If you don't believe in aliens or alien abductions...

>if you don't believe in aliens or alien abductions, you either haven't done your homework or are entirely; inexplicably retarded

Now that's out of the way, I have some questions:
>if aliens are so advanced, why is a physical abduction necessary? Wouldn't it just make more sense to remotely dispatch a molecule sized drone to fly into the lungs of people, and monitor shit from there?
>if they're so advanced, why would they need to 'harvest' our biological matter, instead of taking samples and artificially cloning what they need?
>if they are so advanced, what could there possibly be to learn about our planet and if there is something to learn, why haven't they learnt it within the past hundred-thousand years or so?

Thoughts.
>inb4 'because they aren't real'

Other urls found in this thread:

ufoevidence.org/documents/doc1358.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=5ODMUbe7J-I&t
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cant have satisfying sex with a mini drone.

ayy lmaos fucking love butt stuff. this requires abduction.

I don't think they abduct people. I think they probably have us cataloged in their alien wikipedia and occasionally they visit. They keep it on the downlow cause it's illegal on their world to let themselves be known by a civilization during its information age.

I have no evidence for this, but it sounds awesome.

Also gets me thinking;
>do they have a government?
>i.e., are the ayy lmao's that abduct people/visit earth acting from their own initiative, or with permission (if so, from whom?), or is it arbitrarily ordered ventures from an authority (like a Government?)

Like, imagine the most cohesive; rational, advanced societal structure you can conjure up; assume that all barriers have been broken down and anything is possible. How would you describe it?

It's probably like any government. Ranging from democratic to communistic to totalitarianistic. Probably just as turbulent if it's made of up different bodies.

There are probably a good handful of space hitlers that would put ours to shame.

When people say "do your homework" or "do your research" or any variation thereof, I immediately assume theyre retarded. Your thread did not disappoint.

Even better:
ufoevidence.org/documents/doc1358.htm

You read these quotes, and then you tell me that aliens/UFO's aren't real.

>i just did your homework for you, nigger

Aliens 100% exist. They just haven't visited earth ever you dumb cuck. Sorry you have to wait a few hundred more years at least before your anal probing.

prepping society for mass enslavement
duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You're applying human knowledge, technology, motivation, and intention to aliens. That just doesn't make sense. Anyways

> Abductions might be for behavioral studies, put the rat in a maze

> What's the difference between harvesting and sampling? Or maybe they like the taste of human flesh

> Humans have changed dramatically over the past hundred thousand years, as long as we change there is more to learn

Good, valid points. Amazing to see Sup Forums has some slight iota of cognition left in its deteriorated shell.

kek

I remember reading/hearing a comment somewhere that implied the following -

what makes us so special that they would want to stop and communicate with us?

like a human observing a bunch of creepy crawlies, proper communication would probably be very difficult with no reward.

they have no benefit to gain from our apparent fumbling folly and chimp like behavior. Even though they may know we exist. they leave us alone to mature as if a person would leave bugs alone in nature undisturbed.

some people always talk about how if aliens could reach us from wherever, they'd be too advanced to have interest in us, but what if we take the simulated-reality theory, and they are simply beings interacting with our simulated reality who aren't the original creators of the sim. like children or teenagers who somehow got into the high tech lab and started playing around with the stuff they found.

or if we're artificial intelligences in a simulated reality, who's to say there isn't another simulated reality posessing other artificial intelligences who have somehow figured out how to effect the "real" world that both our simulations exist in, like uploading themselves to a robot, which is interfacing with our simulation environment, which would necessarily be clumsy and bizarre seeming to us.

bump for more conversation

Fuck youre a slut like ur mum cunt so not even dogs feel it

what, the aliens?

>be me
>be alien
>want to reveal all
>can't

Also, just to clear things up, _we_ don't abduct people.

so you're saying that there's only one group of spacefaring creatures aside from humans?

