Why does the general public (including Sup Forums) hate Alien 3?

Why does the general public (including Sup Forums) hate Alien 3?

Does the rape attempt scene trigger you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2kOdKgSVv6Y
youtu.be/XSq-0xsi7wM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>back to survival horror
>dark atmosphere
>super intense chase scenes

how can you not like alien3?

bad cgi, and the plot is lame, alien Resurrection is pretty good desu familia

It was too little and too late because James Cameron had already killed the franchise with his action popcorn flick called Aliens.

Because Alien only came to public attention when Cameron turned it into a "muh marines" action movie. Returning it to it's old roots made everyone angry that it wasn't Ripley vs an Alien King or something.

that shit is stupid

i hate aliens. newt is annoying as fuck. glad she died. alien3 is the second best easily

the xeno isn't cgi. it's a rotoscoped puppet that was shot in front of a bluescreen.
yes, it doesn't look that great, but from a technical standpoint it's very impressive.

Is Alien 3 actually similar to Alien? I love the original Alien but I just gave up on the franchise after seeing Aliens(2) because I don't like retarded movies.

watch it....watch the assembly cut

yes,definitely. it's back to one alien and no weapons.

The movie is a fucking incoherent mess. Stop being a contrarian.

Lmao watch the assembly cut.

what's incoherent about it?

Is this a thing? I've only seen the theatrical release.

Its literally because Newt and Hicks died.

Assembly cut is a meme. It just barely attempts to fix all the shit wrong with Alien3 but fails miserably like that fat kid in gym class who tries to mask his BO with AXE, but ends up smelling even worse.

>Does the rape attempt scene trigger you?
No, this scene does

yes

its quite different

>killed of all the survivors of the previous film except ripley in the first few minutes because they couldn't figure out what to do with them
the rest of the movie was fine, but i think this lazy piece of writing in the very beginning put off a lot of people.

glad that bitch died

glad

glad they were worthless surviving in the first place having them get murdered infront of ripley would have made aliens better. kek newt is the worst character ever based fincher

this, fucking this. Alien 3 is easily the equivalent to Aliens if not Alien

b-but hudson is fine, r-right?

you sure like saying glad a lot bucko
OP asked why the movie triggered people, newtt and hicks dying in the cheapest laziest way possible is probably the answer, your shitty opinion's got nothing to do with it.

i love all the alien movies, don't even see a point in ranking them, i just love em and laugh at people complicating and complaining

100% this

disagree = redditor

GAME OVER

is it even possible for you to talk about a movie without shitposting?

You know why Fincher is based? Because even he knows that Alien3 was shit, admits as such and has moved on with his life...why haven't you? Before you attempt to reply to that, it was a rhetorical question

It's ok user, he died shooting aliens in the face while shouting fuck you.
He died a good death, unlike Hicks and Newt.

why do you even come to Sup Forums, la?

Alien3 needs defending though.

People are missing out.

Some of the imagery in it is exquisitely bleak.

The production was a clusterfuck. It is perfectly understandable that the man has distanced himself from something that was so far short of his intentions.

That doesn't mean there isn't some great stuff in it.

Thought the rape attempt was pretty hot 2bh

rest in peace ultimate badass

If Newt and Hicks were present for say the first half hour before dying, I wouldn't have been as pissed

You can just tell they lazily written out

it has a boss poster, i'll give it that, but killing off newt and hicks aside, the characters of the prisoners just weren't on the level of the space marines or the nostromo crew. they were just sort of unmemorable. also every line of dialogue in aliens is extremely quotable.

Dillon more than makes up for them all

forgot youtu.be/2kOdKgSVv6Y

It's just not very good. Lacking characters to give a shit about is probably the most glaring flaw. No one's going to feel sad over mentally unhinged prison rapists being killed. And they cut out the two characters audiences cared about the most other than the main character right from the start. Stupid move.

