Is it hard to get into runescape?

is it hard to get into runescape?
my friends rave about it but I always tell them the graphics are shit and to play league with me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t82KgX_22h8
youtube.com/watch?v=5ODMUbe7J-I&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've been playing for 13 years.
It's not that fun. The only reason I still play it is because of nostalgia.
If you play with friends, and set goals it's fun.

Not too hard to get into, its free so why not give it a shot. its one of those games where its what you make of it. A lot of content is available for free and if you start to like drop a 5 for member opens up like 3/4 of the world and tons of cool shit.

I've been searching for something addictive I can play all day, albeit not as hard as I should. I'm the kind of person who would play WoW from dawn till midnight and do nothing in between. I would rush meals and try to shower between queue times and particularly long flight paths. It was the most enjoyable and fun time of my life. I'm hoping to get it back, but WoW since then has changed and it's definitely not the same.

I wanted to stress how much I want to find a game that can swallow me and my time; and I wanted that to be Runescape very badly, as a few others (Blade & Soul, LoL, Tera, etc); and I can say that it's simply plain boring. I didn't last two hours, I tried going back a few times and it simply made no sense to give it any more time as I was dozing off.

>play league with me

Don't play RS we already have enough retards.

are you planning on playing nostalrius?

Don't play it, it's the type of game that once you're into it you can never quit, you say you're gonna quit by eventually you will be back on it

It used to be good before they started trying to make it more like W.o.w.

I will certainly give it a try. No promises, though. After going around WoW the whole day for about four years, it got a little bit boring.

Without a very active PvP community, as well as balance on it; there's a chance I will be done with it in a month.

so true, 24 and still can't stop. I want to but I CANT

Boring as fuck without a bot

I get paid to play it and it's a living hell

dovydas get the fuck off Sup Forums and get back to WORK

Started playing it 4 weeks ago
Not going to stop before max

post your skillz

You are all gay

Runescape isn't the same as when I played. I believe I played around 2005/2006 and it was a great game free then I went to members. I stopped playing at around the end of high school or whenever that Grand Exchange and Wilderness changes happened. I know they lost A LOT of people when they did that.

I gave away most of my stuff a year ago, although it's not worth much anymore. Back then I thnk a abby whip was like 1.5 or 2.5m? Now its like 500k kek.

I'm in my phone right now. Look up God Eminem
A friend of mine did most of the combat and p2p skills. I've been F2P since I got it back.

Whips are 50k in rs3. They're still 1.5 in 07

jesus christ was your friend botting or is runescape that easy?

He was p2p and had a lot of time.
But he left it with 22m xp
I'm the lifeless faggot that grinded out 36m xp f2p

literally HOW? i feel like my soul would be crushed an hour into f2p grinding

I have no soul
Feel free to add me, when I'm on again we talk about getting rid of yours

tell your shit friend to help you.

Nigga that's a private server. You're trolling like a massive fucker. Graphics haven't looked like that in almost a decade. that shit was back when worlds one and two, sometimes 3 and 4, were packed every minute of the day. Drop parties every day in Falador, and if you wanted to buy something, you bought it from another player at a bank. And the front doors to Lummy castle used to close and open. Niggas would stand at the doors shutting them every time noobs would come running. Shit was glorious.

calm the fuck down grandpa i got that googled runescape and picked up the first image i found

It's extremely fun for me. I started playing back n 06 and quit in 11, then they brought back the 07 servers and I've been back ever since. Hard to quit for sure.

Anyone feel free to add me if you wanna PvM or anything.
IGN: Og Scimitar

Fuck me, I'm just now remembering how you had to open a world map. And that mini map with the lizards? Gosh, it all didn't last long enough it seems.

No you didn't. Those public, private, and trade/duel, chat buttons didn't exist before those graphics. And the music tab is missing.

RUNECRACK

You would start under Edgeville in those private severs. One hit, level 99 att and str? It was for pking purposes and every time someone would leave the area to go adventure the servers would crash. And the servers were always down.

youtube.com/watch?v=t82KgX_22h8

Rs turned to shit after 2007.

youtube.com/watch?v=5ODMUbe7J-I&t

ah, but user you see.
league is about hating on scrubs
where as runescape is about grinding, resources

I started playing a day or two after the cows were given a new look. I remember my friend who introduced me talking about it before mentioning the game to me. Updates have always been mentioned on that post, log-in screen.

