V I D E O CARD

V I D E O CARD.

My current vid card burnt out trying to grade from a : EVGA GeForce GTX 570 Superclocked 1280 MB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 2DVI/Mini-HDMI SLI Ready Limited Graphics Card, 012-P3-1572-AR

Looking for a decent priced video card on amazon. What does /b recommend? Playing GTA on pc looking to spend under $200.00 or a little bit over $100.00.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_qPATXajcrk&t
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127966
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500403R
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Gtx 1060 or rx 480 are probably your best bet

1050 or 1060

r9 290 should be pretty cheap by now. Runs gta v 2560x1080 60 fps high/very high

would that run GTA pretty good? ive been out of the loop in hardware for awhile. Haven't built a pc in like over 5 or more years.

Get a 1050Ti if your main concern is budget
Get a good 1060 or RX 480 if you want to splurge a but.
Also this thread is for Sup Forums mostly

The GTX 1060 is pretty fucking cheap, even new. What is your budget? Also would need to know your CPU otherwise you might just bottleneck whatever you get.

This.

I'd suggest if going for the 1060 to just get a 3GB model if you're sticking to 1080p and/or not going nuts with 4K texture packs for games.
1080p I think is more than enough; I really don't think 4K or even 1440p is worth it at the moment.

used GTX 970

go to amazon and type

MSI GAMING Radeon RX 480 GDDR5 4GB

199.99$

get it

ima try to get the gtx 1070 or 1060

i have the Msi R9 380 is gud card

Don't listen to any of these idiots until you tell us your CPU.

Don't listen to people saying 1060 3GB, get the 1060 6GB version. 3GB won't get you anywhere with high quality games these days.

Seems like this is the way to go List Price: $259.99 now 199.00

This

im getting the 1060 of 6g not 3 because i have the R9 380 and deus ex mankind divided asks me for more than 4g vga ram at max so yeah....

and the 1070 is really not worth buying unless u have 1440 or 4k??

4k is not ready yet

Poorfag is poor. Get you a 1050 or 1060,I forget which one has the TI model. Black Friday is around the corner

>mfw nobody but these three know anything about PCs
>this is why you don't ask for PC advice on Sup Forums

i like spending more on guns when I have extra cash I go buy a vid card. so is y im asking. Need new vid card.

Fair enough.

Rise of the Tomb Raider also needs 4GB+ if doing Ultra settings, if I;m not mistaken.

U see any good vid cards for black friday?

>black friday around the corner
>video cards
>gpu is what games mostly run on
>nigga a 1060 makes ur amd cpu look like intel

we are answering the question op posted, nothing more. how about you go talk about shit no one asked about somewhere else

>thinking that you can get a 1060 with your old CPU that ran with OP's 570
>not knowing what bottlenecking is
>being this stupid

>this is why you don't ask for PC advice from window lickers

Pic related, it's you

who said 570?

amd 6350 4.5ghz 6cores can do the job on fallout 4 perfectly

I'll take the bait: Even with a semi-old, overclocked, quad-core AMD cpu, you're not going to run into a severe bottleneck on your GPU if sticking to 1080p, which is what the vast majority of people play on.

Plus, a lot of people are perfectly content with not maximizing all graphical settings in their games, compromising to get a smooth 60+ FPS.

Plus, RAM is fucking cheap as hell, same with hard drives. There's not really an excuse anymore to not have decent non-GPU components in your rig anymore.

OP did, are you OP? Do you even know what a 570 is?

After looking it up with that processor it looks like there won't be too much bottlenecking, but there is no guarantee.

No. Your reply was eloquent but factually incorrect. You could lose up to 40% performance on many games if you tried to run a 1060 with something like a Phenom X4

Modern games

see if you can get a second hand r9 290 it still kicks ass for being as old as it is.

I have the FX 8530, which GPU should I get? I don't mind dropping a couple hundred.

Should I upgrade Sup Forums? I currently have a GTS 450

fuck I meant AMD FX *8350

With that CPU you can get anything.

This guy had good suggestions. The 1060 is cheap as well and as many have said, black Friday is coming up.

1060 6g all the way, u could go for 1070 but its more expensive and if you dont have 1440 at least i you are not using it to the MAX

Christ, I should have been specific stating what I meant by "semi-old", I did NOT mean something like a Phenom X4.

I was more thinking like quad or hex-core Piledriver processor, overclocked on a Hyper 212 Evo.

That was my main CPU for a while until a couple weeks ago and I experienced 60 FPS+ in almost everything I pushed with a 980TI.

