These faggots killed rock, and the "rock" that came after was whiny, edgy, and gay...

These faggots killed rock, and the "rock" that came after was whiny, edgy, and gay. There is no hope for the future of rock'n roll. Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pYE1qTjCA00
youtube.com/watch?v=4FRFcE-jsQo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

SO I FELT LIKE THE BIGGEST ASSSSHOLE

So start your own rock band.

I can think of ten bands right off that top that are post Nirvana that will kick you in the nads.

Maybe you're just old and jaded and new music doesn't affect you through your pessimistic specs.

Truth.

Most metal now is emo or screamo wussy shit. 80s/90s metalheads don't check their iphone or have black/red star tattoos, they have skulls that are faded and turning green, and have likely fucked your mom in the men's room.

PS- Slayer.

Most Rock has always been that way. Nirvana wasn't even that good but people love a martyr. Shit I grew up with, poison, def leopard, montly crew was all shit. Teenager, Nirvana, pearl jam, soundgarden, all shit. Current rock, all shit. There are some jems, maiden, Primus, faith no more. But remember music is a product. Ment to be bought and consumed. It's not some special snow flake art.

You wanna know what's funny? I'm one of those teenager "omg born in le wrong generation i love old music" faggots

You're right, glam metal was terrible and shallow, but there was redemption in the arrival of gun n roses. But Axl Rose just had to throw that all away with his fucking jack ass ego. And now we have this post-Nirvana shit rock.

lol that rock before nirvana wasnt the faggot haven of glam rock tight leather pants hairspray lipstick high heels vince neil and his cohorts

Damn I was like 10 or 11 when I got appetite for destruction for Christmas. First time I ever heard the word motherfucker in a song. My mind was blow

There is nothing more to discuss

Rock n roll died? Fantastic! OP is a faggot

Nirvana was great you cuntslice

Three words. Guns 'n Roses. They were the chosen ones.

rock died as 80's ended.
60's rock was good
it got better in 70's
it got different in 80's but still good
and it died as 90's started

I know right, true rock and roll right here baby yea, Nirvana ruined this.

u r dum

most generic sounding band ive ever heard, and axl is/was a total autistic faggot. also slash is a loser with a dumb hat

No one ruined it, fucktard. There is still good rock being produced. It's just that niggermusic is now the preferred genre.

inb4 all music is niggermusic

There are good bands that came after Nirvana, like SOAD and QOTSA

No one in this thread has any idea what they are talking about

What about them?

>SoaD
>good

This is the first thing someone has posted that has any ring of truth to it.

Agreed

This. Everyone knows any band that sells albums or has hit songs isn't any good.

Mars Volta

/Thread

>It's just that niggermusic is now the preferred genre.
That was the 90s. These days it's all this modern shit-tier alternative.

When was the last time they made an album that was actually good? 1991?

That seemed obvious to me.

I read Our Band Could Be Your Life and it's totally the industry and stuff that killed music, not Nirvana or any band. Nirvana should have been amazing.

"Hurdur modern music sucks blah blah"

Maybe try seeking out new bands and artists yourselves instead of wallowing in what the media pushes on you?

It's easier than ever to find new music, all smaller bands tend to start online now. Streaming and sites like Spotify and last fm even help find music similar to your tastes, or people that like the same stuff.

Long story short, you're all just lazy faggots doing the thing you probably hated your parents for. "Back in my day hur..."
And since you're not involved in your local music scene, or going to small bands shows, YOU are at the root of the problem.

Cunts

Sick

Depends hair metal bands were all a bunch a faggets as far I'm concerned so nirvana greater than that for the most part. Thrash metal was still strong throughout the 90s which dominates both and some nu metal is good Like S.O.A.D

Rock and roll doesn't need the hollow edge of the 00s, the awkward sludginess of the 90s, or the "everything all the time" mentality of the 80. Metal is its own thing with its own branches and pitfalls. I really like stuff like Pantera, but not one core band feels like Pantera. Core is shitty, metal is not. I think the time for "yeah!" rock in roll is coming again, something more natural and less pretentious than indie, without the burned approaches previously used. I think it's going to be smarter but still feel good.

It had to be music at the end of the day, you know? Let the big label genres die and listen to some Grizzly Bear. Or Doobie Brothers. Or Pink Floyd. Or Devin Townsend. Or Dire Straits. Or Grateful Dead. Or Kansas. Or Tom Petty. Or The National. Or Diane Coffee. Or Dr. Dog. Or George Harrison. Or Mac Demarco. Or Franz Ferdinand. Or The Arcs. Or Gary Clarke Jr. Or Meshuggah. Or Reignwolf. Or Kasabian. Or Azel. Or Rival Sons. Or Grizzly Bear

he died for us

everyone knows deep down he was GOAT. no one else could have killed rock so well

What are some good modern rock acts then?

Everyone has their own musical preference. You are all stupid idiots.

Any genre of rock or only mainstream radio i need parameters.

youtube.com/watch?v=pYE1qTjCA00

Post-Nirvana non-alternative rock bands. No faggot ass folk or indie shit either. And it can't be metal. I wanna see you try to give me one band post-Nirvana that even meets these requirements. See if it's even any good.

