Brass has been repeatedly tested and conclusively proven to be the best metal

Brass has been repeatedly tested and conclusively proven to be the best metal.

Prove me wrong faggots. Protip; you can't.

Well brass isn't a metal. It's an alloy

>conclusively

but how many walls per diamond hour can it withstand?

rekt

Op just got rekt

brass is a bad metal

Fuck you, aluminium is the best metal.

This

Diamonds is the the best metal

Diamonds is glass faggot, try again.

ok aluminum is absolute shit.
Do you know anything about metals?

best for what? ammo casings? maybe. tools? jet engines? bathtubs? kettles? jewelry? cars? toasters? lightbulbs? no.

Diamonds are rocks dumbass

Enough to know that a bastard mixed race pos like brass is worthless.

diamonds are not glass

or maybe your fake bling might be, i dont know

What if I wanna contain nitric acid. Brass is gonna disolve

No it won't you fucking idiot, try it.

One word. Diamonds.

An alloy is a metal faggot

>soft as fuck aluminum
even shitty steel is more powerful

You can get brass poisoning from making too much contact with it. Thats why brass instruments have silver, nickel, or gold mouthpeices

Fuck off cunt Aluminium is still and always will be the best metal now get off the chan kiddo

Not a metal

Best metal for what? It would make a horrible condom or pair of shoes.

An alloy is a combination of metals. Homo.

>literally just ignores the definition

u fookin wut m8?

Aluminum is great for corrosion resistance and spark resistance in volatile airstreams

>aloominum
Amerifat detected.

>The Chan

Wiki / Google is not all knowing.

brass is a soft metal alloy made from zinc and copper. zinc fumes are toxic to breathe in or ingest which happens if you use it as a cooking pot. it's also unsuitable for aircraft or cars due to it's soft nature. in terms of sheer strength, titanium is the best. for strength to weight, it's easily aluminum. for flexibility, steel. honestly, anything brass can do, something else can do better. the ONLY thing brass has going for it is that it's castable at a low temp, but again, we run into the issue of zinc fumes. even for bullet casings, there are better choices such as steel.

TLDR: brass sucks

It's not even magnetic you bitch.

Did my freedom trigger you?

Freedom to be a retard, it seems.

That is advantageous in many circumstances. What is your point?

Depends on whether you go by the dictionary definition of the word metal as it is colloquially used, or the scientific definition, that defines metals as specific elements of the periodic table. By this definition, brass is not A metal, it is MANY metals.

Lithium is the best metal.

It calms the psycho bitches, is used in nearly every rechargeable electronic device, and it weighs less than OXYGEN.

Agreed

Also stainless steel is best

Is brass malleable?
Yes
Does brass readily loose electrons to from cations?
Yes
Does it have high electrical conductivity?
Yes
Does it or can it have a luster?
Yes
Then its a fucking metal nig

Its not our fault you fucks change the words up the second Americans start to use them.

British invent soccer. Scratch that its football again

British name aluminum. Scratch that it's aluminium.

Pic a word and stick with it, Fuck!

Carbotanium. The end.

/thread

I don't want to scare you but brass is literally copper and tin, or copper and zinc, one's brass one's bronze.
Either way, the water you drink 99.99% of the time has come into direct contact with brass, and brass corrosion.
There is nothing wrong with brass contact.

Calm your tits. Brass is metal. whether it is one metal or an alloy of several metals depends on the use of language and definitions.

language and definitions does not change the structure of the universe and the laws of nature.

that being said, brass is a pretty crappy metal

feel free to point it out me then

Actually, aluminium matches up with the Spanish aluminio.

>never playing runescape
Copper + Tin + Furnace = Bronze Bar, which anyone can make at any level.

>Aluminum
>Flexible
You fucking what m8?
Aluminum has TERRIBLE flexibility. Steel shits all over it. Brass even beats aluminum for flexibility.
Brass is also a great conductor, unlike aluminum, doesn't have the expanding issues that aluminum does,
Brass is also ideal for fittings gas/liquid tight fittings, steel isn't manuable enough so it's leak prone, and aluminum is too soft and porous.
Brass also has the capability to be used as a bearing material, which both aluminum and steel are awful for.

Actually, English chemist Sir Humphry Davy (the man whom first isolated it) named it aluminum.

read this you fucktard. brass IS METAL. it is just not A SINGLE METAL.

it displays all the qualities of metal. all the atoms in it are metal atoms.

this is like saying that a mixture of water and vinegar is not a liquid because it is mixed of several liquids

or that mulattos are not humans because they are a mix of several races

...wait. the last statement doesn't really help my argument, this being Sup Forums and all.

try minerals faggot

>Whom

Idiot

>Aluminum has TERRIBLE flexibility.
Where the fuck do you see that in his post, retard?
>for strength to weight, it's easily aluminum. for flexibility, steel.

