Recently just bought a gun legally in my state, but now I want to get a medical Marijuana license...

Recently just bought a gun legally in my state, but now I want to get a medical Marijuana license. I'm hearing it's federally illegal to do that. Wat do Sup Forums
Inb4 it's legal, only 20.

shoot anyone that tries to stop you.

lol

Here in Washington the two are mutually exclusive
You can have guns or drugs.
Not both
Federally, if you have weed you are a criminal.

>Put new gun in mouth
>Pull trigger

So my only option is signing it to someone else for the license then, correct? And that should hold true for most states.

Ok now what?
No bullets.

if youre one of the idiots that bought a gun at walmart or big 5, you deserve to have your shit taken.
learn to drill your own 80% lower and manufacture your own weapon legally, no buying, problem solved

Not from Walmart or big 5...

Wait a year if it's recreationally legal, or go ahead and buy all of your firearms through private sale. Those are pretty much your options.

yeah, but im assuming you bought it, went through a background check, and waited to pick it up no?

All that minus the waiting part

so now big brother knows you own guns, and get medical weed
nigga

I own 1 gun that I don't even want it was made in like 1945
I don't get medical weed tho, but I don't want my gun either so I can get the card.
Negroid

does this shit all go to one database? I always assumed they had no clue until, say, you were being busted in a car and they find said weed and said gun or something like that. I figured you would be able to get both and as long as you arent a fucking moron, no one would know except you. I have no clue though.

Maybe lay off the weed for a little while bud.

so you bought a mosin? m1/m1a?
you bought a gun you dont want, and you have a medical card and dont get medical weed. nigga what good decisions do you make

Lay off the weed hippy.

No medical card
No weed
1 gun
Don't want gun
Want weed
I can't make what im trying to say any easier than that nigga

>medical

Your medical records are private, don't sweat it.

>weed
>gun

OP is confirmed blac....

>want to do it legally

I'm so conflicted.

I also have high functioning autism as well

What fucking state? The rules are so different from state to state without knowing what the state laws are it's impossible to know for sure.

Maine

That's not actually the case in California, because you have to list prescription meds (psych or otherwise) and sign an affidavit against usage of street drugs or pot.

If you want to ditch that mossin I'll buy it off you, and tben you're in the clear.

1. he got the gun first
2. lie. They can't check because medical records are private.

Until it's passed for rec usage (probably inside two years) if you want to maintain you MM card status, sell the gun. To me.

You can have both

It's not illegal (in my state) to have a medical weed card and a gun.

The problem is if you physically have in your possession both weed and a firearm in your home. Then it's illegal federally.

We're all criminals from time to time. During the assault weapons ban I had tons of rifle accessories, magazines and other assorted stuff that they deemed illegal AFTER I had bought them. If for some reason they kicked in my door and searched my home I would have been guilty of dozens of felonies, even though I never broke the law purchasing anything I had.

This is why states rights are so important, bullshit like this.

Are you sure about that? I read it was federally illegal to have both at same time

Nice dubs
So as long as my weed ain't chillen with my strap then I'm str8 homie?

The form I filled out for my firearms permit in CA asked me to list all prescription, over the counter, and street drugs I used. They said that the state could subpoena my medical records if they thought I lied on my application, and could do a hair test for discrepancies. But now that CA64 has passed, it's less of an issue than my addictions to benzos and opiates.

Basically, yeah.

Don't store both in your house and you're fine

Thing is idk how you'd do that if you intend to own a gun obviously you're going to have it in your house. Then if you intend to get weed you're going to have that too, presumably in your house. The second those two happen at the same time in the same place, you're in felony territory, federally anyway. At least that's my understanding of it

Yeah. A background check is just for felonies, warrants, people on interest, etc. They don't check medical records.

Who would, while buying a gun, say "yes" to any questions that could prohibit the purchase? If you're not eligible then you're going to go buy an illegal or off market gun.