This, user.
I recommend a 1050ti

looking for a pro oppinion

i have the R9 380 4G and i bought it at sale (195$), it is on amazon at like 250+more not even on prime for free sheping kos its not in stock it seems only independent sellers sell it.

So i need someone to explain to me why in the blue fuck is that same video card the MSI R9 380 4gb is on newegg for 500$ DOLLARS? THE FUCK IS THIS! there is even an identical one on sale at 249# next to it! It doesnt make sence....is it because it is not in stock in most places? like they are doing for the NES CLASSIC ( i bought it for a friend at 60$ at wallmart and now allmart is selling it at 500$ WTF!)

just built my first PC, howd I do?

XFX RX 460 4gb outperforms the 1050ti for literally half the price....yeah fuck that noise...get a 460

Different companies have different clock rates and memory frequencies which can increase the price. Check that vs yours.

fuking bastard

huh, still ridiculous price even by newegg standards, i could get a 1080 for that! FUCK!

ya its pretty whack. Check this, same card but some have higher clocks and others have different IO/cooling

lel just messing, my first build since 2010. Finally decided to build a VR rig.

nice, i saw a guy with one on ebay selling it at 550$ and memory clock was at
7010MHz

You could try gtx960 with an i3 6100, runs GTA V on the higher settings at ~ 60 fps. Of course, this is for a budget PC, but it still runs it good. BF 1 at High/Ultra settings as well. Now then, this will cost you upwards of 500$ (the full build), but I'm sure it'd be no problem for you, right?

me 2 actually, from 2010 2 months ago i bought my first rig in forever, feels good to be back, i had a great time with my ps3 with them dark souls series, fuck yes.

Rx 480 beats 1060 in all benchmarks... The 1060 was a rushed card put out because they were scared of AMD's 480 taking the market. It was better on release but after driver updates from AMD and DX12 from AMD the 480 stomps. Not that you care, but for OP.

>howd I do?
>Founder's Edition

>howd I do?

this is literally what happened when I tried to play GTAV on a phenom x4. The GTX760 did fine, but the CPU was pegged the entire time GTA was running, and the game ran at like 15 fps

Got founders card, under 32 GB of RAM.....SMH Also only 1 TB off storage? Im sitting on 9 and it's not enough!

what a minute...i do care for this m8. I am currently saving and am debating these 2 cards exactly, the Rx 480 of 4G or 6G(not sure, deus ex asked an R9 380 4g for more vga ram so i guess 6) or or the GTX 1060 of 6G

i went to this site recomended by my technician friend adn the detailed rating system determines that the 1060 is better
what a minute...i do care for this m8. I am currently saving and am debating these 2 cards exactly, the Rx 480 of 4G or 6G(not sure, deus ex asked an R9 380 4g for more vga ram so i guess 6) or or the GTX 1060 of 6G

i went to this site recomended by my technician friend adn the detailed rating system determines that the 1060 is better

gpuboss com

thoughts?

thoughts?

>pci 2.0
Don't listen to anyone on here... Your motherboard won't support a single graphics card listed. If you are to ever upgrade your computer to a better graphics card then you have to get a new motherboard, cpu, and ram at least. This is damn near a new computer.
This being said your only logical option is to upgrade all this anyway. If you want a budget card I'd go with a 1050ti.

Okay, here is the scenario. The 1060 is at its peak. It won't get MUCH better than it is now. However, the RX 480 supports the newest DirectX and it gets better with every new driver update. Since release it has gotten ~10% better from drivers alone, and it can get ~10% better if your lucky with your memory overclock.

NOW BACK TO GPU BOSS -
The site has the 1060 winning in performance per watt which doesn't matter AT ALL unless you are severely restricted by your PSU situation. Then it wins in noise and power which is stupid in my opinion. Sure it is quieter but it literally can't overclock for shit. Somehow they magically don't have details for gaming performance but I can link a video on youtube which shows the 480 beating the 1060 in BF1.

watch?v=ZxsIOV2AjMc
Note: This is an OLD video. The drivers have gotten better even in this past month.

TL:DR - Rx 480 8GB wins in long run in every which way. The 1060 wins on SOME games AS OF NOW, but won't stay in the lead. GPU Boss is only good if you look at what the 1060 won in and you care about those predetermined categories.

if i have a amd 6350 4.2 with 1060 6g with 16g ram, does it bottle neck? should i just get a better cpu like the 8350?

I would imagine
I can run it decently well on medium with my gtx 960 but I'm only casual gamer scum

>does it bottle neck
Despite what Intel marketers will tell you on Sup Forums, no.

>should i just get a better cpu like the 8350?
Probably won't make a huge difference.

