Birth of a Nation

Who else is ready for the film of the year?

youtube.com/watch?v=i18z1EQCoyg

Can't believe it's taken this long for this to be put on the big screen.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nat_Turner's_slave_rebellion
youtube.com/watch?v=I3kmVgQHIEY
youtube.com/watch?v=hYcx43AmAyY
thepatronsaintofsuperheroes.wordpress.com/2012/12/17/batmans-debt-to-the-kkk-or-the-origin-of-an-origin/
civil-war.net/pages/1860_census.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Horse
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Seminole_War
youtube.com/watch?v=056FI2Pq9RY
americancivilwar.com/authors/black_slaveowners.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=n2hOn3gruAw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pc nazis dindus cuck jew we wuz kangs

>look mummy I posted it again!

don't care
I'm not a nigger and I don't suffer white guilt

Awfully touchy ain't we?

Looks pretty good

The original will forever be remembered as the first great motion picture. This one will be forgotten a week or two after being released. Also looks like this new one does a great job showing exactly why the KKK had to be formed, so in that sense it accidentally accomplishes the same thing the first film accomplished intentionally. The KKK were in fact the first capeshit superheroes, they were vigilante crimefighters who struck fear in the hearts of violent blacks and punished them for their crimes.

There's an original?

Go glorify child rapists somewhere else.

Birth of the nation of Islam?

*cough*
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nat_Turner's_slave_rebellion
*cough*

There was widespread fear in the aftermath of the rebellion, and white militias organized in retaliation against the slaves. The state executed 56 slaves accused of being part of the rebellion. In the frenzy, many non-participant slaves were punished. At least 100 African Americans, and possibly up to 200, were murdered by militias and mobs in the area. Across the South, state legislatures passed new laws prohibiting education of slaves and free black people,[3] restricting rights of assembly and other civil rights for free black people, and requiring white ministers to be present at all worship services.

Probably b8, but here you go:

youtube.com/watch?v=I3kmVgQHIEY

The original was based on a play called the Clansman and tells the story of how the KKK was formed to protect women and society in general from the recently freed slaves who were mostly freed specifically to fuck up the South's shit since some faggoty Union politicians wanted to punish the South for rebelling and knew emancipation would result in blacks running amok, raping white women, trashing their surroundings, etc.

Good. Serves them right for looking similar to the rebels.

Isn't Nat Turner the guy who murdered a bunch of babies in their cribs?

Will this be in the movie?

We don't need your cuck editorial, Sup Forums

>anyone who is aware of facts and reality is from Sup Forums

ok.

>some movie about some disgusting schwartze killing goys
>not the MOTY that shows the fat neckbearded stormweenies how delusional they really are when they trivialize the suffering of the chosen race of avraham avinu
youtube.com/watch?v=hYcx43AmAyY

The chutzpah on these shlemiel to release that obvious Oscar bait around the same time this masterpiece in modern cinema is coming out that will once and for all prove that the holocaust really happened and anyone thinking otherwise still lives in his moms basement fixating about "muh survival of the white race and muh jewish lies", while doing nothing about it.

You mean like every other rebel in history? Women and Children don't suddenly disappear in most other rebellions.

jews wearing samurai clothes??
i thought the jew feared the samura

>kino classics

Closed the video right there.

I'm pretty sure that company name was in place before the Sup Forums 'kino" meme began.

>those dislikes
>those comments

Was the meme stolen from the Don Juan forums?

Looks pretty good tbqh

It'll probably alright kinda looking forward the ending since we all know how every slave rebellion in the US turned out

wtf I hate white people now!

Daily reminder that white people did not start slavery but we did end it. White people were the first in history to realize the atrocity and the affront to God that is slavery, and we stopped it, killing our own people and destroying our own nation in the process, as was necessary. That's the level of compassion and belief in doing what is right that white people have.

See the trailer in theaters. First thing I thought was that Sup Forums is going to get especially insufferable in October.

How will you be able to tell the difference?

Are they going to show him murdering children?

>I don't suffer from white guilt so i avoid history that portrays my ancestors in an accurate light
Lol

>''''''''my ancestors'''''''''

>Whites did everything good
>Jews did e erything bad
Believe whatever you want, it won't stop the cuckening

He already said he doesn't care and nor should he about what his ancestors did. Try to follow what user says first.

Sure its Sup Forumss fault laughable garbage ends up in theaters.

3% of the South (less than half of the U.S.) owned slaves. Plus tons if white Europeans immigrated after slavery ended.

you're wives boyfriend will just have to go to reddit for a month

>KKK forming in the late 1860s has anything to do with a slave rebellion in the early 1830s

literally stupid: the post

>falling for century-old propaganda

good job dumb-dumb

>killing our own people and destroying our own nation in the process
>the world is america

every other white country except for brazil managed to do it around 50 years beforehand without killing 625,000 of their own citizens

This is well documented, the KKK was a vigilante group mostly fueled by concern about the raping and violence committed by recently freed blacks.

