Why are most atheists insufferable pseudo-intellectuals? I've met a few rational ones that are cool about it...

Why are most atheists insufferable pseudo-intellectuals? I've met a few rational ones that are cool about it, but a vast majority are literal fedoras.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w0jrpkAuSbY&t=32s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hey asshole my ass is flapping the breeze here. Do you seriously think I should do this. Do you need your head examined?

You're such a prick you know that. Are you really going to sit here and say that this isn't a blatent abuse of the privilege when they pull this bullshit. I literally don't want to call them right now.
You can do anything. You can do cs you can do law boy you can sure lay it on thick but when it comes down to it you're be a fucking loosed.

get acquainted with psychology. otherwise fuck off.

I forgot Sup Forums was a hotspot for high school level "freethinkers" that rationalize being edgy losers by simply being too intellectual for interaction with others.

Pic related? Cuz you look like an asshole yourself.

I refuse to associate myself with that of an impudent zealot. Maybe one day you may also evacuate the shackles of organized religion, my anonymous acquaintance. Its funny, really.

The superstitious dim bulbs that believe in the Abrahamic religions are the source of most of the worlds problems, and do incredibly stupid shit to set humanity back to the dark ages for some reason.

The Muslims are the worst, but Christians and their passive-aggressive are also pretty good at repressing modern science and human rights. The kikes don't give a shit as long as they're collecting gold and using the goyim like livestock.

I like to ask Christians about how God created man in HIS own image, and why they say God the FATHER. That implies that God has a dick, and therefor, there must be a Mrs. God, or at least some kinda intergalactic slut he can pork.

I've read the whole bible, and it's strangest mishmash of total crap committed to print. Very few so-called Christians know anything about their religion; they're just sheep listening to jackasses that take their money and tell them they're fucked if they don't tithe to the Lord, then spend their cash on themselves.

kek, what a bunch of fucking rubes.

i dunno man probably because God is some sort of legendary idea; opposing such an idea almost makes you a pseudo-intellectual as it makes you like a fuckin contrarian

God. You know, the lot of you in here call others with different beliefs impudent, unintelligent, and insufferable but reading any of each of your responses is incredibly jarring. You're all so hypocritical. None of you are higher beings with opinions worth more than anyone else's. "Insufferable pseudo-intellectuals," "get acquainted with psychology," "evacuate the shackles of organized religion." How pretentious can you be?!

Sec. Will write an honest answer with myself as an analogy.

It's good that you've at least met some rational ones. Like with anything, people get can caught up in groups and ideas for the wrong reasons and become egotistical about it.

>the lot of you in here call others with different beliefs impudent, unintelligent, and insufferable

Read the old testament: it's all about animal sacrifice to please the creator of the universe. As if the creator of the universe needs some of its creations hacking up some of it's other creations to be pleased.

Doesn't that sound pretty fucking ignorant and ridiculous to you?

God does have a dick. He has nads, too. Big ones. Very, very big ones.

Part 1/2

The reason why most atheists are pretentious, pseudo-intellectuals is the result of two scenarios.

Scenario 1: The atheist is raised in a secular family household that does not represent the facets of what a religious household would adhere to. Essentially, the atheist, upon growing up into his teenage years, sees the bullshit around him and is extremely perturbed to the point of undefined fury. Usually, after studying the principles of Logic and Reasoning along with a few Philosophy lessons, the atheist becomes even more enraged when he/she sees that the people who believe in organized religion have no backing or support with which to stand on. when confronted with solid Logic along with well-reasoned counterarguments. Most religious types would fall back on "It's the word of God it must be true!" or "You'll burn in hell with thinking like that.". They either don't confront the argument or try to curb it off into the side-lanes of thought.

Basically, in scenario one, the atheist is raised to be an atheist and gets furious with all of the bullshit reasoning that people (hypocrites) use to slander the non-believers.

Scenario 2 coming up next. This is where I will use my analogy of myself.