Then there's the fact that we're expected to feel scared over one alien when the previous movie was an entire colony of them. It's basically a return to the first film only with less likeable characters and no surprises/suspense (like the robot reveal), and we already know how the Alien works and watched tons of them get gunned down.

Then there's this alien queen growing in Ripley's brain. How did it get there? Why is it in her brain instead of her chest? Why is this one a queen? Never explained, and we never even see it come to fruition because she kills herself.

Overall, it's only really bad by the franchise standards up to that point. If it wasn't a continuation of the Alien series it would just be another okay flick.

based roc

it had a pretty cool sega genesis game, one of the few video games that have a female protagonist

youtu.be/XSq-0xsi7wM

The production was mired in problems, which of course always seep out and result in poor reviews -regardless- of how good the movie is. The director himself panned it. And if that wasn't enough, you can today look into what Alien 3 was supposed to have been instead of what it is.

None of this puts the movie in a good light, and when you join what was already established as an horror-then-action first couple of sci-fi movies then dispense with the sci-fi nearly in its entirety and shovel in a really incomplete religious subplot, it's easy to see why it doesn't work.

It's not pretty or spectacular, there's no sense of wonder or discovery, it's not tense because inmates are hardly a threat to Ripley AND because it's hard to give a toss what happens to anyone of them other than Ripley and it's in the end unfulfilling for killing off the only likeable character for a poorly realized arc.

It had a pretty wild heart but it got lost in pre-production and it ended up reeking of a project that nobody really had a hand in anymore and that just got made because something had to come of it.

>It's not pretty or spectacular, there's no sense of wonder or discovery, it's not tense because inmates are hardly a threat to Ripley AND because it's hard to give a toss what happens to anyone of them other than Ripley and it's in the end unfulfilling for killing off the only likeable character for a poorly realized arc.
top kek aliens is even shittiee

Like yours?

So let me get this straight: hating a James Cameron movie DOESN'T make you a redditor. Yep, solid logic here.

Huh. Alien was, adjusted for inflation, a higher grossing movie than Aliens.

You guys need to stop making up bullshit.

Why you want a mannequin and a lame? I feel like the don't aport more to the story

TBF all Alien sequels were crap compared to the original.

But don't fret. At least 3 is still better than Prometheus. Which is the exact film I expect to be turned into a meme next, when all the Zak Sneijder """"fans"""" get bored.

Because it's 3 movies in and we are still unclear on the bonus situation, leaving such a central question unanswered for so long is just poor storytelling leading to audience frustration.

>At least 3 is still better than Prometheus.
I thought the same, la, thought that Prometheus is trash, but I watched it again, and i absolutely loved it. It is really, really good in terms of tying up a lot of things, not really a horror flick by any means doe

>2016
>still no good Alien 3 r34
Unacceptable

I'd be tempted to grant you a point, if only because I thought Inception was shit the first time and didn't think it was that bad on a rewatch.

I have, however, seen Prometheus twice as well and I reckoned it got worse on the 2nd viewing.

Nice trips.

Alien^3, especially its original cut, is noted in film history for having terrible, confused pacing, being a cynical cash-grab (albeit most third installments can be characterized in this way, it's not unique to Alien^3), and most of all, its tortured creative process, creating a particularly bleak film, and, I would argue, not in the good artistic way. For all of these reasons, director David Fincher has famously disowned the film.

I respond to these threads p. regularly these days (covert fox shilling for new projects? I seem to remember the OP image from a very recent thread. ah well), but it always bears repeating that almost all of the characters are unlikeable.

I never stated my opinion?
Save for that the rest of the movie was ok, and yes, that does have nothing to do with OP's question, your point?

will the bonus situation ever be resolved?

the characters in aliens are unlikeable

Kek

because its shit and the first two were fucking gold ponyboy.

>aliens
>gold

Why does Aliens get all the hate? I thought it was pretty entertaining throughout, with likable characters, who deliver some great one-liners, and a well fleshed out sci-fi universe.