Why do people feel the need and enjoy observing shit in nature ?
The other animals are stupid
But it's entertaining to watch them deal with different shit

All monsters are images we use to describe what we are or could become.
A tiger does tiger things all day like a tiger, you can count on it to be a tiger.
But humans are so complex that they can be worms, dogs, roaches, or even things that don't exist, like vampires, werewolves, angels or aliens.
The xenomorph in the movie Alien is the culmination of humanity's corporate domination rewarding ruthlessness. It is a nightmare and a cautionary tale.
The perve aliens made into a cliche by USAmericans are just that, nightmares based on the fear of lurking perverted kidnappers. Aliens used to be invaders, spies or plain old wild animals, they have changed in culture as our fears have.
Actually believing in Angels, werewolves, aliens or bigfoot is for children who either miss the point or have imaginations too limited to take it in.

If that's what you took from that, then absolutely yes.

Lizard People.

so based upon a tendency for humans to externalise their fears, there's no intelligent life in the universe aside from us?

I never understood the whole 'simulated reality' rationale; explain?

This.

Just because you find a particular outcome unlikely due to your world view, doesn't mean it's invalid - or for that matter, doesn't mean it's not in fact *the likely outcome*.

In 2003, philosopher Nick Bostrom proposed a trilemma that he called "the simulation argument". Despite the name, Bostrom's "simulation argument" does not directly argue that we live in a simulation; instead, Bostrom's trilemma argues that one of three unlikely-seeming propositions must be true. The trilemma points out that a technologically mature "posthuman" civilization would have enormous computing power; if even a tiny percentage of them were to run "ancestor simulations" (that is, "high-fidelity" simulations of ancestral life that would be indistinguishable from reality to the simulated ancestor), the total number of simulated ancestors, or "Sims", in the universe (or multiverse, if it exists) would greatly exceed the total number of actual ancestors. Therefore, at least one of the following three propositions is almost certainly true:

"The fraction of human-level civilizations that reach a posthuman stage (that is, one capable of running high-fidelity ancestor simulations) is very close to zero", or
"The fraction of posthuman civilizations that are interested in running ancestor-simulations is very close to zero", or
"The fraction of all people with our kind of experiences that are living in a simulation is very close to one"

Bostrom goes on to use a type of anthropic reasoning to claim that, if the third proposition is the one of those three that is true, and almost all people with our kind of experiences live in simulations, then we are almost certainly living in a simulation.

So, essentially, either:
a) A race gets so advanced that for some reason they decide to perfectly simulate less-advanced versions of themselves (us)
b) A race gets so advanced that it could simulate less-advanced versions of themselves, but isn't interested in it, or;
c) We're the simulated ancestors

is this right?

mostly.
a - is more like the percentage of civs at our level of advancement who progress to capabilities to perform such simulations is negligible, ie they either never make it to such an advanced level for whatever reason.

Yeah, or
d) None of those.

It's a ridiculous proposition that's only redeemed by the "almost certainly true" clause. As it's almost certainly not true and almost certainly true.

Y'all have some time as a species to figure that out.

We'll get there someday, I mean we'll get so advanced that this shit will be laughed at. We'll look back at ourselves the way we look at insects now.

It's funny how we look back at cavemen and think of how stupid/simple they were, when we're in reality essentially an amoeba compared to the intelligent life that exists out there

i look back at caveman and think of how magical it must have seemed to figure out how you can make lines of force go the way you want them to by hitting rocks together just right so you can make a useful tool.

nigger
youtube.com/watch?v=5ODMUbe7J-I&t

We don't know how advanced they are faggot they could be beating the shit out of each other with rocks for all we know.

>tfw right now a cavelien is getting brained with a moon-rock somewhere in the universe.

Let me preface by saying I do believe in alien life, however I don't believe that aliens would waste their time on our primitive asses. The overwhelming stupidity of the average human leads me to believe that they wouldn't consider us worth any research value, unless it were specifically in human emotion or reaction. Other than our humanity what can we offer the universe? Pollution, war, greed, etc.

It's like this:

The first broadcast ever made that was strong enough to breach the ionosphere, the firt signal that's going to reach whoever might be out there, is Adolf Hitler giving the commencement speech to the 1936 Olympic Games. Hitler is our ambassador to the galaxy, just think about that for a second.