This is bait

Because having a strong opinion on something and not containing it to your own thoughts makes you an insufferable faggot. Super religious or super anti religious, either side is annoying.

Being complacent in not giving a shit or paying attention at all is the least impactful position to have.

>Because having a strong opinion on something and not containing it to your own thoughts makes you an insufferable faggot

Yeah Steven Hawking should have just STFU. Why should humanity progress? We need to squash science before we have to fucking understand how things work, or other tedious bullshit.

Part 2/2

The second scenario goes something like this.

The person is raised in a religious household for the good part of their teenage and young adult life. Usually adhering to the rules and principles of whatever religion that they were raised to believe in. That is, until they come across what true Logic and Reasoning, which, is normally confronted in upper high school levels or college levels of thought. That person reads more into whatever religion that they were brought up in, and then dissects that religion to reveal all of the bullshit that resides in it. They get pissed, really fucking pissed... and sort of, turn inward with sharp outbursts to society for having been lied to for a quarter of their life.

The atheist was raised in a religious household, essential been lied to, and find out that what they believe in and have been taught to believe in was crap for eh better part of their prime years of life.

I was one of those people.

I was raised in a christian household with lax rules on what was to be tradition. We celebrated Easter, Christmas, the whole lot of the well-known holidays that are used for religious worship. I prayed every night to God that he would, and I quote "Protect everyone that I have or have not known, and to expel all demons in this household and in this country and in this world." AND "God... if I ever become an Atheist... kill me."

The belief in this supreme being overrode my thought process's and essentially made me into a walking religious sponge, where, whatever someone told me is what I believed in for my religion.

"Oh you're going to hell if you have sex outside of marriage!", they so heavily chanted. "Oh if you don't hate gays and if you are gay then you go straight to hell to burn in the Lake of Fire!".

The belief in something so powerful, like an afterlife, led me down a spiral of depression. I slowly and reassuringly told myself that things would get better.

Very true. And it's important to remember that most of the people that are open enough about their atheism or theism who you meet in life are likely to be a bit extreme or confronting.

Nothing necessarily wrong with voicing your position on religion though, and it's possible to do it such a way that you don't come across as annoying.

>atheists are pretentious, pseudo-intellectuals
>I will use my analogy of myself.

Kek.

Ya know, silent majority and all that. I don't give a shit what anyone believes and so do most people.

Toupee fallacy. You know the insufferable pseudo-intellectuals are atheists because they're loud and tell you what they are. For all you know, every person who doesn't mention their religious beliefs to you are atheists.

Most atheists aren't insufferable pseudo-intellectuals, or at least most of us are decent at keeping a fucking lid on it. Most atheists YOU KNOW to be atheists are insufferable pseudo-intellectual.

Everyone respect each others' rights to belief. Please and thank you.

I didn't take him to mean everyone including Stephen Hawking are annoying. I think he's more or less talking about the everyday people that you meet who will awkwardly push an agenda onto you, religious or non-religious.

In other words, there's a time and place for everything. Stephen Hawkings work on science is suited to his career and goals in life, while some edgy fedora-wearing teen bragging about his intellectual superiorty isn't necessary or all welcomed by the rest of society.

I've read the Old Testament. It's an ancient text that I believe even in the context of religion should not be taken entirely literally. I can't think of a text that old that doesn't require some interpretation as time goes on and circumstances of old no longer apply to the present. I mean, how should I know if that principle is ridiculous? If there is a being out there that is comparable to what we call a god, what would I know about its intentions, whims, and wants? It's would be a being of indescribable power... I can't reason out any strange desires for something that would be beyond my physical comprehension. As for ignorance, I only see such things as ignorant when people forcibly throw proven science out the window in order to follow literal interpretations of religious texts. I am personally very against that sort of denial of truth. Still, you reason your argument out as calmly and professionally as you can. You give actual reasons instead of claiming superiority immediately and just claiming superior intelligence to the other person (even if that superiority is quite apparent to you)

To continue on the topic of my depression...

