twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

waay better than the shit brian band.

OP here
>Kayo Dot playing Hubardo songs
>Thou
>Sunn o)))

King Crimson

LCD Soundsystem

Nine Inch Nails, the lights alone are worth it.

PUP has been my favorite thus far. They have great crowds, and they have fun with the crowd. They rely off of live shows, so they bust their ass to do it right.

Andrew Jackson Jihad is okay.
DRI runs forever.

Did you pee your pants ? Otherwise it's not a good gig

W E E N

Amerifat here, are they worth it?

As someone who saw NIN in 1995, 2006, 2013, and 2014. Yes. It is beyond a good show.

...If you were a King Crimson fan you'd KNOW the answer is obviously yes

2 Skinnee J's, easy.

QOTSA

Aren't they touring in 2017? I remember seeing that they were coming to a town near me in a couple months

The Hotelier
NMH(not even memeing, Jeff's voice was incredible)
Weezer

Glad to know that. Im seeing them at pic related and ive been listening to em a lot lately. Also who else should i check out? particularly near the bottom

Bjork, saw her last September and she was amazing.

If anybody is ever in New York City on a Monday night, go see the Mingus Big Band. Fucking good shit right there

I saw Wilco recently. They played a monster of a set. Didn't disappoint

I know they aren't liked generally on Sup Forums, but Phish was fucking amazing when I saw them.

of montreal puts on GOAT shows

Die Antwoord

I'm going to see City and Colour on the 18th. What should I expect?

Yes, and now they have FOUR DRUMMERS because Fripp is an ABSOLUTE MADMAN who does not know when to stop

Lucy Dacus has good music. Her live performance is pretty average though.

slipknot was suprisingly good live

D E A T H
G R I P S

Saw them a few years ago and seeing them again this upcoming tour. They're a lot of fun.

The Chariot and Dillinger Escape Plan are definitely my favorite.

>Lucy Dacus has good music
bullshit detected.

'wassup richmond!

>Darkside
Less than 50 person crowd at Lollapalooza cause all the other festival goers were seeing Chance or Skrillex
>Tim Hecker
So damn immersive, really ethereal experience. Crowd wouldn't shut up for the first five minutes though
>Autechre
Pure onslaught of dense rythms and interesting transitions
>Acid Mothers Temple
Super small venue and the absolute loudest performance I've been too. Just the sheer stamina everyone had onstage was incredible
>Gary Wilson
Had never heard of him before but on such a great show mixed with groovy beats and crazy improvisational breakdowns

>Autechre
2nd'd, they like to custom tailor their sets based on the venue, the sounds they get are so pristine

youtube.com/watch?v=Jj7pDNDuoJ0

This band is one of my favorite Avant-Garde-style Prog Rock bands. Notice how they manage to stay close with the polyrhythmics (the guitarist plays a quarter note before the bassist and changes to higher tempo in the solo, the drummer and rhythm guitarist play in 7/8 and 9/8 for each two bars, etc), and every bar the time signature changes (4/4 in the first bar but then suddenly 15/16, 5/4, 33/32, 13/16 and so on, respectively). The singer also adds psychedelia to the song by singing also the delay vocals. The backing vocals in the second verse are changed to make fascinating dissonance with the dominant key. Also notice that the drummer uses only the ride cymbal throughout the song, which shows his technical virtuoso abilities. After the solo, the singer modulates his singing 3/4-step up, which makes referance to arab music, but the band stays the same. Truly, I find these guys so pioneering, they're like 20 years ahead of their time.

btw i copied this post thats why theres another embed on it

The Black Lips, they love playing small venues then pack them to the brim. The energy is untamed

My fucking Phish fan friend dragged me to one of their shows at the Merriweather Post Pavillion. Bar none I can say that was the worst live show I've ever seen. And it lasted 3 FUCKING HOURS. Thank God I was drunk and high as hell otherwise I don't think I would have made it out with my sanity intact. Fuck Phish, fuck their shitty phans, and fuck jam bands in general.

they were pretty good when i saw them at a festival. I didnt listen to them before that so i was pretty impressed with how well he can sing live. expect people in the crowd to be smoking constantly

When he's playing The Frail and it slowly transforms it into The Wretched.

Magma. Intense and hypnotic. Saw them play all of Theusz Hamtaahk and MDK flawlessy.

>Bad Religion
They have such huge energy and sound amamzing live. They sound exactly like they do on the records. Brian Baker was fucking amazing. It was funny I saw a pop punk band a week eariler and they just stood there playing, all the BR guys were so into it and kicked ass

>Against Me!
Pretty good, but laura had her hair in her face the entire time. they sound really good live.