Anyone ever get a really sharp pain in their finger? Seems to hurt for 1 second every minute or so...

Anyone ever get a really sharp pain in their finger? Seems to hurt for 1 second every minute or so.. Never happened before. I'd be worried it was something worse but it's just the tip of my finger, not my arm or anything. I don't even type with that finger.

Anyone?

I offer you traps for your council, med-bro.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/nemunemunnn
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's your age and weight? Your chest hurt?

32, 350, no.

No weirdness, shortness of breath, blurred vision, stress, I even took some aspirin an hour ago. Nothings numb or tingling or the wrong color.

It's right up at the tip of my finger, so weird. Like it were a blockage or something, why would it be so far up my finger and not in my arm?

My tinitus also got real bad an hour or so ago after going away for 2 days.

Numbness or tingling in the fingers may be a sign of a problem with nerves or blood flow.
Some of the causes are blood flow problems (high blood pressure), perhaps an Injury, Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, Nerve problems, Osteoarthritis, Raynaud's phenomenon or Rheumatoid arthritis.

Or it could be something as simple as lifting something heavy and you might have pulled your finger.

I carried a 12 pack of beer tonight by like one finger..

It could be nerve I guess, but it's never hurt at all, but now it hurts bad enough to make my eyes kinda tear up a little.

Was it the same finger that hurts now?

I don't remember.. But I know it was my left hand which is the one on which I have a finger hurting.

It's been hurting for 30 mins now. I guess it sort of makes me feel that if it were something like a blockage, I would be suffering something else by now.

i like this one

more like this

My guess is that you slightly injured the nerve ending on your finger by carrying it in that way. Never carry anything like that (for example plastic bags filled with items in one hand) can cause some circulation problems.

My recommendation is rest and being careful about what medication you take – avoiding certain activities and taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) may help relieve pain.

I also recommend going to a drug store (CVS, Walgreens, etc) and getting a finger splint for that finger. This will reduce movement and help heal what happened.

If you have any pain in your chest go in. That is the thing to be concerned about.

(btw thanks for those pics)

Thanks medanon. I feel a little less freaked out now. I remember yesterday carrying a big ass bag of groceries by the last tip on this finger, then tonight some with the beer.

Source for these pic is a girl on twitter, here's a link.

twitter.com/nemunemunnn

Not the same girl but hot.

I'm sorry boys, that's my best, top shelf trap material. Everyone have a good night.

Thanks again medicalanon.

ah. that makes it even more clear.

You have what is called in scientific terms (this is a joke) Grocery Bag Syndrome (GBS)

In actuality it sounds like a mild form of something called neurapraxia. The good news is that as long as the damage isn’t too severe (i.e. there is not a lot of scar tissue buildup), usually peripheral nerves do typically slowly regenerate.

I still think you should get a finger splint for the finger (fingers?) that hurt. It will help speed up the process.

Also NEVER take in all the bags at once (if using plastic bags or those reusable cloth bags) as that will cause the pinching of the nerves in your hand. I know it is easier to grab everything at once and bring it in but that is not something you want to experience again.

I recommend getting a plastic crate. They sell those at Target and Costco and other places. Leave that in the trunk of your car or if you are walking to the store get one of those small dollys and attach the crate to it. Then you can roll your groceries home.

Good luck and thanks or those pics!