What was the point of her character?

What was the point of her character?

To illustrate that no man is an island

every office needs a nosy bitch who doesnt do any real work. Starfleet warships are no exception

Cameltoe jumpsuits

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

she was sex appeal at first then later she was nothing more than a convenient plot device

Honestly the show could have done without her, Wesley and Guinan

dem tatties

to be honest I dont think there is one

I wouldnt know of course because I skip every single episode with her or her boring cunt mother in them

it's not a warship it's a united space ship commissioned for exploration REEEEEEEE

take it back
lwaxana is best troi, deanna is a shit

>I sense that the ambassador's mind is troubled
Worst telepath ever. She should be running a therapy clinic deep in the ship.

>t'pol will never pin you down and tell you how pathetic your human cock is as she pounds your bp
;_;

this is bait

She has "MIND POWERS"tm like Spock, but is emotional and stuff.

She is important for diplomatic missions as well as scientific (she is a science officer afterall)

She is also just Next Gen Ilia

Cleavage

Every time she involved herself in matters she either made things worse by giving shit advice or had no affect whatsoever.
I think she just represented women in general with their emotional bullshit.

Every scene with Troi:

Worf: Commander, they're hailing us.
Picard: Open a channel.
Klingon/Romulan/Borg/Cardassian/Ferenghi: (10 minutes of insulting Picard's mother, followed by a cut in the transmission).
Troi: Commander, I sense unhappiness!

To teach us the importance of Starfleet uniforms.

Fuck, marry, kill, decontaminate.

>every office needs a nosy bitch who doesnt do any real work.

No, they don't.

Quit being such a little bitch.

are you objecting to the facetious claim that such women are necessary for the proper functioning f the workplace, or do you disagree that it's a ubiquitous phenomenon?

maximum triggered. nosy office bitch detected

Somebody got a thesaurus and a trilby for their birthday

can you at least agree that Picard should have had Troi file paperwork or something to keep her buy when she wasn't translating the emotions of angry klingons

She was a plot device in a few episodes to allow the crew to know how to approach beings that they couldn't directly communicate with, and then they kept her around for TNA.

no, besides, when she's not on the bridge she's the ship's counselor dealing with the inevitable SpAcE mAdDnEsS that sets in when a regular mission involves crazy shit that makes you question the meaning of life on the fringes of known space

but we never see her do this. we only occasionally see her contribute to space madness when some beta crewman has a crush on her and nerdrages when she spurns him. honestly she seemed to do nothing productive at all and caused more harm than good just by walking around in that cameltoe costume all day

we don't see stellar cartography mapping stars either, even though everyone is always talking about it.

Besides, she is in charge of performance reports alongside Commander Riker and shit about who gets promotions because she can tell if they are overworking themselves or are actually skilled.

After Picard and Riker; Troi, Data, and Geordi are all equally ranked as Lt. Cmdr. and can assume command (although in most likelihood Data would assume command because Geordi would be in engineering). Even though Dr. Crusher is a Commander, it is more about her position as chief medical officer.

If you are going to try to project edgelord sexist views on a show that has always been about equality and progressive issues, why would you even bother watching Star Trek?

What the fuck does "command" do besides being captain/first officer? Most teams that do specific missions aren't even led by a "command" red shirt, they're led by a yellow or blue that is appropriate to the task.

They are yellow and green if you know what I mean.

>be at comic con in 2011
>get poster signed by dude who played Boba Fett
>his table is right next to Marina Sirtis'
>tell her how I grew up watching TNG and loved her character
>it was a lie
>she didn't sense it, commander
>she flirts with me some
>"You should come out to LA. Guy like you could do well as an actor."
>mfw
>Boba Fett walks over once his line ends and we all chat some more
>one of the more surreal experiences of my life

>no dax or best dax

sometimes a command officer wears a color uniform of what ever their specialty or department is. They are more highly trained in functions of coordinating the operations while operations actually do the things. Take the people on the USS Enterprise (if given the departmental colors of the NCC-1701-D Enterprise), people on the bridge would be in Command Red while medics would be in Science Teal, and theguys that wave the planes around or monitor various ships systems would be in Operations Gold. The people that would be piloting the helicopters would be in Command Red, but the soldiers that they would be carrying would be in Operations Gold.

That's a picture of women who usually don't wear Starfleet uniforms.

Daxes usually wear Starfleet uniforms.

You are an idiot.

kira best girl

this2bh

I know this is probably fake but it annoys me how chads can get laid this easily and choose to not bother.

That's a lot of lights, but not as much as the 5 lights you see.

>implying she didn't play you
Seriously? You're that dense? She deals with thousands of nerds like you a day, she knows how to stroke your ego.

why did she talk like a deaf person?

Sex appeal.

I watched some behind the scenes Trek show and Gates McFadden said originally she was cast for that role but Sirtis was chosen because she had a more appealing camel toe for the viewers.

>unironically saying chads

Grow up newfag

There are 3 lights you faggot cardassian.

[Citation Needed]

got to have some standards lad

yep, pretty much tits and camel toe

7 lights

I was hoping someone else remembered.

I think it was called "The Captains" perhaps.

is it really true that this post is always made by the same guy?

that'd be pretty impressive

I think you mean Gene made an off comment about sirtis' gap being wider, that's why she doesn't wear standard uniform, and rather a tight bodysuit on the show.

I'll check it out, that sounds hot as

>Kira in Starfleet uniform
I'd go Cardassian on her ass.

it turns you on that you will see someone say in a documentary that marina had a nice bod for a cameltoe?

TO SHOW OFF THAT BIG BEAUTIFUL ASS.

Wrong. We see her in counseling sessions with a LOT of people, and not just Barclay either. She helps Geordi recover from being captured by the Romulans and messing with his head. Worf and Alexander see her for parent/child counseling. The episode where she loses her telepathy, she's having regular sessions with some ensign.

>artist uses saturation change in the red to enunciate anger

a large portion of the fanbase is autistic. thus we need someone to translate the intentions of other characters the viewers. It may seem like stating the obvious to us normal viewers but it really helps out our friends on the spectrum

whatevs faggot

if she's the betazoid does that make data an alphadroid?

loool

Dear OP,

Keep up the good work. Create more Trek threads so that we bump off GoT threads. Tqvm.