Ween General

I listen exclusively to Ween. Why listen to any other band?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IYH4SIKAjPw
youtube.com/watch?v=DyUUQryQWz4
youtube.com/watch?v=JmzGMhE_ELs
youtube.com/watch?v=FfCIC0TnI3o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because this exists.

if you did you'd be Waving Your Dick in the Wind~~~

Because Ween makes it very clear through their extensive musical pastiche that Ween listens to more than Ween.

whats the uuuhhh pollo asado
yeah can i get two pollo asado
two chimi
two carne asada

>tfw only listened to ween for the entirety of 2016

worth it

not gonna lie user this is pretty dumb

You'd probably like Bowie too

youtube.com/watch?v=IYH4SIKAjPw

Does anyone else here miss early-mid 2000s Nick?

Early Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents, Rocket Power, Ginger, Wild Thornberrys, Chalkzone, Invader Zim, My Life as a teenage robot, Danny phantom(seasons 1-2), Jimmy Neutron, Friday Night Nicktoons, U-Pick Live, still had reruns of the 90s shows... man, those were the days.

bumping

Because Mollusk is their only good album and that's too limited.

>Mollusk is their only good album

>listening exclusively to Ween
>not listening even more exclusively to The Blarney Stone
I'm gonna punch in your face and bark at the moon t b h

it sucks when each time you try to listen to something that isn't ween you just want to play ween

bump

What's their best album

chocolate & cheese

How would you rank the albums, I've listened to The Mollusk and Quebec and I think The Mollusk is better but Quebec is still good

hard to rank but most fans agree La Cucaracha is their worst. i prefer their more brown stuff.
the pod > pure guava > everything else can't really decide on the order but haven't really listened to 12GCG that much. If you prefer the Mollusk you'd probably be more into White Pepper

dude the 12 Golden Country Greats album is so worth listening to. I'm obsessed with ween but for some reason slept on that album because i don't like country.

listened to it about 2 months ago and didn't listen to anything else for weeks. now i'm convinced it's essential, up there with the mollusk, quebec, white pepper, chocolate and cheese, etc

You are literally retarded.

>god tier
The Mollusk
Chocolate and Cheese
The Pod
Pure Guava

>great tier
Quebec

>good tier
White Pepper
Godweensatan
12 GCG
La Cucaracha

I'm trying to get into Ween, I loved The Mollusk but The Pod and GodWeenSatan were a little much.

Any album I should move into to ease myself in?

You really showed me... I think guava and C&C are pretty unmemorable and don't come close in enjoyment.

And it replied to the wrong user... Fucking rain

Chocolate and Cheese is a logical next step, easy listening for the most part with many classics. It's probably the most similar to the Mollusk, though it's still very different.

White Pepper is another easy one, but it's straying away from The Mollusk's sound and feel and more of a bridge into Quebec which is also a pretty easy listen but it's themes are a bit more mature and the sound gets pretty brown.

Any of those three really.

try chocolate and cheese and/or white pepper, theyre definitely more accessible

I listened to only Ween for the better half of 2016, I compiled every interview I could find and I bought all of the CDs.
Best: The Pod, Chocolate & Cheese, GodWeenSatan: The Oneness
Underrated: 12 Golden Country Greats
Overrated: White Pepper, Quebec
Shit: La Cucaracha
I don't have much opinion on Shinola or Pure Guava.
The Mollusk was good but it doesn't deserve to be their most popular album. It didn't deserve to be turned into a "meme" either.
Their best live album was the live version of GWS
What's your favorite Ween song(s)? Mine is Molly, but Spinal Meningitis and Reggaejunkiejew come in close too

Gotcha.

But in fairness, the albums that are not memorable to begin with will grow heavily on you in the long run. If you familiarize yourself with Ween's style in their more accessible albums for a while and then listen to The Pod or Pure Guava, etc. it will probbaly click for you.

>molly
Nice, a lot of Ween fans seem to not like that one much and I don't understand why. It's amazing.

I don't know if I could single out a favorite since it changes often. Birthday Boy is a go-to for me currently.

Have any of you guys seen them live since they reunited? Are they worth driving 3 1/2 hours to go see this summer? Keep in mind they're my favorite band and I've never seen them before.

Yeah it was great. It was at a festival so they really divided the crowd but it was definitely worth it.

Molly is forgotten about to often, as far as I know the only time it has been played live was with Freeman
Birthday Boy is one of their best songs in my opinion. Making a great song without percussion isn't something you see every day. Good taste, user

What does everyone use to listen to their music on the go? I'm tired of using my phone and I thought mp3 players were prehistoric, just wondering what device everyone else is using

FiiO is probably the best MP3 player brand on the market, on par with an iPod classic except not over 200 dollars.

I got a FiiO X1 and a 128gb microSD and I love it to pieces, only purchase I've ever made that I didn't regret after.

MP3 players are the best. I use a SanDisk Clip Sport and it might be shitty in comparison to others but the songs sound fine to me and it's simple. I haven't gone a day without it on me since I got it

Eh, maybe. I'm liking Quebec more than both atm.

i would go. i've heard they're even better than ever since the reunion. still waiting on a rescheduled TX date since Levitation was cancelled

>tfw they only play expensive festivals now that I can't afford

because u could be listening to the melvins

ween and melvins collab when?

The Pod.

Where did you seem them? Caught them at Bonnaroo and it was really great

>What are chocolate and cheese, 12 golden country greats, white pepper, quebec

Saw them at Project Pabst in Portland.

>tfw they'll never tour in my country

This. These were the first albums I listened to and now I can't stop listening to them

early spongebob is GOAT

Seeing Ween this summer at a festival. Only listened to a few tunes off of the album in the OP.

Where should I start if I want to get into them?

I'd recommend Chocolate and Cheese, White Pepper, and Quebec

The Pod

>been listening to them for well over a decade
>just now start digging through their bsides and rare tracks

Holy shit theres so much. Its like the band that keeps giving

Best Ween album cumming thru

youtube.com/watch?v=DyUUQryQWz4

Ocean man is their only worthwhile song prove me wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=JmzGMhE_ELs

I'd say The Mollusk and Quebec pair better than The Mollusk and White Pepper.

I really want to see them in baltimore, and tickets go on sale tomorrow. Been listening to them for years and really need to see them live.

Listen to Wowee Zowee by Pavement

I've never listened to ween and I never will

>Legends of the Hidden Temple

So the complete Prime 5 tape is online now for the first time. Anybody like it? I don't really like their pre-'real album' stuff, but the song names are always great.

>le edgy guys who swear a lot and make penis jokes xD
I guess I can't blame you guys, I was in my teens too, once

This. Ten awesome songs. I like roots rock and country rock so that might contribute to it but it's such a cool album.

But user, Ween is far more than goofy songs and penis jokes. They make actual good music. Humor is just a part of it. Their earlier stuff is very juvenile, because it was recorded when they were still fairly young. It's still great if you're into noisy lo fi rock stuff.
Listen to White Pepper if you don't like the humor. That one's just a very pleasant sounding rock album.
I understand if you don't like the humor, but please don't reduce Ween to penis jokes.

youtube.com/watch?v=FfCIC0TnI3o

bump

I'VE BEEN TRYING TO FIND THAT VIDEO THANK YOU. That song is what got me into Ween's music.

That said, the late 90s/early 2000's were the height of my Nick viewings for me, too.

This. I can't get enough of this song. The Argus and Don't Shit Where You Eat are always my top 2.

people like you make me autistically mad