Then realize that this has been followed by 80 years of War Of The Worlds, Alien, Mars Attacks, Starship Troopers, Independence Day, and so on (to say nothing of all the movies and tv shows about us killing each other over every petty little thing you can imagine). Basically we're broadcasting to the universe that we're murdering bastards, and will only welcome aliens we think are fuckable. Green women? Come on in. Non-humanoid? FUCK OFF OR DIE ON EARTH.

Any alien race intelligent enough to be able to make contact with earth is intelligent enough to know not to.

You might have missed the fact that their technology might have taken completemy different approach to things and they might not have invented nano tech or drones but might have invented something different still completely unknown to us.

Technological advancement is not a straight line of ideas that happen the same way for all sentient life in universe.

Also keep in mind that we use electricity for everyrhing, they could potentially be using some other way to get things done.

earthlings are the autistic brat who is forced to wear a helmet and is segregated from the general population for everybody's safety.

not gunna troll , simple question

where did they come from

You make such grand assumptions on what attributes are recognisably worthwhile.

You're not judged for what you did, what you'll do or why you do it. A mistake worth notable concern is the consistent arrogance of those who feel better than others.

A man can kill you, you're worse for saying it's wrong to kill. One is an act, the other an assumption based on clear biased ignorance. There is an important difference.

What makes you think Aliens are so smart? Cause the transportation is faster?
Such assumption, much ignorance.

Sounds like earth is an excellent place for extreme tourism.

"Live in your world, come and die in mine"
t. Humans

UFO's 100% exist, it's just a classification.
As for extraterrestrial life that visits this planet? Your quotes mean nothing more than 'someone people think they've seen aliens/recount other people who say they've seen aliena's.

It doesn't exist, you are deluded. Its as bad as bigfoot. If it were real the scientific community would be involved, there'd be hard evidence etc
There isn't because it's the fanciful ramblings of unimportant people who want to belong to something, something that makes them feel special or superior because only they 'know the truth'.
The dullest answer is usually correct, sorry.

>and no more threads about aliens were ever posted on Sup Forums again

>Implying the govt wouldn't hide the fact ayylmaos exist because the general populace would go crazy with fear and panic.
Your gross assumption is pretty disgusting tbh.

Okay, so what if the aliens don't revile violence? What if they're okay with the idea of killing your fellow man for material wealth?

Then we've been beaming out "human beings can kick the shit out of anything" for 80 years and someone's going to come stomp our shit in.

First and foremost, I fail to see how that could possibly be better than just causing aliens to avoid us, but for pertinence to the debate I must point out that the supposed UFO sightings we've had for the last century don't remotely fit this scenario. To further this point, consider the following:

If you have the ability to accelerate a vehicle to such a velocity that interstellar travel is viable, you have the ability to easily destroy a planet. Even a single regular bowling ball travelling near light speed would devastate our entire planet. We would be utterly defenseless against any warlike race with interstellar travel.

The only other alternative would be these aliens who do not decry violence and conquest receiving our broadcasts and looking up to us, which I frankly find highly unlikely and extremely egotistical. We're beaming out into the cosmos a constant stream of threats to anything that doesn't look like a human woman and no one has come to put us in our place. Either no one's out there (unlikely in my opinion) or whoever might be out there will avoid us on general principle. Even if you go the Galaxy Quest route and presume the aliens don't understand fiction and think we've actually wiped out dozens of alien races, that still equates to them having good reason to avoid us.

Dude humans are bipedal cockroaches. You can't stomp us, we only come back in bigger numbers and more fierce. We're survivors. Ayylmaos would try and fail horribly to stomp us.

we haven't been around that long. even the dinosaurs got stomped.

One bowling ball, user.
That's all it would take to wipe out the entire blue dot. No fighter-jet battles, no orbital laser bombardment, no flood of ground troops. Just one bowling ball at 90% lightspeed would be impossible to detect or intercept and the only planet with humans on it goes wobbling off its axis and out of its orbit.

