How the hell do I choose a career, Sup Forums?

How the hell do I choose a career, Sup Forums?

I'm awful at math. I feel like I could be better at it if I had a good math teacher and I actually applied myself but I have no idea how to do either.

I'm pretty good at English but writing is painfully boring to me and I have a hard time learning new languages (took 4 years of Spanish and don't remember a thing)

I love art, but who doesn't? There's literally no jobs and I'm not about to get a degree in something where there's almost no potential in the industry.

Feeling at a bit of a loss here. So far the things I've seriously considered are Engineering, but I'm shit at math. Computer science, but I'm shit at math and some sort of bullshit arts degree which will lead to nothing

It's not like you need to absolutely love your future job. Just pick something. Whatever brings food on your family's table will do.

it chooses you user, it chooses you

I'd rather have a liberal arts degree and make jack shit than go into a field I'm not interested in

I regret not becoming a teacher tbqh
>pension
>summers off
>random workshop days
>kids dont know if u are hungover
>show movies when you feel like it
>'respectable' job in society

and from what i've seen, the base pay is shit. But i know tons of teachers who make near 6 figures after a lot of years.

Sounds like you should go into a softer science. You'll only need basic calc and stats.

>Whatever brings food on your family's table will do.
reading comprehension
you need it

I also know alot of teachers that are unemployed, user. That fields really oversaturated from what I hear

Science is something I'm interested in, something to do with space maybe

I'd try a different board user, maybe /diy/ or something less retarded than Sup Forums

I have a bullshit liberal arts degree and I deliver pizza full time. I'm thinking about getting my masters to become a librarian but I want to work in a library first to see if I'll even like it. Problem is, like every job, every low level library position wants at least a years worth of library experience.

I should have just gone to trade school and become a plumber or a mechanic or some shit.

I have a relative that is a teacher. Hates it. Is underpaid and overworked. Long hours, principal asks them to do more than required, then bitches when all the work is done. Parents of students are retards they say. Been teaching for 23 years, only at 65kyr salary but at least health care is good and free. In midwest USA for demographic

Take a trade you'll make good wage, better workplaces and you won't be put in crippling debt

Well astrophysics and astronomy tend to be heavy on the math.

Isn't /diy/ where all the dads hang out? Seems like a really dad type board and not the kinda place where this thread would fit

Exactly why I don't want a degree in arts. Nobody is hiring artists and if they are there's 1,000 other people that can do it better

I'm pretty interested in blacksmithing but I feel like that would be long, hot days for not a very great pay

This.
> 2 year associates in HVAC costs me 6k
> Easy work
> Steady work
> 75k + benefits /yr and all overtime i want

The first thing you need to realize is that no matter what you choose it is not going to be easy. So accept that.

I promise you that math is the same for everyone and it is just a matter of your attitude and making sure you have solid foundations. You can go on khan academy website and start as basic as you need. If you choose engineering you need to learn everything 100 percent early on because it is only going to get harder and escalate quickly.

Personally I would either teach myself to program or go to trade school. Honestly, I only stay in college because I am tired of quitting everything, I already have debt, and I guess it has some tiny amount of bullshit respect in it.

God dammit

I've been using khan academy for probably 2-3 years now. I just can't fucking grasp it

>blacksmithing
No money there. Get into welding thats where the money is at, especially if you're willing to do the really dangerous jobs

Am I really shit at maths?

I was think more along the lines of sociology, biology, environmental sciencemaybe even medicine.

I'm doing my bachelor's in enviro rn.

It's a metric or balance of what you're good at or your skills, what you enjoy or at least can tolerate and what pays really really well.

Balance those three for your perfect career.

Khan academy is shit man. Get some good textbooks and do it the hard way. Practice practice practice. You'll be fucking golden.

What about law? Can earn money with that and you won't need math. Being good at English also helps

That's what I figured. Welding sounds cool, might give that a shot

My parents are both traditional doctors (acupuncturists, chiropractors etc) and they make good money, I've got no interest in that though.

What I'm good at has no money and what and what I enjoy I don't have the ability to do professionally

I feel like at this point I'd have to go back to fucking 5th grade math to get a grasp on it

That could maybe work

Idk dude I know I will probably never be a silk or a QC or of any significant standing not to mention dunno what will happen money wise.
One thing I learnt is you need to be able to talk the talk otherwise people think ur dumb like they think I am now.

If you really want to get better do whatever you gotta do.

I like the idea of sitting in the back and not having to be in the light. I liked the idea of cs/ce. I eat sleep and shit technology and shit. I love it. But again its like can I really do this. Can I be like really really fucking good at this? Not sure.

tell me more plz

Law is like a completely new thing to me. Its like a challenge and I almost want to do it but then again I did this is shit as a challenge to improve those other aspects of me like social shit etc but that's been a big fucking fail.

So yes I'm stuck. I need some hands on experience of one or preferably both of these memes to know what's up. I'm not stupid enough to fall for that university marketing shit. Fool me once etc.

You don't neccessarily have to talk to people a lot. There also lawyers who spent most of their time drafting contracts or doing similar work. I'd say the bigger the company is you work for, the less you have to talk to people

>What I'm good at has no money
Masturbation doesn't count.

If you're actually kind of intelligent despite being shitty at maths and want to get into tech, try IT. A sysadmin gets paid more than some engineers and basically sits around checking things are still fine. You'll get paid to masturbate if you learn to work remotely and answer phones.

Or you can get into welding...

Law won't work unless you actually enjoy studying, it means memorising a surprising amount.

At very least play to your strengths.

Sciences. Get into sciences or IT. A lotta jobs in those areas.

Accounting. Any dumb shit can do it. Good job prospects and pay if you put in a bare minimum of effort

Heating AC and Ventilation, easy work. Have to be somewhat mechanically inclined but there is always something new to learn in this trade. Keeps it interesting.

IT sounds like it would be good, I have a couple friends that make bank in IT

Doesn't accounting require alot of math...?

The money is in practice or at least a law firm or something. How long will you just be a faggot and prep cases eventually you will want more. You will want to present/take it to court. I know I will.

accounting is always a good fall back
if not the military is the best place for a shit bag
a few years around bubba motivate you

McDonald's.

Don't know what else to say. If you want a better job pursue higher education and this time work hard at it. If you rule out the sciences and English then you have nothing.

This is like crazy. Why must I do this shit? I already said I wanted to actually do some of this is shit in work while studying something else but that wasn't good enough for you
Then you changed it from cs to anything.
Now you're like ohhh I guess I was wrong now you take this whatever job.
What the fuck man. What is this shit

I didn't rule out English or science you did. You literally said I'm shit at math.

Then somewhere you memed in actor
This is like ridiculous. Its a nice thought but my actual situation is steadfastly worsening by the day and you are just fucking around pushing out new ideas like farts

Go into OHS... good pay, plenty of jobs. A retard could do the job it's so easy

Are you incapable of reading. Help me pick one of the existing options stop making these new fucking jobs you fuck

Just wanna point out that this isn't OP ^

Thread instantly died after that. ok

A lot of basic arithmetic. You'll never touch any math beyond elementary school level

Alright, then I guess star gazing is back on the list of possibilities

*accounting
Astronomy/astrophysics is heavy as fuck on advanced math

Is film a viable career? I know photography is impossible but what about directing n' all that?

God dammit

Well?