I have a 8320 and games don't really use all 8 cores as of now.

I'd say wait for Zen early next year, but that would mean you'd also have to buy a new motherboard.

Forgot to add. The video in that last comment doesn't overclock either card I don't think. So as of now the base 480 vs base 1060 the base 1060 wins. In DX11. But how long will DX11 stay around? How much better will DX12 get? How good are you at overclocking the 480?

Lots of unknown variables but let us look at something else... The Rx 480 is SO MUCH cheaper. It is cheaper in freesync, cheaper as a card, and cheaper to overclock (Cooling, since your going to need ALOT of that to overclock the 1060.)

i see thank you, dint know the 1060 dint have direct x 12...the ones i see at amazon from Msi say they have dx12.

I downloaded some drivers today for my R9 380 and it is better and with the radion settings even more.

So i i think i might get the Rx 480.....i already have the R9 380 with crossfire.... amazon the MSI GAMING Radeon RX 480 GDDR5 4GB CrossFire is at 199.99...do you recommend using an R9 380 and a Rx 480 with crossfire instead of just one 1060? i dont mind that i have to get more than 500w but yeah....

crossfire with both or instead of just one Rx 480?

so the Rx 480 of 6g or 8g?? or is the 4g enough even though deus ex mankind divided asked my R9 380 4g that it needs more vga ram for utlra?

i just want my firm 60fps at ultra

The 1060 can run DX12 it "has it". The problem is that the card can run it like shit. It loses FPS when it goes into DX12 while the RX 480 picks up the amount it loses. So in DX11 the 1060 wins but in DX12 the RX 480 wins and DX12 is what every game is going to have in the near future.

R9 380 with crossfired Rx 480 will easily out perform 1060. Not to mention DX12 supports multiple GPUs even without retarded bridges nVidia sells. I am not sure how good the 380 and 480 pair but I think they are close enough in performance to pair. Essentially you have to have two closeish cards to run crossfire effectively . Here is a video explaining what can go wrong if your 380 is too slow. Which, I do not think it will be.

/watch?v=UQ1rKNdFlYQ

Here is a short video of DX11 vs DX12

/watch?v=z_JkkqQ9qAg

TL;DR - If the crossfire works because they are close enough together in performance it will be much faster than the 1060. Even might be faster with the 480 alone. I would recommend 1080p and you can easily push over 70/80fps for the next 4 years.

Rx 480 8GB model for future proofing. Crossfire SHOULD work but in some games that really need VRAM you might turn it off and just let the RX 480 go. Definetly get 8GB model. it is only 20$ more.

I think I found a benchmark video of your game. This it? /watch?v=oNF8c9y9GxE

It shows the Rx 480 winning

Not even going to read this thread, But I bet i goes lies this:
>Has no money
>But want to play latest AAA title @ Ultra
>Buy any 960-980, it'll be fine @1080p high-ultra
>hur Dur last gen buy a 10xx, even tho it's 3x your budget for reasons I don't know
>Now op will be stuck wanting wine on a beer budget, stuck with a 980 but wanting a 10xx and forever alone.

And then there is the AMD fag piping in somewhere.

>Not even going to read this thread, But I bet i goes lies this

kek

If I were you, I'd take a break from gaming and wait till black friday comes or passes. I'm sporting a GTX 760 and gonna wait at least 8 months to see what the price of a 1070 is.

thanks alot bro, ive been debating this exact subject for 2 weeks and going crazy with black friday deals and what my close friend recommends even though he just started building pcs but is very smart.

I hate how crossfire does not even work at all in Dark Souls 3 wich for me is a deal breaker, but knowing that i can run it no problem with an Rx 480 is very soothing...

i am torn in this last choice: I have the R9 380 from Msi at 4g crossfire, Should i get the Rx 480 of 4G cross fire so it pairs better with the one i have or fuck it go with the 8g because it can still work and be pimping?

This is a nice upgrade. Currently blowing 1440p out of the water on my 1070. It slays games like GTA V on all ultra settings as long as MSAA is off it pulls me 70+ FPS

Either get a 1050 or RX470. Don't get the 1050ti, it has shitty price/performance.

970 was shitty purchase when it was new because it has crippled VRAM.

Go 8GB. If you want future proof. GTA V at ultra settings takes over 4GBs already. Don't shoot yourself in the foot here and take slightly higher frames but be stuck with low quality textures. If the 380 bottlenecks due to VRAM too much just turn it off. Even without the 380 the Rx 480 beats 1060 in the near future so don't sweat. In current gen games though which take less than 4GB to run turn on that 380 and get hella nice frames while both cards push you far.

