ITT Ask someone that works in mental health anything. I work in mental health and see nutty shit daily...

ITT Ask someone that works in mental health anything. I work in mental health and see nutty shit daily. I go to people's houses, serve mental health warrants and work in the hospitals.

Craziest shit you've seen?

Do you ever fuck your patients?

Went on a call alone and when I entered the house the guy was sitting there scalping himself and wouldn't acknowledge me. One lady thought she was a legit bear and came after me growling. Thsee were both in the field
No, but I've been offered. A lot of clients are prostitues or will do anything you want

Is that boring job ?

No, I get a lot of free/down time and the only requirement is 40 hours face to face a month and it's easy. You never know what to expect when someone calls you. I've had people try to kill themselves in front of me, or people that think aliens are coming to get them and need to cover the walls in their home in shit to stop them. These people have jobs and function daily most of the time so you never know until you asses them

Would you rather fuck your mom or your dad?

Greentext story

Who was the most sane out of your patients?

Neither
I don't know. I've been sent out to serve warrants on all kinds of sane people. Kids that are smoking weed and don't want to go to school. Parents who want custody of their grandchildren for whatever reason. And just normal people who want an assesment.Sometimes the judge will pass warrants on normal people and we have to take them in by force to be assesed. I guess the most normal people are the drug addicts I deal with.

rol

what do you mean by scalping?

Can I become a teacher if I have psychosis, or will the government just send me to a FEMA camp? Asking for a friend... of course.

I'm at work, let me think of a good one. I might type up one quick.
I walk in and he's pulling his hair and starting from his forehead back, he was filleting his skin and ripping the chunks of hair and skin off. He didn't seem to feel it and was looking in the mirror like he was shaving. Google scalping if my description didn't make sense. I called for a deputy and we took him to the hospital.

thats really strange but also very interesting. would love to hear more stories. have you dealt with any pcp or heroin addicts?

It depends on the nature of your psychosis. If you're too out of it you can't do much of anything, but as far as I know, you can become a teacher. Yeah I feel really bad for the people I deal with but it's interesting.
One of the clients in my caseload would do pcp and fight/board himself in his home. He's in jail now for carrying around a gun in public, but most pcp users I encounter are extremely manic. I'm in the south, so meth is the thing instead of heroin. Meth is huge here.

this thread is inspiring me to go into mental health work. have you ever felt in danger at your job?

It's a good field. I have a bachelor's in psych and I would recommend to go entry level and get a masters.
I train mma, mainly jiu jitsu so I usually can take people down when they get violent. Usually I have a deputy with me on calls so it's not too bad. I've had clients try to hit me with bricks, bite and spit, and fight but I've never felt like my life was in danger.

Sir, How do I modify my brain chemistry w/o drugs? Techniques etc.

Have you ever been offered sex by some lonely crazy chick?

What's the best way to deal with someone who's having a mental breakdown? Someone who basically won't listen to reason at all? Are there some steps you're supposed to carry out?

How would you asses me?