Elements fall into the category metal or non-metal. While you could at a stretch call brass a metal it would be more accurate to say it is composed of metal. The correct way to define it is an alloy.

it burns well

>see thread as it begins, no replies
Lol look at this faggot trying to make a b8 thread, we aren't that dumb
>come back, you faggots are arguing over fucking metals

Sup Forums

This thread has gathered all of the stupid people on Sup Forums and gave me many keks. some screencap this shit and turn it into a dank meme like this one

8 light minutes and hour.
This isn't complicated.

Sup Forums; the only website where people argue over if brass is a metal or not.

Fuck off, newfags.

woah sick burn man.

Fucking chav

>Kek

i said steel for flexibility numbnuts. brass is so soft that it is called a self sealing metal since it will bind to itself under very little pressure. let me translate that into a different way to think about it. it's so soft that tightening a nut onto a bolt with a pair of pliers can literally force the two into one. it's so soft that i can't put my light 55 pound anvil onto a stand made of brass. it's so soft that it was replaced by iron for damn near anything it could be uised for. on top of that, for a blacksmith, it's too damn expensive and causes heavy metal poisoning. the only reason it's even used is because copper is literally money and it;s incredibly expensive to use a ton of copper so they use zinc to stretch the copper as far as it can go

that makes this many sense >>> 0

Except brass is harder than copper.
I'm a plumber and an electrician.
Brass is great.
Steal a shit.
Aluminum a BIG shit.

Well, if a light year is a unit of distance, then, technically....

They named it aluminium before aluminum, so technically amerifats are correct.

>metal thread
>no titanium

K

Diamond always best metal. Due to extensive research done by the University of Pittsburgh, diamond has been confirmed as the bestest metal known to man. The research is as follows:

Pocket-protected scientists built a wall made of iron and crashed a diamond car into it at 400 miles per hour, and the car was unharmed. They then built a wall out of diamond and crashed a car made of iron moving at 400 miles an hour into the wall, and the wall came out fine. They then crashed a diamond car made of 400 miles per hour into a wall, and there were no survivors. They crashed 400 miles per hour into a diamond travelling at iron car. Western New York was powerless for hours. They rammed a wall made of metal into 400 miles an hour made of diamond, and the resulting explosion shifted earths orbit 400 million miles away from the sun, saving the earth from a meteor the size of a small Washington suburb that was hurtling towards mid-western Prussia at 400 billion miles an hour. They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour, and as a result caused over 10000 wayward planes to lose track of their bearings, and make a fatal crash with over 10000 buildings in downtown New York. They spun 400 miles at diamond into iron per wall. The results were inconclusive. Finally, they placed 400 diamonds per hour in front of a car made of wall travelling at miles per iron, and the result proved with out a doubt that diamonds were the hardest metal of all time, if not just the hardest metal known to man.

Tungsten because x-rays

You don't get clear rocks , only clear plastic , gas ,water and glass , since diamonds aren't water , plastic or gas that only leaves glass .

This

what is jello then faggot??

What if plastic is actually melted down diamonds?

brass is harder than copper, but it's still soft as shit. copper is better for piping and better for power carrying. aluminum is strong and lightweight, but bad at carrying power and water, which might make you right, EXCEPT copper is still better than brass. i challenge you to find any metal implements on your toolbelts apart from a tape measure that aren't steel

Retards

Iridium is the best metal, brass is the best alloy.

Uranium

Checkmate

Stick always wins

Torch handles, nozzles, and valves are brass.
Brass hammers are extremely useful.
There are plenty of Bronze, brass' cousin. tools too.

I was gonna then went with carbotanium. Titanium alloy with carbon composites, strong and light.

This I'm a pump tech for industrial pressure pumps and brass best.. also brass brings a lot more as scrap than copper. $1.61 vs the .45 that copper brings.

u wot m8.

Copper brings over $1, used to be over $3, but that was when steel was over $150 a ton.
Brass is usually ~60% the value of copper per pound.
Make sure you're not getting fucked,
If you bring in copper with solder on it you get "Copper #2"
If you bring in copper alone you get "Copper #1" which is worth maybe 10% more than #2.
If you bring in dirty copper they'll give you some arbitray percent that they feel is good, or maybe just the value of the least valuable metal.
My Scrapper gives you brass weight if you leave ferrule on copper tubing.

essentially tools that are treated with love and affection, not workhorse tools. those would be made of steel. a brass hammer is only useful for very very lightwork, such as what a goldsmith would do. i would probably just use a tiny steel hammer, especially since i can make my own. bronze is fucking awesome. tin and copper? what's not to like

That is backward

Right now bright copper is $2.15 and brass is ยข.90