>The belief in something so powerful, like an afterlife, led me down a spiral of depression. I slowly and reassuringly told myself that things would get better.

And that's what I thought. That is what my thought process was like. That things would be better for me in the future without me doing anything about it. That, no matter the pain, suffering, consequences that existed in this world, there would always be a better one in heaven.

Needless to say, after studying Philosophy and re-reading the bible treating it not as a metaphor but as an actual rule-book guide to the world... I was confounded.My belief system crumbled under the intense weight that was the numerous fallacies within the Bible. I felt lost. I felt betrayed and I felt lonely. More lonely than I ever had, even when believing that I had God on my side.

Things got better.

As time went on by, I started to pursue my studies and activities. I started to ACTUALLY do my part in improving on myself, "knowing" that it was highly likely that there would be no afterlife.

So I stepped up my game on everything that I did.

And that's how I got a D+ in Spanish 2.

When people figure out that religion is horse shit they react in all kinds of ways, one of which is the urge to share their discovery. That's why you get cringey faggots ranting about it before they realize that it's a sensitive and personal topic that they ought to,shut up about

People naturally shit on others to make themselves feel better, especially when depressed, and lack of belief makes people less happy

Yeah yeah yeah.

I'd like to think of myself as not being a pseudo-intellectual. I don't pursue knowledge for the status (albeit it does help for moral purposes). I go to gather knowledge for usage in making this world a better place.

Probably this. You come across many loud, obnoxious bible thumpers, gays, "enlightened" fedora tippers, etc. who hold that one piece of their identity as the one they have to shove in everyone's face. Then, there are people who are deeply religious, or atheist, or gay, etc. that you would never know unless something came up that revealed it or if you spent enough time with them.

Some people are massive faggots about their identity and beliefs, and others are not.

Why don't you just wander on down to the nearest airport and buy yourself a ticket (or rather suck off as many people as you can in order to get the money), and go to a Middle Eastern country like Palestine or Syria, and let's see how much you respect other peoples' religious views when they make you read from a note-card on live television, about to saw off your head with a rusty eastern sword.

2/10 for making me reply to obvious bait.

>I'd like to think of myself as not being a pseudo-intellectual.
> I go to gather knowledge for usage in making this world a better place.

kek, look up "pretentious," please.

Bottom line is we don't know if it's being literal or not in anything it is saying. The fact that it claims a creator exists which cares about humanity makes all the other crazy stories within the Bible suddenly more likely to be claims of truth as well.

It's convenient to say the God part is literal yet every other unlikely story in the Bible is just poetry with many different interpretations.

I don't see a problem.

I go to college in order to fulfill my dreams, that dream being to advance technology, especially that of the nano-kind.

You may think that I do not possess those type of "talents, importance and/or cultural significances", but I know who I am and what I intend to be in the future.

Why would you think of me as being pretentious?

You could make the claim that everyone on Sup Forums is a pseudo-intellectual faggot, to which you would be included, and although I can't prove that I'm not over the internet, I can if you would meet me in person.

Seems that we are at an impasse.

>It's convenient to say the God part is literal yet every other unlikely story in the Bible is just poetry with many different interpretations.

Christians say that the Holy Bible is the word of God. It is either 100% true, or it is total superstitious bullshit.

Read it and decide yourself.

I did.

Why don't you get behind the fact that you are living in a first world country and and are not subject to those extenuating circumstances? Unless of course you are.

>Seems that we are at an impasse.

You still don't understand the term "pretentious," you dumb faggot.

Kek.

I've yet to meet other atheists IRL

>That things would be better for me in the future without me doing anything about it. That, no matter the pain, suffering, consequences that existed in this world, there would always be a better one in heaven.
That is the belief of many new age spiritual movements, that you can just sit and ask God to sort all of your shit out, and he will.