>Slave rebellions 34 years before emancipation have anything to do with the actions of freed slaves or white vigilantes after the Civil War ended

Was John Brown also to blame for the existence of the KKK?

>civil war was fought over freeing niggers

Dankest meme in history.

>After seeing his homeland under “Negro rule,” future Klan leader Ben Cameron sits alone “In agony of soul over the degradation and ruin of his people.” A group of children appear as if in answer. Two white children place a white sheet over their heads, and the black children are terrified by the ghostly sight. “The inspiration.” Cameron stands, now ready to act. “The result. The Ku Klux Klan . . . .” In the next frame sit three mounted Clansmen in full costume.
>The sequence prefigures not only Batman’s three-panel origin structure—hero alone, chance inspiration, first image of costumed persona—but also the “superstitious” rationalization for the disguise.

thepatronsaintofsuperheroes.wordpress.com/2012/12/17/batmans-debt-to-the-kkk-or-the-origin-of-an-origin/

Remember that "criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot" line Batman says numbers of times in various media? Batman is literally the KKK.

>the KKK was a vigilante group mostly fueled by concern about the raping and violence committed by recently freed blacks.

Nah, they were originally formed as a Sons of Malta-style fraternal social club by a bunch of ex-Confederate soldiers, and "ludicrous initiations, the baffling of public curiosity, and the amusement for members were the only objects of the Klan."

This is what happens when you get all your historical knowledge from Sup Forums infographics.

>It's over three fucking hours long
Jesus Christ that's long even for a movie now, back then it must have been unheard of.

This is much truer than many people will today admit. Many municipal and county governments were majority-black in the immediate aftermath of the war, and governed approximately as well as the ANC does today. It was that dysfunction, and in some cases violent chaos, that led to the formation of Redshirt/Klan militia, poll taxes/intimidation, and Jim Crow. 1865-70 was a pretty dark time for the South.

Blacks are simply unfit to govern even themselves, let alone European-style bureaucracies.

1) 34 years is an extremely short span of time in history
2) Are you under the impression I'm saying that was the *only* reason behind the emergence of the KKK as a vigilante group? That slave rebellion was just one of many similar examples of blacks chimping out both before and after the Civil War. These chimpouts were most definitely the motivation for the KKK's emergence and pursuit of extralegal street justice, why the fuck else do you think that happened?

Both The Clansman and The Birth of a Nation is notoriously inaccurate when it comes to the exact events and circumstances under which the Klan was originally formed.

>originally

You see that word you used there? It's the reason why both that and the fact they began operating as a vigilante group are both true things. The one led to the other pretty quickly when they realize their secret society practices frightened superstitious blacks.

People had longer attention spans prior to TV and the internet happening. Three hours wouldn't seem even the slightest bit boring or unpleasant to audiences back then.

>The one led to the other pretty quickly when they realize their secret society practices frightened superstitious blacks.

Actually it was more to do with general Southern discomfort over Northern Reconstruction legislature, especially the 14th and later 15th Amendments, and the fact that Southern state governments were being controlled by Northern carpetbaggers and the occupying Northern army.

>it was more to do

I'm pretty sure more blacks were lynched by klansmen than white northerners, but feel free to correct me with a cited source arguing the opposite.

More like movies weren't as big of a business and had not yet reached "set" times for movie length. Intolerance, his next film, was over 4 hours long.

Well they targeted both but it was a lot easier to get away with violence against blacks than against whites, especially white Northerners. Northerners were still fairly detached from Southern issues and Congress wasn't entirely unified on the issue so the Enforcement Acts of the 1870s weren't upheld everywhere in terms of local law enforcement in every town and county of the South, but it was still very difficult to lynch rich white Northerners and get away with it.

In fact, the reputation of violent lynchings the KKK is now famous for should be more accurately associated not with the 1st Klan but with the 2nd Klan that appeared halfway through the 1910s and lasted until the Second World War. The first Klan's activities usually consisted of attacking black members of the Loyal Leagues with gunfire and intimidating southern Republicans and Freedmen's Bureau workers. They used to threaten lynching but that wasn't standard practice the first Klan, which, by the way, didn't last for very long at all and was already fading into obscurity by the mid-1870s. By the time of the 1877 Compromise the original Klan had all but disappeared. The arguably more dominant white vigilante group that was active during the Reconstruction was the White Man's league active during the 1870s, whose modus operandi was turning Republicans out of office and intimidating freedmen from voting and organising politically.

Pic related is a cartoon from an Alabama independent paper showing the KKK threatening to lynch Ohio carpetbaggers.

It's realistic to say that the original Klan was given a retroactive reputation based on the actions and behaviour of its follower. There was a sort of Southern mania and nostalgia over the original Klan during the period that The Birth of Nation was made and the Second Klan was formed.

four hours of pure kino

>carpetbagger still clutching ohio carpetbag as he's being lynched

fucking gold

This. Besides, probably like 50% of the world's population today has ancestors who were slavers. We shouldn't get over whose grand parents, or great grand parents had slaves because it's not like it's a genetic disposition to be more likely to own slaves. Why does it matter?

