How do you feel about the Flat Earth Theory and its recent rise in popularity?

How do you feel about the Flat Earth Theory and its recent rise in popularity?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2aCOyOvOw5c
epic.gsfc.nasa.gov/
youtube.com/watch?v=ddFvjfvPnqk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's flat out wrong. It's just plane stupid.

About the same as our retarded president elect.

>2016
>being a spherecuck

I want to die

Prove me wrong

I literally can't.

>ancient Babylonian man: mapped the cosmos without telescopes using only mathematics
>modern American man: wears panties, thinks he's a female, and doesn't know which gender bathroom to use

I'll favor what ancient man says first before what any modern "trap" man thinks about it.
>flat Earth seems likely

>being this edgy

I get that its kind of amusing and get a few lols every now and then, but its running dry. I can understand maybe niggers in detroit actually believing the earth is flat, but thats kinda where my leniency ends.

How did no one appreciate his puns and dubs

Everyone is a fucking moron about something

Neil deGrasse Tysern here. Pic related.

I was wondering the same.

Your doing God's work, user. It will fill out in time.

>flat

It's not even level you muppets

You forgot about the angeled aliens

It is in direct correlation with the anti-intellectual anti-rationalist direction of the western world, particularly on the internet.

ADDY IN IMAGE!!!

Movies with Chat 24/7 MOSTLY HORROR with some Sci-fi/Gore/Cult/80s/Weird Films

Now Playing: BEETLEJUICE

This movie channel doesn't play everything under the sun. You won't have to sit through pablum like Avengers 2 or Batman movies. There are no cartoons, no musicals, no music videos, no TV shows… just movies. Specifically, It's mostly horror movies. Tons of stuff you have never heard of or seen. There are some sci-fi movies, 80s movies, cult movies, and just bizarre off the wall crazy shit like you have never seen, all mixed in to the horror movies. Over 700 movies that play randomly. None of that polling/voteskip shit, that shit doesn't work - because democracy doesn't work. No safe spaces here either. You can make rape jokes and insult minorities until you run out of edgy things to say if you want. The admins only police things that actually matter. Filmclub isn't here to have broad appeal or as many viewers as possible. It's here as an alternative to all the tired repetitive BS you get from the average vanilla stream. 24/7/365 movies most other streams won't play. Even classic XXX. Check it out.

ADDY IN IMAGE!!!

It's retarded, and so is anyone that believes it. I think the reason it's being pushed is because it discredits conspiracy theorists in general, i.e. "You believe in ____? I bet you think the Earth is flat too, huh?"

youtube.com/watch?v=2aCOyOvOw5c

they discredit themselves just fine on their own

Just a symptom of liberal faux-intellectualism and conservative anti-intellectualism.

It's just more evidence that society and reality are moving further apart from each other. People literally make up genders. Genders, people.

Believing the earth is flat is no more or less stupid than believing there is a scornful bastard in heaven who hates prostitutes and masturbation.

This shows proof of a flat Earth. It actually shows how the camera is causing a curve to appear in real-time. Look at it.

>proof

Pay attention at 4:17, watch how the horizon looks as if it's changing, making a curvature appear, but it shows it's an optical illusion. Notice how they chose to keep the camera focused only on certain things too, to keep you from seeing the scale of things, context.

epic.gsfc.nasa.gov/

Lololol do you believe in geometry?

obv not

that does not prove a flat earth
anyway I can prove a round in in dozens of easy ways

At 4:17 keep in mind which half is the Earth, and which is outer space. It's like white/black, where you can see this horizon changes, proving the curvature is just an optical illusion.

we literally have footage of the earth from above

>we
YOU've never been into space.

so now you just don't believe in recording technology period

Its the new chemtrails.

So if the earth is flat, does that make all the other planets flat too? What shape are the planets and whats on the otherside and edge?

It's not real proof. I wouldn't bet my life on something that's not real proof. Would you honestly bet your life on something you couldn't possibly prove unless you experienced it yourself? Even then I could still give other reasons why the experience could be faked too, but I digress.

whatever, see

Fuck ear biter.

The nature of the universe could be far different than what we're being told. There's no proof that those celestial bodies are real either. Notice the advent of film technologies coincided with space travel technologies. It's not just a coincidence. Space travel is a fiction, a form of film genre. The atmosphere alone appears to be inescapable for some reason, to keep us on Earth obviously.

Literally all the blacks at my work believe in flat earth

There's no proof, real or otherwise of a flat earth, none.
Checkmate.

If the earth is flat, dose that mean that gravity dose not exist?

There's no real proof of a round Earth either.

>being this fucking retarded

I got into this really nice conversation with a stranger the other day and the motherfucker segway'd the thing into how he can't believe people still buy the earth is spherical. He said: "look there, at the ocean...what do you see?", I thought he got deep or something. Nope. He wanted to point out the flatness of the world.

I thought I was being irl trolled. This motherfucker played it like its so obvious, claiming that with better and better optics we could see all the way across the ocean, how just from looking.

It bummed me out profoundly.

It's not flat you retard. Plenty of mountains and valleys. Even the oceans have waves.

But the general disc shape is correct.

>either
There is endless proof.

You're right.

We got round sun, round moon that's mapped all over, round planets around us we can see with basic telescopes.

But we're flat.