God's basic rule is to do things with good intentions, TRY to do good, TRY at everything and ask him to help you. If you fuck up, and you will, ask forgiveness and for his help in not fucking up. Don't be scared, just make sincere efforts. Actions can be good or bad, but man is judged on his intentions, and even those good intentions can lead to bad outcomes, which is why you are supposed to ask for guidance. People who throw around the fire and brimstone rhetoric to scare, and not help those who have slipped, are being dicks or are misguided.

I don't blame many atheists, though, many people who run bible study groups, or anything like that, usually do not have enough knowledge themselves to educate people about the bible. Some are almost the opposite extreme of the "enlightened" know-it-all atheist

Where are you from?

That point that I live in a first world country does nothing to aid your argument. People can practice whatever religion they want, wherever they want to, it still doesn't change the fact that the person's religion is poison.

People here in the U.S. practice Islam, but it still doesn't change what Islam tells them to do. It does, however, "limit" them by having bad consequences if they were to indeed practice their religion to its fullest extent.

I understand that in a perfect world, there would be liberty and equality for all... but for you to make the claim that I should just respect a religion because it is different from my own, while that religion is quite literally murderous or teaches murderous dogma to the point of brainwashing, is absurd.

>mfw atheists think everything we see around us, all the galaxies in the world just appeared out of nowhere

Look the way I see it, it doesn't matter what you believe. What matters is what you do. So isis can believe anything they want but when they start threatening innocent people its time to take action.

I'm afraid that you are mistaken.

I understand completely what the word "pretentious" entails.

You don't understand that I can't not seem pretentious over the internet. It is much too hard for me demonstrate this over such a limited platform that is based off of mere words with no emotion or sarcastic to input.

For me not to be pretentious I would have to dumb down my wording... and why would I want to compromise my individual self concerning the way in which I speak, just for a misguided individual to feel better about himself because he can understand the wording better?

tldr: I'm not compromising my way of talking for an individual faggot to understand my way of speaking. Get a better education.

As a fellow atheist, you are what gives us our bad reputation. Make the same points, but in a way that doesn't make you sound like a pretentious asshole. And for Christ's sake (irony intended) if no one asks you about it shut the fuck up and keep your lips sealed tight. We're becoming more boastful than the vegans.

OWNED BY

I agree with you to an extent, but I cannot help but see all of the misguidance that religion shoves down people's throats, especially at such an early age in development when the person, at such a young age, is so impressionable.

Religion makes good people do bad things using faulty Logic and Reasoning.

I personally think that the world would be, overall, a better place without Religion.

Yeah, we'd miss out on all of the good choir music, the artwork, the quiet spaces in which to conclude out thoughts in, the beautiful architecture... but, I don't believe that those things are even close to equivalent to what the world would be like without them. We also would miss out on the question "What is a God?", and although this question has helped out Philosophy and the growth of thought, I still stand by my former point.

bc most people are insufferable pseudo-intellectuals ,atheism has little to do with it

Not the person were to just a disclaimer.

It is very easy to tell if someone is pretentious online. The phrasing of their writing and the extent of their vocabulary are the main indicators. Don't get me wrong; you can have a good vocabulary and not be a jackass, but when you shoot
>...to compromise my individual self concerning the way in which I speak
out of your ass, everyone knows your an idiot. That phrase has zero flow, and it seems like you went out of your way to make yourself sound intelligent. Pathetic.

And even if you are somewhat smart, there is absolutely no downsides to talking like a normal person instead of a prissy frat boy. Basic vocabulary allows your argument to be understood by a much larger scope of people, which maximizes its influence. So if you would please, stop being a faggot.

Kek

Terry Crews, good to see you

Why are you capitalizing words at random you fucking downy?

Not random, intelligently designed.

Fuck you chenk

I respect your beliefs.

Agreed. Atheism just gives them the perfect platform to shout sheeple.