No one liked grunge which is exactly why it's gone you fucking faggot.

Define: non-alternative

You autist

Thats 2 words and a letter but i'll let it slide.

C'mon man, just post a few good rock bands.

You're gonna get shit, whatever you post, but I'm genuinely interested in your taste.

lmao rock music is for faggots! tell me your favorite rock bands. I need a good fuckin laugh

We're not going to take this faggotry, no we ain't gonna take, we're not going to take it, anymore.

This is how I know you don't know a single fucking band that meets my requirements you fucking edge negro. BLUES-BASED ROCK faggot, do you understand now mr.down syndrome?

Not the same guy.

Just genuinely curious to what you define it as

>I'm genuinely interested in your taste.

The taste of his faggot cum maybe.

Nirvana fought agains music inustry. Bands were playin music for fame and money, not because of music. Nirvana were the last ones of the moust famous bands who played because of music, not fame or money

No I don't.

Rock encompasses so many sub genres it's stupidly hard to whittle down to what you'd think is good

Money made everything worse

>Same guy

Sounds like you sucked Kurt Cobain's dick until he blew his faggot head off. 'last ones'

Brian Jonestown massacre

>this thread: youtu.be/yw6i1SAHetc

You sound like redneck who secretly eishes to suck justin biebers dick

>no hope for the future
>died '94
>2016
>21 years

THE FUTURE IS NOW

/thread

Brand new

Radiohead

Muse

QOTSA

La dispute

Bmth

Sunny day real estate

Citizen

The wonder years

Slipknot

Funeral for a friend

Blink 182

Defeater
Many

You sound like a 12 year old trying to come up with a burn and Justin Bieber was your first choice because it's all you really know about music, faggot.

Somebody knows about sunny day real estate? Nice

i know what you did here

You Dig?

Checked

It's not rock'n'roll if you need wider cultural validation for being into it.

OP: You are not rock'n'roll.

Eat a dick.

>Slipknot

I dig

Arctic Monkeys first albums were pretty good

Never heard of them. Youtube'd and listening to

youtube.com/watch?v=4FRFcE-jsQo

Can you tell me what is music. Belieber?

this summed it up about right

All rock is just whiny shit anyways

Baby don't hurt me

Just thought up random bands from top of my head, tried to cover some genres. Sunny day are awesome

Iowa is an amazing album

Recent slipknot has become too easy going for me

Tanks
Also:

Balance and composure

>largest genre ever is all shit and whiny
ok

That was your come back? Fuck... If I wanted my come back I'd just get it from your Mom. Don't even try to call me Daddy, I haven't been fucking her for that long.

> "the Nirvana killed whiny, edgy, gay rock. There is no future for hope.''

... .. ... .. ... .. ... .. ... .. ... .. ... .. ... .. ... .. ... .. ... .. ... .. ... .. ... .. ''Miss Shell O Baumah in 2020''

This. I think Mother's Milk was the last good one.

Wow, i hope you will choke on biebers cock.

Poison are gay and you can't even spell Motley Crue.

ITT: garbage taste

I'm glad you retards stay out of Sup Forums

I beg to differ.

Metallica's Black Album was the real death of rock. It proved that rock could be a commercial success if the right paint by numbers sounds and vocals were used. Since then no good rock band can get signed to a major label because labels only care about profits (I call it the boyband effect).

However, if you step outside of your comfort zone and look you can still find decent stuff. Just hit up music dedicated forums and ask for a newer rock band that sounds similar to whatever old rock bands you liked. Most new bands are inspired by the past after all.

get rid of bmth and blink and ok.

You just cant m8. Just give up like your father did on you

The Black Keys
Royal Blood
Queens of the Stone Age
Joe Bonamassa
The Heavy Eyes
not all Foo Fighters but Wasting Light is pretty neat
The Raconteurs
the list goes on

Fuck that, rock has been on a slow decline since the big bopper died.

ITT contrarian douchebags and dad rockers

>Just hit up music dedicated forums

I want to bully you so fucking bad right now....

in other words, you have no clue.

Blink are unironically one of the most influential bands of the 2000s

Bmth managed to do the unthinkable.
First saw them in a tiny room in Birmingham, playing deathcore, screams and fringes. Everyone at school would hate on them.
Now they're playing sold out arenas across the world. Granted it's taken a style change I don't like, but still that's gotta be respected.

Holy fuck, my father is 76 and lives in my guest house and here i thought summer was over months ago.

3 songs in. They sound like a rockier Decemberists.

Not bad. I'll keep listening.

Keep on lying for yourself m8

10 years ago I'd have suggested going to a music shop and asking the staff.. however that's a much harder prospect these days.

If you feel like bullying, well.. this is Sup Forums so just do it or you're just being a fag that has nothing to contribute.

WHEN I KILLED YOUR ROCK'N ROLL

Feels like talking a schizo who lost between reality and imagination

What's wrong with Three Days Grace, Linkin Park, Skillet, Breaking Benjamin, etc.?

Btw, nobody gives a fuck about you. So go home, get your fake dads dick in your mouth and suck it till you calm your tits down.