This is the most important album of the 21st century so far

This is the most important album of the 21st century so far.

The only album of his that I actually like. Not the most important but certainly a good mixture of rap/hip hop/electronic in a really creative way.

Definitely not the most important, but still a great album

Statements like this made me hate the modern left.

?

same

You know thats not true, dont be a faggot OP.
> Death grips did it first and 10000000x better

>Yeezus is a worse version of Death Grips meme
How's high school?

Pretty good, grades-wise, altough im still socially retarded and have no actual friends. Thx for asking

Yeezus>>>every death grips release ever

kek

this isnt Kid A

The only constructive post in this thread so far.

I still think it's Yeezus though.

>2000
>21st century

???

>Kendrick's worst album is the most important of the 21st century

faux artistic nigger babble that will be forgotten in 10 years altogether despite it's universal acclaim

lmao
so you'res saying untitled unmastered, which was b-cuts off TPAB, was better than TPAB?

nice b8

Ok yeah I guess I forgot UU
GKMC > S.80 > TPAB > UU

Boring pleb shit.

If you want to judge the album only by its influence, then even when talking about Kanye, you still have 808, which made a much bigger splash in the puddle than Yeezus ever hoped to do.

Yeezus is basically Kanye trying to do Radiohead or LCD SS, but with hip hop and Death grips, instead of Can.

AGREE

>Statements like this made me hate the modern left.
you need to see your therapist

Yes

Its just as good as MBDTF, dont fall for the aesthetics

>Yeezus is basically Kanye trying to do Radiohead or LCD SS, but with hip hop and Death grips, instead of Can.

>Death Grips did it first
Listen to M.I.A.'s 2011 album and you'll see who did it first.

Taking older/obscure influences and repackaging them in a digestible, coherent, easily listenable and radio friendly format.

Oh so its another Yeezus is Death Grips meme
right, got it

How is DG obscure?
Are you implying that their music isn't easily digestible/listenable?
And Yeezus is hardly radio friendly

In fact I'd argue that if wasn't for Ride's terrible vocals then there would be plenty of "radio friendly" Death Grips singles

>radiohead

2010*

You're going around in ridiculous circles trying to defend Kanye. Why do you assume he's talking about death grips and not Chicago acid house? Is death grips almost radio friendly or is yeezus hardly radio friendly? Make up your mind dude Kanye stans are retarded

>pretty good, grades-wise
Nobody cares. Everyone stops caring about grades as soon as you step outside and grow up.

They are obscure compared to Kanye.

I know that it's great living in an echo chamber of P4K/mu/Fantano, where everybody knows who Death Grips are, but outside of it probably the only exposure to angry black dude most people got was BoJack Horseman.

"I've seen footage" is by far their most radiofriendly song, yet it never caught on, because it isn't that radio friendly, and doesn't come from household name like Ye, that has capability to push these to the charts.

I know that "Yeezus is Death Grips-lite" was already talked about a million times, but that's only because it's true and denying it is dumb.

Alec Empire did it before death grips, Mia and kan-gay

Nah, it's the most overrated. On Sight, Black Skinhead, and New Slaves are the only particularly good songs.

>managed to get bad grades in high school
yikes

>Why do you assume he's talking about death grips and not Chicago acid house?
Because he said death grips
>Is death grips almost radio friendly or is yeezus hardly radio friendly?
I'd argue it on a case by case basis, there are plenty of DG tracks that minus Ride could be played on the radio more frequently and in comparison to the rest of Kanye's catalog Yeezus is his least radio friendly album

I'm not trying to defend Kanye either, if he really ripped off DG then congrats he did it much better than them but my problem is he clearly didn't. Despite how this album and DG rely more heavily on electronic production than most hip-hop albums they aren't comparable musically. They sound completely different and like you said some of it is more comparable to acid house than it is to Death Grips.

It's such a lazy comparison and gives Death Grips way too much credibility.

>They are obscure compared to Kanye.
Yeah relative to Kanye, they aren't obscure though
They're on top of the bill at festivals, they're being talked about endlessly on social media whenever an album comes out and getting millions of views on youtube videos.
As far as bands that aren't on the level of someone like Kanye go they're far from obscure.
>because it isn't that radio friendly
It is though and a lot of the tracks on that album in particular could be played on radio a lot more if they dismissed Ride.
>I know that "Yeezus is Death Grips-lite" was already talked about a million times
They don't sound anything alike, its such a lazy comparison. It's the exact same thing as calling DG a copy of Dalek, they're worlds apart when discount the "industrial hip-hop" genre tag.

The only reason I even bring up this shit is because DG can only gain from people wrongfully comparing them to better artists.

Wrong. The most important/influential albums of the mosern age are The Fame Monster and Born to Die.

>the Fame Monster and Born to Die
laffin

I respect this ranking. GKMC is just way too fucking good.