Why the fuck would an atheist even want people to stop believing in their religion. I'm an atheist, and have not once engaged in a discussion of that sort. Religion is all things considered a mostly positive influence here in the US, and that's not something we should try to take away from people.

By George! Now this is pretentious. Hath anyone seen such pretentiousness on the God's green earth 'for today?

Dan cenk

youtube.com/watch?v=w0jrpkAuSbY&t=32s

My bad, its hard for those of us who don't have autism to get inside your head.

I didn't think about that. It really gets the noggin going. Christianity is all about the love. Why tear me down? You know?

I wouldn't say that most atheists are insufferable pseudo-intellectuals. But there are atheists who are very loud about being insufferable pseudo-intellectuals.

Over the past five or ten years, a lot of US public schools have been teaching that 'unthinking and unquestioning acceptance of atheism and abiogenesis through darwinian evolution is the highest form of critical thinking.' As a result, there is a vocal minority of insufferable pseudo-intellectual atheists who make all atheists look bad.

There is also a vocal minority of Christians who are insufferable, but that doesn't stand out much. I know Christians, Jews, Muslims, and atheist are extremely intelligent. I've also met a lot of atheists and Christians who are not terribly bright, but think they're bright because they buy into a dogma ("I never question what I've been told to believe, so I'm smarter than anyone who thinks critically").

Nice mock kek.
It doesn't change the fact that every one of your posts in this thread so far makes it seem like you're jacking off to Mozart.

>And even if you are somewhat smart, there is absolutely no downsides to talking like a normal person instead of a prissy frat boy.

I use an extended vocabulary in order to exclude those who I wouldn't feel necessary in conversing with.

A.k.a., if you think that I'm a pretentious faggot for using big words, you are the people that I'm trying to avoid because it is blatantly obvious that we would never have a civil discussion.

>...to compromise my individual self concerning the way in which I speak

I did not pull that phrase out of my ass, albeit, I do agree with you that it can be improved. If I would have taken more time in constructing the sentence, it would've sounded a lot better.

>For me not to be pretentious I would have to dumb down my wording... and why would I want to compromise my individual self concerning the way in which I speak, just for a misguided individual to feel better about himself because he can understand the wording better?

Should've been reconstructed like this.

For me not to sound pretentious I would have to dumb down the wording. I am not willing to compromise on this because it is the way in with which I speak. I will not alter the way that I speak in order to suit those who cannot understand what I am saying. I treat myself with a respect that is much higher than that of a stranger on the internet, especially a stranger on Sup Forums.

And perhaps I am not that intelligent to begin with either. My main focus in school was Sciences and Mathematics, not English and Literature. I have a poor understanding of how to structure a sentence by using nouns, adjectives, verbs... shit like that. I just go with my flow so-to-speak.

By not using a basic vocabulary... see my first point.

If I were to try and maximize its influence, I would've used it, trust me.

longest post so far congrats

>I treat myself with a respect that is much higher than that of a stranger on the internet

Pretentious, self identified.
Pic related.

Wrecked tho

It's not so much that they are trying to stop them; it's that a religious person often doesn't want to follow their own rules and will instead attempt to get the person that they feel is most easily domitable in their immediate environment to follow the rules for them, to temporarily allow the religious person to escape from their reproachful inner dialogue.
This involves the religious person disparaging, maligning and taunting the other person and violating the very rules that the religious person is telling the other person they should follow. If the other person doesn't submit and obey, then the religious person declares them "bad" and deserving of punishment and continues doing what they were already doing, but now it is even more righteous. They will continue to make things unpleasant for their target and will only relent when the other person does the same thing to them (i.e. try to "convert" them to atheism or something).
Fire and brimstone with fire.

Can you give me a real life example? I can't say I've met many religious people with double standards, and certainly none to this degree.

"Assumption of dignity or importance"

I don't make the assumption that I'm important.
I KNOW that I am important because I have a high amount of respect for myself, which is much more than that of a strangers (such as yourself).