No. The Marines start out unlikeable, but /they're Marines/, they're supposed to banter with each other and give each other shit.

Ripley wants to Stick It To The Man and we want her to. Sup Forums hates the daughter angle, which humanizes the character, largely because Sup Forums are not parents.

Newt is not some totally useless brat macguffin. She helps out with the barricading and most importantly, leads the surviving team (all two of them) out of the complex toward the end. There is a telling scene while getting out the queen's nest where Newt yells, "behind US!", emphasis on the Us, the point being that the two have bonded by this point and Newt is still making herself useful. Bear in mind that the character is a little kid who is under extreme duress, and realistically she could be excused for being whiny and/or useless.

Hicks is quiet, and quickly aligns with Ripley's project.

The group respects Apone, but fully half the party are dead to conclude the first (second?) act.

The setup of the Bishop character leads us at every step of the way to believe that he will betray the group, Ash out on them, but he turns out to be true blue.

Even sleazeball Burke, who is /supposed/ to be unlikeable, is delivered well by Paul Reiser. Reiser's Burke is the Man to whom it is Stuck.

The films two real assholes are Burke and Gorman (and to a lesser extent Hudson), but the latter two have the opportunity to pyrrichally redeems themselves within a few minutes of each other.

Only 4 scenes really ever stood out to me in alien 3. The fact that Newt and Hicks were unceremoniously killed off at the beginning, alien coming out of the dog, talking to fucked up Bishop, and the hilarious rape attempt (I fucking love the part when that one guy pulls down his goggles and starts yelling like he's hyped for rape party).

After a great work of art has been around for about a generation, it becomes fashionable for the younger generation to push back on it or re-assess / shit-talk it. This started happening with the Beatles' catalogue more fervently around the turn of the millenium (Sup Forums), and now Sup Forums feels obliged to hate on pew-pew-pew space marines despite the film's god-tier pacing and stakes-raising.

>Huh. Alien was, adjusted for inflation, a higher grossing movie than Aliens.

That´s domestic gross.
Global, Alien is the bottom of the barrel of the whole franchise, even Alien 3 is a higher grossing film than Alien and Aliens. Adjusted to inflation, the diference is even bigger.

watch the assembly cut

>great one liners
>fleshed out scifi universe
>pretty entertaining
maybe for reddit

demonic trips of truth

from early fake-outs, to crescendo shoot-outs, to the fiery climatic finish, it's great fun throughout.

That shit was nuts, this guy must have been loaded with testosterone.

>select images until they stop appearing
fug

It was kind of a filler movie desu. You know, just something to build on for the sake of explaining the events for Ripley in Alien Resurrection

What you're actually doing, in your thought process, is a disingenuous and invalid form of ret-conning in order to justify your opinion to yourself, rather than evaluating the film on its own merits. Think about it.

>movie becomes popular
>spawns a small series of notable quotes, particularly around the time of the plane crash
>quotes become popular

>later, a website called I Don't Like That Just Because is invented
>some of the memers on IDLTJB incessantly type "game over man, game over xD"
>you conclude that Aliens is shit because it's popular among memers, or a similar permutation of same

It's not in her brain you absolute figger how are you even breathing

Missed potential with the monks storyline they had going

Final film is generic, this would have been memorable

You are thick as fucking pigshit.

Both films are great. Alien is praised by cinematography, pace, atmosphere, etc. It haves more in common with Kubrick and 2001 than the regular slasher films of 70´s.

Aliens have more in common with Sergio Leone take on westerns

Both are great, to me is imposible to choose one (even if I enjoy Aliens a bit more), but I can understand that Alien is easy the choice for the artsy Sup Forums

Third movie is the last good movie in the franchise

There you go.
Stop memes

Just out of curiosity can I see adjusted?

'no'

42 million in adjusted dollars

Yes

>mfw the number actually seems to make a little bit of sense in the context of what these two poofs are bitching over.

"That's minus popcorn, of course."