HALP

HALP

going through 3 loan sharks and selling weed just so i can get this and a new Monitor.

I cant decide what to go with!

they say the Rx 480 can run better in Dx12 and can overclock better than nvidia and has better drivers, but some games run better on 1060. I only want my solid 60fps for deus ex mankind divided, fallout 4 and BF1.

Spex: Amd 6350 4.2ghz 16g Ram R9 380 4G

Can Sup Forums please vote and tell my which one i should buy? Thnx

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2bPe_DG_rmg
youtube.com/watch?v=23EpAY46PxI
youtube.com/watch?v=2bPe_DG_rmg
youtube.com/watch?v=no_NBTivfgY
youtu.be/ZxsIOV2AjMc
youtu.be/oNF8c9y9GxE
youtube.com/watch?v=O7fA_JC_R5s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bumping with tits

aslo

some cards have lower Memory Speed 6000 MHz or some with 8000 and others at 1266 MHz, and others have Memory Bus Width of 256 bits and some with 512. is there any difference in this? does it matter?

rx 480 because you can crossfire

I have the 480. Be aware that it only has 3 display ports and 1 hdmi port.(at least with the Gigabyte model I got) Choose a monitor that has at least one of these. Also, performance is fine but I prefer Nvidia drivers over Amd's drivers.

never buy nvidia

>Nvidia drivers over Amd's drivers.
why?

why? cant be THAT bad right?

I'm an AMD fanboy like crazy, but this is a shitty reason to lean towards AMD.

SLI is a thing, Crossfire is no different other than being able to use different cards

rx 480 because you can start a fire

Nvidia drivers are available for more OS's. Radeon is still (last I used it) unsupported on Linux.

1060 is better.

i agree, im not gonna cross fire anyways, i do already have a crossfire R9 380 but i need the same model to be eligible for cross and some games dont support it at ALL like Dark Souls 3, for me thats a deal breaker, its better to have one card instead of 2 kos then id need a new power supply also.

dont have linux so i guess it doesnt affect me

yeah but why? im going to buy one or the other...

I recently bought a GTX 1060 STRIX. And it runs everything extremely well, Personally I prefer Nvidia over AMD due to past experiences using AMD catalyst. I run a lot of games on my 1060 all above 60fps and there isn't much of a drop but depends on games. I recommend the 1060.

Here's a video of a benchmark and overlook over both.
youtu.be/2bPe_DG_rmg

As I've already stated, I'm very biased towards AMD, but I'll try to give an accurate opinion.

Nvidia's drivers far outweigh Radeon graphics, and the Nvidia has better software. Nvidia cards are also better in terms of cooling.

Radeon is better in terms of prolonged gameplay. If you render video, and split cores between CPU and GPU, Radeon will perform better. Radeon is not supported on anything but Windows (Mac OSX has special drivers), but as Windows has a much larger market share, its generally not a problem. Crossfire support is better than SLI because it can properly utilize differing graphics cards, but SLI has a better optimization in 900 and 1000 series cards when it comes to the graphics processor split.

>past experiences using AMD Catalyst
That's the main thing I hate about AMD. Its heavily improved, and runs much better, but its still closed source

1060 available in 3 or 6Gb ram
rx480 available in 40 or 8 Gb Ram.
For me, RX

saw a bench mark video on youtube that showed BF1 and Deus ex running better on a Rx 480

youtube Deus Ex: Framerate Divided | RX 480 vs 1060 DX12
kos i dont know how to send bypassed youtube links here

Also forgot to mention, the video specs are the FE cards. You can get a general idea of any 3rd party cards too. Here are my bench tests I guess.
GTA V ULTRA: 120fps lowest being 80fps
BF1 ULTRA: 110fps lowest being 70fps
Quantum break ULTRA DX12: 80fps lowest of 60fps.
These aren't completely accurate I'm rounding it off (rounding down mostly). I constantly run my FPS counter from Nvidia's Showdow play feature.

My last card was a GTX 770 and now I have a GTX 1080 and neither have caused me any problems. I've loved them both. My old computer has a GTX 260 in it that still works. They were all good cards while I used them. I'd definitely recommend nvidia but that's because I only have used nvidia. I have friends who love AMD and they don't have problems either. The GTX 1060 is actually the recommended card for BF1 it gets high settings 60 fps try googling that

For some monitors, especially 60hz ones, Amd doesn't have as many options such as changing pixel format or changing color outputs. I have come across this and although it's not a deal breaker, I never have experienced this problem with Nvidia cards. Overall though, the 480 performs well and is VR/Directx 12 ready.

rx480 rocks with Vulkan

Nvidia dont be a red faggot (saying that with an r9 290 aka jet engine that overheats)

thnx m8 will consider

amds drivers are more improved yes

this exactly why i want to go with radeon

because the 1060 only comes in 3 or 6g, the radion comes in 4 or 8g, is the 6g 1060 really the same as a rx 480 8g? or are those 2 extra gigs better overall?

youtube.com/watch?v=23EpAY46PxI

youtube.com/watch?v=2bPe_DG_rmg

youtube.com/watch?v=no_NBTivfgY

tl;dr version, 1060 out preformed the RX most of the time. RX does take it when it comes to Vulkan though.

youtu.be/ZxsIOV2AjMc
youtu.be/oNF8c9y9GxE

The RX480 is slightly better at DX12, where in DX11 runs a lot better

I check my VRAM usage constantly and of all 8 GB on the 1080 I only see around 5.5-6 used on ultra settings 4K. So 6 is definitely OK. Only game that ever used more is Titanfall 2 which used all 8.