Also, you cannot know that I am undeserved of it, because that cannot be shown over the internet.

It also being exaggerated is false, because how is holding yourself higher than other people being pretentious?

If anyone has been pretentious here, it's YOU for assuming that I am important based off of what I've said in earlier posts... without me telling you that I hold myself with a high amount of respect, which, is much higher than that of the amount that I hold a strangers in.

It essentially boils down into this.

I was deemed to be pretentious in your eyes because I used big words. You thought that I was pretentious. I view myself in a higher light than that of other people because everyone and their mother holds themselves higher than anybody else. It's all about the Self, the Individual, Yourself. You yourself hold yourself in a higher light than that with which you view me in.

Case closed.

Now I have a new fetish. There goes NoFap November

It's due to the fact that Atheism IS a religion. And there's always gonna be that lot of people who scream their ideals like its fact. Like most religions do

That was a lot of words, too bad you completely missed the point.

>I treat myself with a respect that is much higher than that of a stranger on the internet
By saying this, before you even begin discussion with anyone, you have already elevated yourself to a higher plain. As before stated, these people are also strangers, so you know nothing of their merits. So yes, you are pretentious. You have an undeserved assumption of dignity, as for all you know everyone on this board could be in every way your superior.
>I don't make the assumption that I'm important.
>I KNOW that I am important because I have a high amount of respect for myself, which is much more than that of a strangers (such as yourself).
These two gems only solidify my point. To reiterate, you have no right to respect yourself more than anyone on this board considering we are strangers. I also feel that I should clarify that dignity, self respect and a sense of importance are all synonyms.
>It also being exaggerated is false, because how is holding yourself higher than other people being pretentious?
Because you know nothing of them.

>If anyone has been pretentious here, it's YOU for assuming that I am important based off of what I've said in earlier posts...
I said you were pretentious, not important, and making an assumption about the personality of an individual based off of their mannerisms can't be considered pretentious, especially since I was correct.

> I view myself in a higher light than that of other people because everyone and their mother holds themselves higher than anybody else. It's all about the Self, the Individual, Yourself.
Not everyone is an conceited as you. It was very pretentious of you to suggest that.

>You yourself hold yourself in a higher light than that with which you view me in.
I'll conceded that point. After all this, I can conclude with little risk that you are a faggot.

>Case closed
That was a little trigger happy, dare I say pretentious?

Check. Your move.

The one thing that will piss off the militant atheist the most, put them on the offensive and make them direct an ad hominem at the speaker.

Mostly because they know they can't answer it and they are too arrogant to think that they should have to.

Scientologist spotted.

Topkek.

winRAR.

that doesnt give you the authority to make up some shit about a giant fairy who watches you masturbate and say he made it all

it doesnt matter whether there is a god or not

if there is a god then where did he come from
"oh he just always existed"
then why cant the universe just always have existed

works both ways shitlord

But by assuming that a sentient being created everything you neglect to understand that the galaxies are expanding even now, without the help of said being and fully explained by science. What makes you think there was anything spiritual about the creation of earth?

>proving my point
Thanks mang.

Combined explains all

The thing is OP, only a very small (but vocal) minority of us Atheists behave like neckbeard cockheads. Most of us are fairly normal people. In fact, a huge percentage of the population is now Atheist (where I live, at least) and until you actually ask a normal Atheist about their beliefs they won't bother telling you. I'd actually be inclined to say that the religious majority are far more insufferable and cringeworthy than your run-of-the mill nonbeliever. But hey, that's just my two cents.

Could that not, in theory, be set into motion by a creator? I mean if a machine builds a car, it doesn't have to be the agent by which the car moves for the car to move.

Yes, but the burden of proof is on the one making the claim.

The Big Bang Theory is proven by science, and therefore is a viable option.

The logic behind the reasoning that a god or gods created the earth has always been "well, how else would all this happen?" The answer to that question is now the Big Bang Theory.

