Yes

Why

a lot of people are touched by his movies but I wouldn't call him influential

john carpenter? more like john KEKenter AYYYYYYYYY GOT EM

Yes

who?

He was woke

Hes a nutcase, always yelling and complainig

Made one of the greatest movies ever made and other great movies, I would say he is influential.

what's his best soundtrack?
does he ever perform any of his music live?

>is john carpenter influential

> Makes 'Halloween'
> Someone else makes 'Friday the 13th'

is John Carpenter influential?

He is, but for all the wrong reasons.
It's not his style or techniques, but the general content of his films that is imitated.

Yes. The market was flooded with slasher films after he made Halloween, which was one of the most profitable films in history based on ROI. Even though he pretty much copied Black Christmas, his film still set the bar for every slasher film afterwards.

>does he ever perform any of his music live?
He's on tour right now.

theofficialjohncarpenter.com/tour/

Yes.
What? He's objectively very influential. Countless films have blatantly ripped off Halloween.

halloween was definitely one of the earliest to adopt all those american horror tropes, but i think its a shitty movie exactly for that reason.
Its just like a shitty horror movie that showed people how to make shitty horror movies.
The Thing will always be his masterpiece

yes

Yeah, more than you'll ever know if you have to ask

Fuck halloween, they ripped off the mask from the real masterpiece

not nice desu

>Halloween
>shitty
It has an amazing atmosphere. Countless shitty horror movies ripped off the basic concepts of Halloween but very few recreated the suspense filled atmosphere that Halloween had. Most of the ripoffs cared more about titties and gore than tension.

Fuck Eyes Without a Face, they ripped off the mask from the real masterpiece.

>He is, but for all the wrong reasons.
>It's not his style or techniques, but the general content of his films that is imitated.
This used to be true but over the last years a bunch of new filmmakers have been imitating Carpenter's style.