"None"

Haha, who the hell answers truthfully?

on the property or just within a certain distance?

11e - Are you in unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or.....

If you are a lawful user you are fine.
But it is a grey area so be careful anyway. Never mix marijuana and guns just like you would not do alcohol and guns.

Just own two different houses, problem solved

I have a huge property with many different buildings as far as keeping my gun safe. But like I said it would be all on the same property so what am I looking at in that case?

if you use weed you cant legally buy a gun as marijuana is still federally regulated and illegal

I'd have to go digging through the law on that one, I don't smoke personally but I did look into it once out of curiosity

I believe it's illegal if both weed and a gun are within the same dwelling (house, apartment etc)

Just answer "no" jesus. It's federally illegal, so no one can say yes.

You can buy guns if you are an alcohol user, so I don't understand your comment.

because knowingly lying on 4473 is a felony

If you get convicted.

federal weed laws trump state laws, thus there is no lawful use/possession

Just make sure you are licensed and a legal user. Realize you also have to buy the marijuana legally too. No buying it from dope dealers on the street.
If you really want to play the game right see a lawyer who knows the locals laws.

Nice meem bro

There are many state and local laws that violate the 2nd amendment. It really is a grey area game right now. Hopefully the new president will get all the fixed.

Technically thats not what it asked

The question was if you're an unlawful user. The form didnt specify according to which laws for that question

So if you're a lawful user in your state there's some grey area there and either way the answer would still be no, so it wouldnt throw up any red flags stopping the purchase

There is no federal license for marijuana use, so you're breaking laws no matter what.

OP here. I'm seeing a lot of grey area related answers. I'll ask the actual medicinal clinic themselves what the law is. I certainly ain't trying to go to prison over ignorance of the law.

No one in Oregon cares, faggot and you already know this.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS LEGAL MARIJUANA USE IN THE USA ACCORDING TO THE FEDERAL GOVT THAT REGULATES DRUGS AND GUNS. DOESNT MATTER WHAT STATE LAW IS

Go ahead and ask, but they'll tell you it's illegal.

There are no grey areas.

You're not being ignorant of the laws, you're knowingly breaking the laws. Just don't get caught, holy fuck.

You're stating the obvious. Everyone knows it's federally illegal. I'm trying to decide weather or not to buy a MM card even though I own a gun. If I come in contact with the Feds, it is then a personal issue that I will have to resolve with them in the future

Wether*** Apologies for Engrish

Of course, the real answer is to fuck that marijuana shit and use the money to buy more guns and ammo!

im just talking about legally buying a gun as it pertains to marijuana use.

THERE IS NO GREY AREA. YOU EITHER UNLAWFULLY USE WEED OR YOU DONT USE WEED AT ALL.

You don't "buy a MM card"

You get "a doctor's recommendation for the potential therapeutic use of medical cannabis."

You're a faggot

Do you or do you not use currency to obtain one?

It's whether

Also you got your answer. It's illegal federally. I haven't seen any evidence of feds enforcing it but that doesn't change the fact you could still end up catching a felony over it.

That's not a viable option for me nigger

Thank you.

All this crap just to smoke a fucking joint. Fuck this shit man.

This nigga

You pay for internet, are you paying for me to call you a faggot? Faggot.

3/3 trips, fam.

you have to pay the doctor, same thing.

You sir are the faggot

Thanks brah

Where the fuck will he store the grass? In his lungs?

In a jar you fuck.

Do you really think they'll subpoena your bitchass? You're not THAT important to the government. Cunt.

Not for a doctor's recommendation, but yes for recreational use.

Go ask any doctor that does this and you'll get the same answer. They're not going to tell you that they sell MM cards, even though they basically do.

pic related

>70,593 have concealed permits in CA
>Subpoenaing 1 person for doing something almost everyone does.

Gif related***

IKR?

That's an insanity of these conflicting laws

Hopefully Trump has an approach similar to his stance on abortion that recognizes we're a limited constitutional republic of sovereign states