I have enough brain cells to know that the earth isn't flat. Let me prove it to you flat-earthers.

1: How would satellites orbit earth?

1.5: How would ANYTHING orbit earth?

2: How do we get those fancy schmancy pictures from space?

3: Gravity would get steeper the closer to the edge you got. Once you neared the edge it would be like walking up a set of very steep stairs.

he's legit retarded, look:

Because people are retards, no other explanation is needed

If NASA showed you a picture of a giant penis in space would you also believe it's real? Not something that looks like or is shaped like a penis, if NASA had a picture of a huge fucking veiny penis ejaculating in space would you also believe it's real? The answer is yes you would believe NASA, and this shows how much power you give to people when you are not skeptical. They could literally be hiding the fact that there are giant penises floating around in space.

It sounds like I'm trolling, but I'm not. This is rhetoric to make my point. Believe nothing, you'll never actually know anything, you will only "believe."

Flat earth theory is fun. The average person cannot debate me and I even convinced someone at work the earth is flat for fun.

I personally think its a load of crap and we live on globe, but as I said, the average person does not have the debate skills to combat it. Its just easy to argue and hard to rebuttal.

Well bro if NASA shows us a picture of a giant penis in space, you might have a point.
Until then, you don't

>LE DONT TRUST ANYONE YUO CAN'T KNOW XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

The atmosphere is just a body of gas pulled down to earth by gravity, if the earth was flat and would be accelerating at 9,81 m/s trough space to keep us in the ground. What would keep the atmosphere on the flat body of the earth? What magical force would stop the atmosphere from drifting of the sides of a flat earth?

i personally have stumped several coworkers with the "why dont we weigh less on the equator due to centrifugal force" argument

Thank you.

They're being nice.

People will not debate IRL what they would online.

You're just making people steer clear of you.

How autistic are you fags believing that a falt Earth is correct. It's not and you faggots can't prove it.

sooo....its a conspiracy! lol

How fantastic would that be to have a giant penis in space. Would earth get a big cock slap with it? Good times to be had for sure.

Kek

Yeah but people started filming shit over 70 years before space travel. You're obviously retarded or a troll, but please try a bit harder to seem at least somewhat reasonable. The ancients proved it long before we actually escaped the atmosphere. You don't even need photos, just math

Mildly entertained, then I go do other things.

Show me three good pieces of evidence for a flat earth. If it's true, it should be easy.

had some skinny gay german dude at my work asking for money to travel to the north pole to prove the world is flat. told him he was a fuckin idiot and i gave him 50 cents.

What is being exposed is not that flat Earthers are retarded, but that YOU are even more retarded for having such hubris thinking you're so sure about what you don't even know. Understand how tiny this Earth is and how near-infinite the universe is for now. Something so tiny inside of this universe will NEVER understand it.

Does one of your cells understand how it's related to all the other cells that compose of your human body? No, now exponentiate that times infinity and that's how much about reality and the universe you know. Oh wait, you can't quantify that because it requires a level of mathematical computation beyond any of life's capabilities. Everything can be explained in pure mathematics and your inability to explain reality in mathematics is proof you know NOTHING about reality.

It's a lot more than simple photographs. Physics would behave much differently on a disc.

he had a go fund me let me find it

We do weigh less, by a factor of about 0.03%.

Because when i walk in straight line i dont walk in curve.
The south pole and north pole dont touch.
And my nigga harambe said so

What a load of nothing

>Yeah but people started filming shit over 70 years before filming space travel hoaxes

Oooooh big scary words! Too bad you're misusing the fuck out of them.

This is so moot, though.

Of course a large percentage of the things we believe will never be proven to us or by us or even in front of us.

If that's your burden of proof, then you are hopeless. Prove you are not a brain in a jar? It's so fruitless.

The line between blind faith and reasonable conclusion is not a thin one.

>The average person cannot debate me

>I'm really smart so that's why I like to tell anons online I'm smart and lie about how I debate people for fun just to get them to believe this cRaZy theory that I *definitely* don't believe but yeah I'm just so smart that I convince people anyway.

Centrifugal force doesn't actually exist on it's own. It's only produced as an equal and opposite reaction of centripetal force.

>this

10/10

You voted Trump as president. Your other option was another Clinton. Out of over 300 million Americans, that's the two choices you all came down to. Enough said.

No force exists on its own. They are all equal and opposite. Try again.

How are you not being a hypocrite?

Going to space isn't even HARD. Any asshole could do it. Why disbelieve?

I guess now that Trump is the PE it makes sense for all the backwards ideas to rear their ugly heads.

It's paradoxical, not hypocritical.

Does this contradict my argument or something? Did I even say where I was from?

Yeah, that's a better word for it. Thanks.

BAD Marisa!

>Any asshole could do it.

anyone wanna watch earth spin?youtube.com/watch?v=ddFvjfvPnqk

Are you retarded or something? Some forces are purely reactionary, such as kinetic friction. Others can be created or are created as a natural process, such as gravity. If there is no centripetal force holding you then you will feel no centrifugal force. It is purely reactionary.

>what is inertia

If eyes were flat, would they see a flat Earth?

You are admitting centrifugal force is real because it has a counter force (centripetal).
Every force has an equally reactive force.

Chill bro, just tryna help make you not retarded