Most Violent Performers

I was reading through some old forum posts about Whitehouse and how out of control their gigs would get. Peter Sotos would supposedly spend the whole show prowling around spitting on people and provoking fights + getting bottles and chairs smashed all over the room. It reminded me of other ridiculous live acts like GISM, Hanatarash. GG Allin, etc and I was wondering if there was anything I was missing. Have you Sup Forumstants ever been to any particularly violent gigs? Did you enjoy it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L7p_C9OlN40
youtube.com/watch?v=z0FnPIKrqfM
youtube.com/watch?v=M-3qVqM4VBM
youtube.com/watch?v=dryImjiWj1M
youtube.com/watch?v=1ZcVq-68gzA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=LmNYWTpYj8M
youtube.com/watch?v=d56V-mmBoow
youtube.com/watch?v=6vFPPfkVJGg
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWT0_3ZGN4
youtube.com/watch?v=nuuSTtkqWek
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I haven't left my house in months

early 80s punk had very violent shows, especially in LA. That's even why Ron Reyes quit Black Flag.

youtube.com/watch?v=L7p_C9OlN40

>heh, nothing personel kid
>*teleports away*

I've personally seen Jennifer Herrema and Lisa Suckdog punch people.

>Peter Sotos
what's his endgame, exactly?

What was that one band called where the performance was a girl getting a trumpet shoved up her ass while she screamed in pain?

the most violent gig i've ever been to was a local punk/metal show during which i dominated everyone around me in the mosh pit. which is to say, it was hardly violent at all.

Butt Trumpet?

Saw Buzzoven smash bottles on their head and throw m80s at the crowd.

wasnt their a japanese band that bulldozed the stage or some shit

>Lisa Suckdog
Her memoir was fucking insane.

Hanatarash. Eye's 1st band.

She was butt naked, tripping on acid, and punching various audience members.

>Butt Trumpet?
That's a name I haven't heard since I was a youth. There really was an incredible amount of garbage released in the 1990s.

youtube.com/watch?v=z0FnPIKrqfM

LA/Flipside punk was always kitschy and terrible.

>I was reading through some old forum posts about Whitehouse and how out of control their gigs would get.

this one is more funny than anything. i like the relationship of sotos to the crowd

youtube.com/watch?v=M-3qVqM4VBM

I think the dude from The Cows used to shove a trumpet up his ass.

you can see the vocalist of French hooligan-crew Kickback up front in that one. fitting.

good question.

I've read a few interviews of him. He seems to genuinely just write/make "music" for a living. Doesn't appear to have any endgame in sight.

he holds menial day jobs, I think. there's no way he's making a living wage off small quantities of books about sadistic pedophilia.

let's be real. If it wasn't for his 'shocking' art, Sotos was be just another fat neckbeard.

That's his endgame.

Are you friends with GG Allin?
Is he still alive?

youtube.com/watch?v=dryImjiWj1M

heh

Pete Townshend kicked a hippy off of the stage at Woodstock and made a habit out of destroying guitars and blowing up the sets.

Cedric Bixler
Isn't he known for throwing stuff into the audience? Off the top of my head I can remember him throwing a cymbal and a pot of boiling water. He's also hit people on stage with his mic.

where can i find the chords for this song

youtube.com/watch?v=1ZcVq-68gzA
this never stops being funny, 1:33 onwards

what do you guys think of telephone_junkie and all his accounts

Paul Baloff

The gigs arent really violent but i remember Eugene giving an interview about how people always try to start fights with him at his gigs

any musical act with a large skateboarder fanbase

nice pants dork

Found it. No show but you can hear the pain.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=LmNYWTpYj8M

world inferno is known for their out of control fanbase
they played a show on coney island and the crowd just started tearing apart the entire venue until the owner cut the power and the band just led everyone outside and jumped around playing saxophones until the cops showed up

The Hellfest 2004 Bad Luck 13 Riot Extravaganza set was pretty fucking violent.

youtube.com/watch?v=d56V-mmBoow

I thought we would only fight people at Oxbow shows if they initiated it, no?

Speaking of violent shows, Kickback has had some crazy shit go down.

youtube.com/watch?v=6vFPPfkVJGg

yeah thats what i meant, not violent but seems theres always someone trying to prove himself to eugene, untill they get choked out.

i fucking love Action Bronson

Why? Fatboy almost had a heart attack trying to front like he's tough.

>jumped around playing saxophones until the cops showed up

fucking belly laughed

Yeah I just reread your first post. I basically just repeated what you said. Sorry, pretty tired right now.

no plroblemo. im drunk myself so wasnt really sure if what i wrote properly explained it.

Pretty violent show from the south's 2nd most punk band ever Mangina youtube.com/watch?v=LmWT0_3ZGN4

If self-violence counts Justice Yeldham's entire show is to cut his face up with a big bit of broken glass and mic it up to be noise music
youtube.com/watch?v=nuuSTtkqWek

you were being a crowdkilling retard and everyone wanted to stab you.

nigga what the fuck

I saw Oxbow perform a one-off show in Oakland last August and he's still really fuckin built. Although of course no one tried to start anything, everyone had mad respect for them cause the bay area is their home and they put on one of the best performances I've ever seen.

I'm super hyped for their new album out in may (first release in 10 yrs). Might end up being my aoty if it sounds as good as they did live - the guitar tones were unbelievable

GG died of a heroin OD. They didn't even embalm him or clean the shit off of him at his funeral....Just the way GG would want it.

Yves Tumor basically assault the crowd

I wouldn't be surprised if they still left the band on his arm with the needle in it.