The Martian

What was your favorite most epic line from this movie?

Mine was either
>"I'm gonna have to science the **** out of this"
or
>"I need more coffee"

What a funny flick!

I've never seen this movie, what do I think of it?

I liked it when he arrogantly chuckled after everything he said

>I didn't come all the way out to Mars just to get cucked by an alien!
Gave me a chuckle.

>"I'm gonna have to science the **** out of this"
well this is a meme on /sci/ so yeah

It really made me think

BRING

HIM

HOME

Interstellar for retarded

A little more simplified than the book. He was supposed to accidentally kill the radio when he was drilling the holes, and do the entire journey by himself where he also accidentally tips over the entire rover going down a steep-ass incline. If I remember right, in the book he's not stupid enough to try and "Iron Man" out of the pod, he just waits for them until they reach it themselves.

It was good though. Anyone who's pissed off at the fact that parts of it were light-hearted clearly didn't read the source material. It was already a flick when it was just a book.

i bet dude can grow some bomb weed

Also, they should have canned the tiny romance subplot between the two other ARIES astronauts. In the book there were a couple emails that set it up and allow it to exist, but in the movie it was just thrown in at the last second to be included.

Real answer here: the Elrond council bit. It was so memey and meta, the only thing in the whole movie that I loved.

Yeah, I thought the movie did just about everything right. It could have cut even more like you say the romantic subplot and it could have just cut Donald Glover's entire appearance altogether.

Something I liked about the movie was that they did more "showing" instead of "telling" like how they showed the aftermath of his cursing into the chat live in front of everyone on Earth; I don't remember if that was in the book but it was a moment where I thought film does a better job showing how goofy this guy was. Like how when the Hermes pilot was jokingly typing how nobody missed Watney.

It was definitely easier to swallow watching it than reading about it. Whereas reading about all the scientific details was way more interesting than watching it.

I don't often feel this way but I thought both the film and book executed the story very well in their respective mediums, though differently.

The whole set of "I'm stuck with Jessica Chastains disco music" lines. They just kept coming back to that

It was terrible and brought up way too often in the book too. Could have just been a one-liner.

A non-shitpost on Sup Forums
>wew lad

Back in my day, it wasn't unheard of for whole threads to be devoid of pointless, angry shitposting.

>"I'm going to have to reddit the shit out of this"
What did he mean by this?

I liked when he said that he was a space pirate

The best part about this movie was the thought of eating that girl's poop. Pretty mediocre otherwise. I don't get the hype.

I think what could have been done much better is instead of those times where he's just talking into the video-journal (obviously for budgetary reasons) they just have scenes of him doing work and having him voice-over those moments.

Like when he's having work-montages they could have had him monologuing the space pirate stuff or bitching about everyone's choice in music and TV.

>Mark types "upvoted" in response to a message from the crew

WATERLOO

FINALLY FACIN MY WATERLOO

lool poopy potatoes

more like

pootatoes

>POE-TAY-TOES
>boil 'em, mash 'em, put 'em in some poo
What did he mean by this?

Castaway in space. It was pretty good

If you think the movie was bad, try reading the book.

The "humor" in that is basically unbearable. The movie cut it down by about 90% and it's still fucking awful.

The book is pretty damn good...if you can get by all the attempted humor, which you basically can't, so in reality the book was ruined by that.

pirate-ninjas

nah fuck that