannot even go 5 press ups, or 1 chin up even! Just because you have got to the point in your fitness were simple body weight exercises are no harder than jogging, doesnt mean that they are crap to do.

This. You don't need to lift at 1 rep maxes to gain muscle. I wouldn't even recommend lifting until failure under most instances.

so envious of the noob gains youre about to make

I'm so confused as what to do, no lifting or lifting? And if I should lift, how much should I do. Btw I'm not looking to get jacked af, just have some decent body mass and sharp stomach

R E A D T H E S T I C K Y
babes dont give a shit about the 6pack meme just because every skeleton in your class has one.

Dude, if you dont want to go to a gym, then don't.
Youtube. learn to fucking use it. They have FREE HITT (High Intensity Interval Training) videos. They are good for burning calories in a short time, and due to to your inexperience in any form of resistance work, you will gain strength due to neurological adaptations. You will lose weight due to a high calories burned and a high EPOC response, and you will sustain that weight lost with healthy eating. Now fuck off already and learn to youtube

K final post, what should I be changing in my diet? I already rarely rarely eat junk food, I don't drink soda, or eat chips and shit. Though the one thing I'm pretty bad at is fast food, since I'm always busy and don't have time to make something. Ik to stay away from carbs but what do you guys eat?

throw away literally all your snacks and only have main meals, three a day.
count macros and eat mostly lean meat.
leave humanity behind

5x5 lifts are awesome for beginners, It won't get you shredded but it will give you the strength to do more pullups

OP you are a dumbass nigger. Go get a gym membership and start lifting like a real man.

Also FUCKING EAT

t. Started at age 15 6'0 140lbs skeleton, now 6'2 190lbs relatively lean