By a meteorite. Not an intelligent lifeform that can FTL.

Huge difference.

like the other user is saying. if you can FTL a ship, you can FTL it right into our planet.

>Huge difference.
...unless the intelligent lifeform that can FTL drops a meteorite on us. Rocks are cheap, there's millions of them floating out in that asteroid belt.

Yes but any lifeform that wants to conquer humanity isn't gonna jump right to blowing is out of existence. They're gonna try and subjugate us before they try to smother is out of existence.

Also your imaginary bowling ball threat is fear mongering at best. Try better user, I know you can.

Also nice samefag.

why? what if they're purpose is to smother intelligent species, espeically ones who are showing signs of aberrant or agressive behavior according to whatever weird ass alien civilization charts they have?

>they're
jesus christ i finally did it

Do you conquer and subjugate cockroaches? How about wild animals that threaten you?
Or do you kill them by flinging a small piece of lead at a very high speed from a safe distance?

It's like you read my post about ignorance, ignored it, and one upped this bitch.

Your post is littered with assumptions.

What makes you think we accelerate to "such velocity". There is no need to go very fast at all.

>Implying delusional people would listen to reason
>Implying that the government is competent enough to keep that up
>Implying that 'the government's is just one unchanging organisation ck posed of exactly the same people since the 40's
>implying that supposed 'aliens' would only visit government agents/agencies/members/branches so as to allow them to keep it secret
>implying there's a reason to keep alien existence from people outside of David Ike tier conspiracy theories
>implying that the world's scientific community that encompasses the subject of extra terrestrial life is in on the the plan to hide it from the general public

>implying that the government could keep thousands of scientists quiet
implying that the government could keep the number of people who'd have to be involved quiet

Because any species that just smothers out civilizations is the kind that doesn't last very long or their puppets of an even larger master race.
I don't mindlessly kill things, even cockroaches or spiders. We all got our place in the chain. I only kill if I'm going to use.

>if you don't understand you're wrong
Pic related. Fig. 2 is your understanding of "burden of proof".

Read the "evidence", UFO's are real..
They are, like the abbreviation suggests, unidentified.
They are however not proof of alien life or abductions, as this is conspiracy bullshit for retards and basementdwellers who're in use of a realitycheck.

>There is no need to go very fast at all.
lol spontaneous position jump
why don't you conjure up the philosopher's stone and transmute lead into gold while you're at it?

I think it's ignorant to say there isn't such a thing, but really truly I don't like the notion that all 'alien' phenomenon are greater and smarter beings than humans. Humans are pretty sick like we've come along way, we are advanced as fuck.

You seriously underestimate the power of the us govt user. I'm honestly ashamed.

And are you implying that other nations wouldn't also hide the fact ayylmaos exist or that you think everyone is a bumbling idiot that wants to blow all the bells and whistles.

Not everyone is assange.

i was mocking that post, not praising it.

Don't need the philosopher's Stone to do that user. We can do that now.

If aliens wanted to attack us, a kinetic weapon from far away seems like a more plausible scenario instead of lasers and buzz saws

If aliens have visited Earth, why the fuck would they be so mysterious about it and why would they give two shits about what we think? If they're advanced enough to travel here, they could destroy us easily. They would either have taken over the Earth or just ignored us and left us to evolve naturally. This whole "spooky alien abductions" and "mysterious aliens that just float around then vanish" crap is ridiculous

>We can do that now.
lol not without colliding stars you can't.

ants exhibit many traits of what we call civilization, yet we routinely destroy entire colonies because they're an inconvenience. i'm not saying you personally do this, but our species does this so regularly that anybody with some pocket change can walk into the largest retailer on the planet and buy a little container of genocide for ants.

where are you getting this stuff from?

Aliens exist. They're just not abducting people or hanging out around earth.

The chances would be astronomical that one race of sentient beings comes to a space-faring age, then just happens to run into another. This isnt star trek. Who knows if there's warp drive, but even still. What primitive method of study? They abduct you and run invasive tests? Yet they're advanced enough to travel the stars? Doesn't really make any sense if you think about it.

