So, i started taking antidepressants. What should i expect, Sup Forums?

So, i started taking antidepressants. What should i expect, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5ODMUbe7J-I&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Depends really , I've had 3 different ones, one made me feel nothing as in I had pretty much no feelings. 2nd made my dick get flat, couldnt get it up for weeks. Third made me sleep for 12h+ straight and fucked up my sleep pattern.
Honestly ,you won't notice anything besides the negatives at the start, it takes like 3 months for the ''good'' parts to kick in, and even then it's just a drug that's changing the chemicals in your brain, your life is still shit and nobody still loves you.

Absolutely nothing, it takes about 3 months before you'll feel anything

Well... which ones?

this. if you ever feel anything

I heard it takes about a month for them to kick in, but 3 months?? Holy fugg

In a month or so you will either feel slightly happier or will want to kill yourself.

this. I heard taking SSRIs makes you feel like you dont have a soul anymore

Sounds pretty cool. Could you elaborate?

To be hooked on pills your whole life, when you could have just pulled yourself together.

Depression is highly related to intelligence
You are probably too stupid to be really depressed

Prepare to be anti depressed

What're your mommy says to make you feel better. My big smart man

bi-polar type 2.

I take wellbutrin 300mgs and zoloft 150mg i feel a lot better then i did without them.

Been on the combo since 2009.

brain zaps when you decide to take yourself off the zombie drugs, yes they're addictive, yes they kill all emotions.
have fun!

I started with Zoloft and Ativan but still didn't have the motivation I wanted. It just made me not wish I was dead anymore. Now the doctor added Welbutrin to help with motivation, but it's only been a few days. I've read great things about this combo though so I'm hoping for the best. You should see the best results in about 5-6 months. Just stick with it and be honest with your doctor. There are a lot of medications out there so you just need to find the one that works for you.

Don't take them, you'll get a much better affect from taking the over the counter supplement known as 5-HTP

Med student here, depends on the type:
SSRIs (Zoloft, Lexapro, Prozac)are notorious for causing lack of libido, TCAs (Elavil) can cause arrythymias and dry mouth

>le just b happy meme

A lot of these guys say they are bad. Ita a crock of bullshit. If you are really depressed to the point where it is fucking with your daily life, they are worth it. It takes some experimenting to get the dose right.

Buproprion and zoloft combo i literally got nonstop boners

Bupropion is a weird one, its actually sometimes prescribed to help ALLEVIATE impotency and INCREASE libido. During my psych rotation we had a patient who asked if she could be taken off of bupropion, when we asked her why she admitted that it made her horny 24/7 and she felt like she was going to cheat on her husband since he couldn't match her sex drive.

To start feeling really good about life and optimistic, until it shits on you again. At which point, you even out and are functional (compared to depressed) but perfectly aware that your life still isn't better.

poop
youtube.com/watch?v=5ODMUbe7J-I&t