>literally

No, that would still be figuratively and even that isn't really logically truthful

Do you think the movie will show them killing innocent women and children or will that just get glossed over and ignored?

hol up, doe dis meen we gottza gif referation to myselves?

shyeeeeeeeeeeeet

I don't have any problem with how the KKK treated blacks.

Necessary evil.

That never happened, user.

The movie is basically historical revisionism glorifying a psychopath murderer.

Hell, at this point, I expect that not only will they gloss over that minor details, he'll be made a direct descendant of a Pharaoh too.

IT'S 2016

ITS 2016 FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!

>Fighting for freedom is bad
Why is everyone suddenly acting like such things usually go down without blood letting?

>KKK was capeshit
K L A N M A N. O F. M U R D E R

Movies were much shorter back then fedoralord

>I kind of sold this project to investors and cast on legacy. I honestly think this is a film that could start a conversation that can promote healing and systemic change in our country. There's so many things that are happening right now in 2015 — 100 years after the original 'Birth of a Nation' film, here we are. I'd say that is what I hope sets my film apart, is that it's relevant now — that people will talk about this film with the specific intention of change.

Yeah, probably.

reality is propaganda?

Go take a drive anywhere in the US where niggers rule and see how it is.

It's bad because Sambo cannot handle freedom. Look at Apartheid South Africa. Worst they had was that Sambo couldn't go to certain beaches or drink from certain fountains. Look at post-Apartheid South Africa. It's a fucking post-apocalyptic hellscape where you can't walk down the street to get groceries without getting raped a hundred times and Sambo rapes newborns to cure his HIV (which is a myth concocted by whitey according to a former Sambo President of theirs).

And the retarded liberals throughout the west who were responsible for it calls it "progress"

I'm not american nor white, according to the Sup Forumsint/ scale of whiteness, so i don't give a fuck about this shitty drama.

Clever and original.

Retard.

>the actions of African slave traders absolves the US government of upholding slavery

The Brits practiced slavery and the US did afterwards its was an accepted custom until people started to point out it was bad. In the eyes of the slavers it was like the north was trying to give freedom to there dogs. I'm sure you'd be pissed if someone wanted to give your dog the same rights that you have.

>3% of the South
no
civil-war.net/pages/1860_census.html

>in the eyes of soulless shitheads outlawing slavery was offensive
Well this changes everything.

Yeah except a whole lot of those other rebels aren't being depicted as ultimate saviors that do no wrong on large motion picture films.

I guess being a rebel did not pay of eh.
>put down in 2 days.
kek.
>did Christ not suffer
faggot thinks his Jesus

Racism has protected us from the godless hordes for centuries, we dropped it for a couple of decades and look what happened

>The original was based on a play called the Clansman and tells the story of how the KKK was formed to protect women and society in general from the recently freed slaves

The Klan was originally a frat meant to scare blacks.

>a film depicting amerifats getting rightfully btfo
>a film that will justly make amerifats feel guilty for thinking it was ok to literally OWN other people

As a Canadian that despises fucking fat ass amerifats, I'm more than ready to see this movie.

Literally fuck America.

More films like this should be made.

You fat fucks should be reminded of how awful and shitty you are.

There should be a film depicting tons of poor famished middle easterners getting blown to smitherines and bits by your EVIL Air Force

There should be films of how your police brutalize and oppress blacks

You fat fucks.

You lecherous whores.

America is a nation built upon EVIL and OPPRESSION.

Fuck America and fuck ALL of the Americans reading this comment.

>this is pretty much the only historical fact that people like to deny.
why are people so self centered? people deny anything from holocaust to Armenian Genocide.
>The movie will end with a bunch of auschwitz survivors testifying
Do you think we will get one about electric eels or room of spinning blades?

why haven't they made a movie about the second Seminole war yet

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Horse
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Seminole_War

The world ended.

its not like the soviets or anyone else liked the jews, how did things end up like this?
looks like bathrobes not even jedi robes just bathrobes

Thank god only minorities are allowed to have murderous gangs now. #Hillary2016

>this is a country of immigrants
>all white people were here before 1860

liberals

Well 8% then. Not even one in ten.

could not they get actual black people?

people love washing history. that is why spartacus was a hero in his tv show instead of a slave trader with his own interests

WE WUZ DW GRIFFITH N SHEIT

the same happened to a kid that was forced to watch too many black history month documentaries
maybe Sup Forums does care more about blacks than women, I mean
youtube.com/watch?v=056FI2Pq9RY
dropped off fast

If you include the white people in the North, it means that only 1.4 percent of white Americans owned black slaves at the height of slavery.

americancivilwar.com/authors/black_slaveowners.htm

then again this movie did not stay on 1 page for long
youtube.com/watch?v=n2hOn3gruAw