Yeah, I'm saving up for a 4k IPS monitor that has at least a 5ms or less response time and runs up to 120hz. Doesn't make sense to buy a new card on a damn 720 TV screen.

Friend just bought one against my advice. Can't run AAA titles at ultra and is tilted. Fucking KEK

>GTX 960
Getting last gen Nvidia GPUs is a terrible idea. Just look at how 700-series performs in new titles against AMD's 200-series. 780ti can't even beat 280x most of the time... and the 280x is supposed to compete with the 770.

Woah, 4k on a 1070? Not sure it will do that well. I would take higher settings and FPS over resolution anyday.

Depending on the size of the screen, 4k resolution means you won't need as much Anti-aliasing.

Eh...you're right. I read articles saying that 4k is stupid unless you have a screen as big as a theatre, but I haven't seen for myself what 4k looks in comparison to 1080, and I want to compare it to a 32 inch or greater. Maybe I need to save up more and longer or just look at the god damn screens at some stupid electronics store. The idea is to at least have something really nice on the eyes and last for the next 4 years. It's confusing on what I should do. Any advice?

What depends on the size of the screen? The FPS? Not at all. FPS is affected by resolution not size of screen. It can be 1x1inch and still have the same amount of rendered pixels or it can be 1kx1kinch and still be the same amount of rendered pixels. GPU does same amount of work in both cases. Anti-Aliasing is only worth it to a point. I do not notice any rough corners or shit on my resolution. Anti aliasing isnt even worth it in my opinion. I value texture quality and effects over everything except fps.

FUCK YES, i can have best of both worlds, i just need a new power suppy and tower so i can finally fit my godam dual water cooling for my amd 6350 4.2ghz hoping to go at 4.8ghz max (says the motherboard but i want to push 5)
So to play Dark souls 3 or games that dont run well with crossfire i just have to switch crossfire off go Rx 480 and for B1or witcher 3....i was going to buy the 1060 an hour ago but now i am going for the RX 480 because Sup Forums is so Cash.
Thnx alot m8, saving money and getting more raw power.

Add me on steam -=|JFH|=-Mastermind or on battlenet CaptMurphy #11573

i can now sleep at night

Yeah. If you have money go for 1440p. The difference between 1080p and 1440p and 4k is HUGE. Literally stunning. However playing at 10 fps will give you headaches and make everything boring.

recommended cards and settings below

1070 - 1440p @ 75FPS
1080 - 1440p @ 144FPS
Titan X Pascal - 4k @ 75FPS

>-=|JFH|=-Mastermind
Added u incase u have problems with ur PC situation I can help

>What depends on the size of the screen?
You don't need AA if the pixel density is so high that you can't see individual pixels.

I spent 179 on my evga 1050ti SC

Oh shit i didnt think of that. How big of a screen? For sure it doesnt matter unless its a like huge ass tv

Ordered this 1080 last week.

Fucking amazon now has their own shipping service and it's trash.

Payed extra to get it on monday, it never showed up.

Ayy nice man. What res and cpu? just curious

1080p monitor for now, 4790k @ 4.5GHz

i orderd everything with amazon prime witch is awesome but the dates of delivery fluctuated ALOT!

dude if u bought the 1080 now a week before Nigger Friday where all sites have a sale to prepare for the huge profit shortage on days before Black friday or Cyber monday? Of course its gonna take forever...wort time of the year to order and expect it to come soon.

Planning on upgrading soon?

Why do you have the spelling skills of a mongoloid?

Once I regain some funds, yepper.

kos im hi as shiet on Platinum Blue dream and typing fast

Dude ur a serious faggit

youtube.com/watch?v=_qPATXajcrk&t

Another vote for the 1050ti.
Recently picked one up for around $125.

>spend under $200.00 or a little bit over $100.00.
You can save money by buying used/refurbished. Newegg has a GTX970 for $190, for example.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127966

Also, an open-box GTX1060 for $208:
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500403R

so basicly you are saying for him to buy a card that not only was launched to battle with rx470 but instead is getting its shit beaten up even by rx460 for almost half the price...

good job user no wonder why nvidiots are such a cucks i guess they took from their leader

This seems as good a place as any to ask, how much as ram speed matter? Like, will I notice much a difference between 2400, 2666, 3000hz ram for gaming purposes?

RAM's only an issue if it's the bottleneck. That'll never happen for normal gaming. Generally speaking, you'd have to deliberately try to fuck your RAM configuration up for it to start being a significant factor.

RAM speed is more noticable for shit like encoding and rendering.