>implying his motherboard has more than 2 PCI slots

Listen OP, they're pretty much identical in terms of performance. AMD works better than the Nvidia on some games and vice versa but they average out. Anything else people say is purely opinionated.

Now after saying that, you should determine the benefits for both. GeForce has great software attached to it that AMD doesn't (shadowplay to record is absolutely amazing, it doesn't affect performance).

Not OP but I prefer OBS so much more than shadowplay.

I bought the 3gb 1060 recently and it runs everything 1080p, ultra, always at 60fps and above, getting over 150fps in older games like Infinite and whatnot. 70fps in gta 5 ultra.

No regrets here.

but the 1060 is not so Dx12 ready?

if id go with the 1060 which one would you get?
the three fan one

ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB ROG STRIX OC Edition

or the gigabyte version with 2 fans
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC 6G???

Just realized, before anyone can say anything it also determined on your other specs and if you want to upgrade any time soon. So OP, what are your specs (excluding Graphics card).

Bitch please..dont go Ngreedia

youtube.com/watch?v=O7fA_JC_R5s

amd has an equivelent recording solution.

also this. godrays are intentionally over tessealted just like every other bullshit thing they do.

nicee...so with 6 gigs its enough....hmmm

im leaning today for the 1060....

i do have 2 pci slots but cant crossfire an r9 380 with a rx 480, i think if i did the pc would explode like that one.

Also, using built in recording solutions isn't the way to go. Use a program like OBS, Fraps or DXtory

Captcha: Mexico for sale

Upgrade your processor dumb nigger

when you move and walk in game godrays look like absolute shit.

It actually has good cooling even on the reference card.

why? there is no bottle neck with the one i have especially if i can overclock it at 4.8 or 5ghx with my dual water cooler so chill porch monkey.

I don't see any problem with my 3gigs- no stuttering on anything I've played so far, but yeah, 6 is better if you can afford it.

Havok has a better solution anyway and it uses almost no resources.

>going through 3 loan sharks and selling weed

Jesus christ user get your shit together first before you spend anything

And by the time you pay them off, both cards will be at least a little cheaper and more affordable.

Look, they're so close to each other, it's only going to be a few FPS difference one way or the other. Get the cheaper one you can find, and if they're the same price, well, go for AMD because Intel/Nvidia needs the fucking competition and the 480 is their best competitor for a while. Keep the cunts on their toes.

Whoever told you AMD has better drivers than NVIDIA was insane, AMD drivers are a nightmare.

they used to be pretty awful, they're not so bad anymore

More games run better on nvidia (higher fps less cpu bottleneck) althought that isn t true for all games, dx12 making a change

lol im good bro dont worry they all my m8s, i gave one guy the last fuking NES classic i found at wallamrt at 60$ he gave me an ounce for much less, but now the NES classic on wallmart is being sold at 500$, so that nigga can chill. I have 800Crash on hand is good.

they wont be lower priced after black friday and i can pay off in a week.

I haven't had any problem with newer AMD drivers, the older Nvidia drivers use to break something different with every update

Op go with the 1060, if all you want is good visuals on 60fps either or will do just fine. The 1060 isn't SLI capable sadly so the 480 has a lead there. I say get the 1060 so you know what Nvidia is like to run with. You can't stay on one side of the fence forever, try the 1060 and don't like it, well the next card you buy can be AMD. Just try it.

If you say so.
Go with Nvidia then.

this is why i lean to the rx 480 because it can run better at dx12, and ALL games for the next many years will have that so i will be ready.

I work at a best buy, and we've sold two of each that I know of. The GTX 1060's have been bought by people who knew what they were after. The RX 480's were both bought by a old woman buying it for her son cause he told her too for Christmas.

see what i mean, drivers are better on AMD many more ppl in my experience have said and run better on Dx12....and is better for overclocking so i heard.

interesting, if thats true i feel like a fag but is the 6gb 1060 really the same as a 8G Rx480?

>I work at a best buy
stopped reading there
best buy employees are fucking useless

You're going through loan sharks just to pick up a few hundred dollars worth of shit? If you need to rely on them to afford those, you're going to end up with loan sharks breaking your legs.

As the warehouse/inventory worker, yes, I agree entirely.

not when you sell 400$ worth of weed in 3 days, been doing this for 10 years, im well known because this is my town.

Yeah but how much profit are you making

Everyone I've ever known that's owned an AMD GPU or CPU and has tried an Intel or nVidia CPU or GPU has hated the fact that they bought AMD. Save your money and go with an nvidia card

I have two 480s and it was cheaper than a gtx1080. 16gbs of vram and nothing has lagged at all. Ultra everything

so their opinion doesnt count then. Ok. Rx 480 has a better design but is MSI good for cooling?? ive heard they are the worst even though they have a patended cooling system.

I'd easily say rx 480, I'm running a 980TI atm if that matters(since fanboyism). Anyways, both cards are good enough for last gen and current gen gaming at 60fps. However the rx 480 runs better in dx12 and vulcan which are being increasingly adopted and will soon be the standard. You also get additional vram(8gigs) and can add a second card in the future if you want.

i get the ounce for 270 and i sell it for 400 in one shot if i can gaining 170 profit on one deal, if not i can get 560 selling 20$ at a time of 1 ounce making that profit at 290

You're a joke.

If you don't have at least a couple grand in yor savings as an adult, you are a legitimate failure in the US.

source: 25, have 5k in savings, only $300 in debt on acredit card that I pay off in full. Live on my own and work my ass off.

OP's worse than a fag. OP's a failure.

no dick head, i dont live in the US, and i dont have debt, own a house and car and work little for big profits. Lol stay a sheep faglet. And who said i dont have money in savings?? how else you think i got money to pay bills and buy black friday delas at the same time? Fuking cuck