Unless we have proof that its possible for a godlike being to even exist at all and in addition have the power to create the earth, that argument is void.

Took you long enough.

>By saying this, before you even begin discussion with anyone, you have already elevated yourself to a higher plain.

Plane*

You're right, I know nothing of their merits, but I can conclude, that since we are on Sup Forums, that none of us have any merits of worth or value which is why Sup Forums exists in the first place.

The "undeserved assumption of dignity" is neither undeserved or an assumption, since I have a higher respect for myself than I do others, that is, not to say that I don't respect others... I just hold myself higher because it is in human nature to do so.

It is not considered an assumption, because I know this to be true because it comes from the highest authority a person can ever have, which is themselves. It is not considered undeserved, because I know that I deserve it for being the person that I am. You cannot argue these two concepts as they come from me, the primary source of what you are so desperately trying to destroy.

>you have no right to respect yourself more than anyone on this board considering we are strangers

Who decides what right I have or have not?

It is human nature to conclude that you are, indeed, more important than anyone else.

You cannot honestly say that if, when in a dire situation (natural disaster for example), you wouldn't hold yourself over that of strangers.

You can't honestly believe that you would exchange your own life for a strangers, when "you know nothing of their merits".

Now let me reiterate.

In the beginning, you thought me pretentious for using big words. I told you that I use big words to exclude those with whom I would have no civil discussion with. That is also the reason why I did not use a basic vocabulary to maximize my message. The point was to cut out those who were too stupid enough to understand what I was/am saying.

Let's see merriam-webster's definition of what it means to be pretentious shall we?

def'n: making usually unjustified or excessive claims (as of value or standing). Neither of my "claims" were unjustified, because I myself, being the
primary source, justified them, and neither are they excessive, because it is human nature and is generally accepted that everyone holds themselves
above over anyone else.

By all means, keep on trying to pin me as being a pretentious faggot. You've done more harm to yourself than I ever could, and I rule the day
when I see you exchange your life with a strangers because "MUH importance means nothin".

>I'll conceded that point.

Case closed.

This is what you bait right? Very low quality bait?

Good question. I was thinking about this at work earlier. They are so self-important and aggressively pretentious. They have cliche and mainstream tastes when it comes to entertainment, media, and interests and try to find depth in the shallow whilst patting themselves on the back whilst attempting (poorly) to do so.

Atheists can't bear to be wrong so they set up a universe where it's impossible for them to ever be wrong. They don't realize what flaw this is and how ridiculous they are

>the Big Bang theory is proven by science
Science seems to ostensibly prove a great number of things, and yet many of them are not fully understood or actually tested. The Big Bang is a probable model, sure, but if it isn't repeatable, then it's not science.

With that in mind, the burden of proof is also on the atheist. I, personally, do not believe that science has answered all of my questions to my liking, and neither has religion. However, based on personal spiritual enlightenment tempered with some skepticism, I would confess that I think that religion has not answered all of my questions sufficiently either. I am therefore not set in stone as a theist but more an agnostic-leaning spiritualist.

You do realize that Cenk Uygur is an agnostic dumbass, yes?

>taking the bait

>With that in mind, the burden of proof is also on the atheist.
it doesn't. We don't make a claim.

No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.

>proven by science
>a viable option
If it's proven by science then it's a fact, not an option
Also, if you're still calling it a theory then it hasn't been verified, still a theory and not proven

Although that may be the case, it is not here.

I have proven and justified my point, time and time again. He has not refuted my arguments about the definition of what it means to be pretentious and how/where the justifiable proof comes from (me) and until he does, he has forfeited any chances of victory.

Still waiting.

I encourage you to look up what a "Theory" represents in a scientific light.

>Also, if you're still calling it a theory then it hasn't been verified, still a theory and not proven
being a theory means it is proven. If an idea becomes a theory then it means it is a fact.

Nice rationalization you've got there.

Different user here.
Yes, theories do not "graduate" to the status of "facts"