What happened to gore in films? A fuckton of movies avoid blood as much as possible these days, and if they don't...

What happened to gore in films? A fuckton of movies avoid blood as much as possible these days, and if they don't, it's usually really terribly done.

Why can't I have more Event Horizon level shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

lostmedia.wikia.com/wiki/Event_Horizon_(Unreleased_130_Minute_Cut)
youtube.com/watch?v=SOMKnhN7ABs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

R doesn't bring in a wide enough audience. They tone it down to PG-13 to appease the censors.

What movie is this?

Watch the new Evil Dead, it's plenty gory.

Evemt Horizon.
Fucking love this movie.

Event Horizon but the cool shit like this was mostly cut from the theatrical release.

Event Horizon. Any good?

Nope. Fails to be scary at all and ends up cheesy and shitty.

I agree but MAN they should never use CG blood again, I get that Bruce HATES the stuff they use for practical blood but come on!

It's pretty good but kind of falls flat due to the shoe horned cheesyness at the end

Because it's been done to death so there's no CONTROVERSY SHOCK VALUE WOW SO BRUTAL profits that can be made anymore since we've all already seen it
Why bother

No, all of these scenes are in the movie. They're just flashing by so fast most people miss them.

Gore is just another way to add shock horror. Most "horror" films use gore to gross out its consumers for its horror elements. Honestly, it seems like a lot of horror films nowadays are just gore films.

"Hey, blood and guts are scary right? Well you'll get lots of blood and guts in this horror film!"

they really are overdoing the whole "sprinkle some maggots on it" effect

how does the maggots even get there if they are in space?

How much gore was in Green Inferno?

I really would like to see more blood in movies. Not just horror, I mean westerns mostly. Say what you want about QT, watching his violence is fun as fuck.

There IS actually like 30 minutes of the hell scenes that actually never got released because they were apparantly too grim.

I blame CGI

>Event Horizon was a 1997 sci-fi horror film directed by Paul W. S. Anderson. Initially, the film ran for at least 130 minutes. This cut contained far more graphic violence and gore than the released version of the film. When Anderson screened the film for Paramount, they were disturbed by how horribly gruesome it was. Anderson felt that they had not been given enough time in post-production to completely refine the cut, and it went before test audiences too early.[1] Consequently, the test audiences were equally upset with the gruesome content, and the negative reactions led to Paramount forcing Anderson to edit the film by 30 minutes, specifically the extremely grim material.

Portions of the deleted scenes were included as bonus features on the 2006 DVD release. Unfortunately, they were sourced from poor quality footage, and had editor's marks visible in various places. Supposedly, the cut scenes were found in, of all places, a Transylvanian salt mine, but they had deteriorated beyond repair.[2] According to the director's commentary, Paramount had scrapped the rest of the deleted footage, as they were not interested in keeping it.

>During an interview at ComicCon 2012, Anderson revealed that producer Lloyd Levin had found the original cut of the film on a VHS. However, nothing has been heard of it since.

>A FUCKING SALT MINE
lostmedia.wikia.com/wiki/Event_Horizon_(Unreleased_130_Minute_Cut)

Open mic tonight!

Our generation has grown up watching beheading videos. Bloody violence doesn't appeal to us as escapism like it did for GenX.

That was really bad movie.
Gore wasnt really that good and when people sayd that it was like cannibal holocaust they lied.
Only thing I remember clearly from Green Inferno was the part where the girl shat.

suffers from cringe worthy 90's tropes, but sure, watch it

>That was really bad movie.

>Director: Eli Roth

The pieces are starting to fall into place

Well the tv-show didn't have CGI blood so I guess Bruce doesn't hate it that much

no market for R-rated movies these days. no market for anything that isn't capeshit or a cartoon for babies, really.

Didn't he direct Knock Knock
I liked that movie
Should I watch Green Inferno?

>Well the tv-show didn't have CGI blood

You kidding me? Go back and watch it, there's a bunch of CG blood scenes, thankfully there's less and less of it as it gets to the end

disgusting. chances are, people who enjoy this crap have psychopathic tendencies and should be segregated from normal human beings.

i know it sounds alien in our current zeitgeist, but in less than 50 years this shit will be rightfully banned

TAKBIR

>tfw we'll never see the lost spider pit scene

I'm sad now guys

1% of the audience will complain which for some reason makes studios not do it.

>test audiences
>ruining movies since whenever

who are the people in these test audiences? j suspect nowadays it's a bunch of 70+ year olds or 18 year old hipsters it's fucking pathetic.

>Spider pit scene
Mate wat

>dude gore lmao

only edgelords care about gore

space maggots

Go look it up ya fud

I bet your shoes are caramel colour and you wear fedoras and black rimmed glasses. What a fucking loser.