>I always tell them the graphics are shit
Right off the bat i can tell you, you're gonna have a hard time if you're serious. Let me tell you a little story, Once upon a time, was a runescape with the most advanced graphics for an mmorpg, called runescape 3. This game had graphics that could shit on most, BUT. People missed the old feel of it, and graphics like this had no place in a game that once looked like a shithole... but it was their shit hole. And who was jagex to try and take that away from the consumer. So a poll was made to get it through fagexs head that we liked the game looking like dog shit. And thus, oldschool runescape was brought back. So the shit look is almost a cultural thing

>no dragon sq shield or Toktz-ket-xil

me and a bunch of friends started playing 07 at round january. but they got bored and i ended up hanging around /osg/ and eventually that too got pretty boring. Basically if you're playing alone you'll get bored fast

this

ayyy just checked my osrs account, quit like a year ago shit was fun tho

And there's a perfect mix of new and old graphics with things like Keldagrim and a few character designs. The Balloon monk for example. And Kourend, a huge, new addition featuring half/half new and classic designs.

I played RS 2001-2007, quit the day ge came out. played mostly wc3 up until 2010 then i played wow for 7 months in 2011 i started playing eve online and have been playing until half a month ago, the sad face when every game I've played eventually goes to shit and now I can't find any good ones.

How is WOW these days? i really miss that shit but dont know if i can be fucked to get back into it

I've been playing oldschool runescape for awhile now and been enjoying it. It gives me something to do when i'm bored and made some friends to pvm with which makes it more fun to play.

Dude, when the G.E. came out I remember having no fucking clue where to find it. Then I found it, and I had no fucking clue what to do. So I kinda grew away from it as well. Picked up COD4 and SSBB. Then got back into RS, right, RIGHT before they took away the wildy and threw a large hole behind Lumbridge castle and fucked EVERYTHING up. I did like the fullscreen feature however.

beautiful

You'd be getting all your characters to like, level 110. Totally worth it though if you got the right music, two PC screens, and you can afford munchies.

>munchies
i want to have fun playing video games not gain 50lbs

Yes. They turbo speeded in the wrong direction with rs3. But were lucky we were so forgiving, and allowed the mistake to be corrected. Lesson learned. Change is dog shit

Played from 05-13.

Just isn't good anymore. It's become too much like WoW.

I was all over OT forums under the name Buxom. I used to start a lot of shit there, then the mods banned me for an ASCII of a dick that another person posted. Even showed it in the ban.

Don't back talk me. You know I'm right.
Besides, just work off what you don't wanna gain.

>work off
nigga who the fuck do you think I am?
i eat the bare minimum because all I do is sit on my ass and play video games

Not that user, but, sounds like a personal problem.

Dude, just walk somewhere. plugin some earbuds or put on some headphones and go walk to a place and back. Do you not walk to and inside stores?

nigga im not /fit/ walking is overrated anyway

Bike?

any form of physical activity other than existing is overrated

its very easy to get hooked. give it a go, even if you just do tutorial island and a few hours after that. it's an MMO so it has nearly endless content,

wewlads

You're gonna die young. and forgotten

>93 Def

-.-

>being a pure

autism

I used to do the same thing, rush meals, shower quickly sometimes i would become very hungry because i would be postponing my meal.

I am sorry to say i am afraid those days are forever gone. But i have discovered something more fun, some type of sandbox reality realer than virtual reality.

It's called astral projection, it's basically leaving the body temporarily and it's much fun, totally safe and not that hard to learn.
Look it up man it's so much fun it's like lucid dreaming.

Those times, when everyone raged becouse wildneres was destroyed with bounty hunts, but actually it was fun. Wtf i wrote idk

anybody give me free stuff?

My negar, a pure is the ultimate runescape niche. Easily take down unsuspecting nobs like you. Barrage you from a distance then hit you with the rune crossbow/mage short spec. gg fgt

>mfw

>Not being a pure WC god
Wew lad

I wouldn't say it's difficult to get into if you got the time. It's the perfect game to pour through life while still being able to browse forums/listen to music/watch videos. I'd recommend trying OSRS, that's important to note.

uh

time to play runescape

Just started playing today since I am very ill ATM.

Having a good amount of fun and I found a really easy way to double money

"Doubling 1 trade"

>how to get into rs
play it

>Go up to a scammer saying doubling
>Say hmm I dont know if I can trust, double this then I will do rest.
>Give like 10-20k something you can afford to lose.
>They give you 40k to reel you in so you give more.
>You walk away

Hey neckbeard, if youre playing runescape youre just as bad as a minecraft player

sometimes this works sometimes it doesnt. Depends if you LOOK like a noob.

I just started today so I am a noob, made 100k of this shit.

Not playing very often but still have some junk left from the past. Pic from august