I'd argue that. Too many films use a shot to the leg to mean a man is dead.

There's no humanness. There's no cruelty to violence.

Still a pretty good season, despite Black Cop's [pre-deadite] scenes.

I'm looking forward to the second season.

Because that shit's for edgy underage Sup Forums faggots.

It went high class and moved to TV, you've seen Hannibal no doubt?

This technically doesn't count because in the final kino cut those images are merely visible for not even 5 miliseconds, you have to actually go through it frame by frame and pause to actually pick them up.

Watched season 1, but I never managed to really get into it.

>Inb4 xd pleb

h3y r3dd1t

every
fucking
time

>movie released in 80's - r rated
>sequel in 90's - nc17
>sequel 20 years later - pg13

It's off putting to women and they sell tickets

silly boys teehee

Why did anyone bring barbed wire onto a space ship?

It'a from hell m8

What's a sopping pussy like you doing on a website like this?

>he thinks event horizon's 4th dimension is hell
lol!

Actually, they've found another original cut that's in good quality apparently

It's gross. Turns people off and in 99% of cases adds nothing to the experience. I don't like it and frankly tend to avoid movies that feature excessive gore or torture-esque scenes.

good lord

reccing this, really enjoyable

Hardly any for a movie about cannibals. That black guy in your pic is really the only gory scene. Well there's a plane crash with a few deaths like head lopped off by WALKING DIRECTLY INTO A PROPELLER, but the savages barely do anything. Awful awful awful movie. Would not recommend unless you have a fetish about women having diarrhea

Really isn't the same without the sound. this whole movie had fucking crazy sound design. Watching it with headphones is pretty great

The two best westerns of last year had a ton of gore.

I am perfectly content with that. The words alone conjure horrifying images I don't even want to fathom being real

PG13 makes more money than R with the exception of Deadpool.

I have a question: what happened to casual nudity in horror films? I saw "The Boy" recently and there's a scene where the girl takes a shower and you don't see a thing. What's the point of having a shower scene at all if there's no nudity?

Hell is a farm?
Hell must be being a sheep in New Zealand in space

>hell
>4th dimension
It's the Immaterium from WH40k you fools, even Sam Neil at some point mentioned a world full of CHAOS

not intentionally you dumbo

jesus christ, is this bone tomahawk? i didn't think anything like this would be in that

fuck off Sup Forums faggot. stop trying to shoehorn your shitty video game lore into a movie that has nothing to do with it

>say what you will about QT

only on Sup Forums do you have to defend ever saying something positive about a fantastic director.

stop projecting your faggotry unto other people

Have some pics then

It's totally what ticks me off especially in capeshit. Take thst Civil War movie where most of the time is being spent fighting each other. Nobody even gets bruised or whatever. They look perfect and spotless even after beating each other up for two hours. Deadpool got it more right.

the scenes of violence are all really brutal but usually happen fast up until this one

It's simple. You can't do good gore with CGI.

I kinda like how they fucked her teeth, you don't see this often in movies/tv shows.
Just like in the last episode of /got/ where Jon was devastating Ramsay's face and he still had beautiful teeth after that.

Because gore is for kids.

>gore is for kids
>i havent seen most of the shit posted as an adult

Damn right. These underagefags need to stick to their Sesame Street if they want to see blood and guts so bad.

there's plenty of real gore on the interbutts these days

Thematically. You fuck. It's HELL. It's the worse thing that can happen to the human spirit, and that is PAIN and SUFFERING.

it's entirely appropriate in such cases.

It's literally only kids that are interested in gore.

minions

>getting cut is worse than depression

fantastic director?

Right?? Like, literally. Omg.

What's the best gore movie and why is it The Burning Moon?

It actually is, faggot. Not that a sheltered emo douche like you would know what serious physical pain is like.

Goosebumps. Spank you user now I have to dig out my bug net for bed tonight

Peter Jackson recreated it based on existing footage/storyboards

youtube.com/watch?v=SOMKnhN7ABs

Shower scenes are there cause its the time when youre most vunerable. I know its not the intent of most horror flicks but I always took it as reaching into the primal aspect of the viewer to make it uneasy because youre in the middle of your house naked its supposed to be a safe place.

I wonder who started this shitty "event horizon is good" meme.

Fans of the movie?

the same way the demons got there

I've seen a lot of films which are literally just Gore for the sake of it, so it doesn't sway me one way or the other these days. I hate CGI though.

I think of anything the film that's given me the most uncomfortable, I guess sickening vibes, is Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 oddly enough. It's bizarre.

>Warhammer 40K
>videogame
come on now user you can do better than that

Nostalgia Critic told me it sucks.