Getting what stuff? Use your big boy words user.
It's called the hadron. Read up on it bb.

Honestly, just waiting for you guys to develop fusion energy. We estimate between 50 and 100 years now. Although recent developments have come to light which may reduce that number down to within the next 20 years.

It's really that simple.

No. It's not spontaneous position jump. The universe is quite capable of placing us wherever we need to be. Velocity is about as relevant as a hamster on its wheel.

You're overestimating its ability to not fuck up/bungle things/lose files etc
>not everyone is an Assange
There would be leaks, something big. And no, like I said, there's no reason not to admit it if actually news got out, doesn't even make sense hiding it from scientists etc the government would need their help. Why would they bother?
My bad, sorry about that.

>puppets of an even larger master race

that stuff

keeek

Are you referring to the LHC? I hope not because you're talking shit if you are.

That collides atoms together and forces them to break apart for study.

It doesn't fuse protons to form different elements. (I.e. turning lead to gold).

Because the majority of people who are on control believe containment is better than enlightenment. It's a sad reality but the truth.

Simple logic. Any civilization that can achieve FTL would recognize the use of a strong bit dimwitted puppy empire to do your dirty work. Also because, if you can hire a bunch of degenerates to do your dirty work, why would you do it yourself?

Oh, it's just that simple? Like aliens wouldn't have already developed fusion energy for themselves? Why do they need to wait for us? Why don't they take our resources and leave?

Not the LHC, the hadron. God element, has transmuting abilities and other we don't even know about.
Not the LHC.

can you walk me through that? i may be stupid, but i don't see the logic of this.

Op stop watching ancient aliens dude

As I said, they couldn't contain it without the aid of people they don't control. Too many people, they'd never keep them all quiet, it doesn't exist.
>this thing that we know nothing about, well I know it'll let us do this specific thing.
Forgive me for assuming you're talking complete shit.

>hadron
Hadrons are subatomic particles, user. Protons, Baryons, etc. Breaking apart lead atoms and causing them to reform with 3 fewer protons and electrons and 8 fewer neutrons is entirely out of it's capability even if all you were trying to make were a single atom.
>The universe is quite capable of placing us wherever we need to be
Not quite the stupidest thing I've read this year, but you're in the top 10.

Yeah sure.

I may be applying human logic to ayylmaos, but I'm working on the assumption theure intelligent lifeforms that recognize an opportunity to better themselves the easy way.

If you look through most of human history mercenaries are nothing new. They've been around since the beginning of mans struggle to assert themselves over others by way of absolute power. Whether that power be economic, throigh a coalition of people forming a govt or even pure might.

People paying or manipulating other to do the work they don't wanna (in this case apply wiping out the human race) they'll find people to that work for them.

See jobs and career if youre further confused.

>the hadron. God element, has transmuting abilities and other we don't even know about.
You have NO idea what you're talking about.

"Hadrons are categorized into two families: baryons, made of three quarks, and mesons, made of one quark and one antiquark. Protons and neutrons are examples of baryons; pions are an example of a meson."

Yes and you're assuming that everyone wants to share the information that ayylmaos exist. What if the teams used ro contain are aware of the oh shit factor and realize it should be kept quiet.

And scientists hardly have a history of blowing whistles, any scientist worthwhile to work on alien tech is gonna keep quiet to continue working on it. Trust me.

>and you're assuming everyone wants to share
Strawman harder. It only takes one person to leak shit, genius.

>have FTL
>still need meat people to actually do 'dirty work'
Doubtful.

And if it one person do you realize how easy it'd be to make that person seem like a quack? Seriously I'm starting to doubt your intelligence.

Look at how many people thought assange was a quack before more people stepped forward to confirm what he said.

And if some scientist did blow a whistle and the us discredited them and ran them through the washers if nothing else to show the others what'd happen if they did.

So if et needs shit done they come to us humans too do there dirty work ??

At least its not a fucking YLYL furry or porn thread. Even if you don't think this is a good topic for discussion, at least it IS a topic for discussion.

>Trust me
No.
They're not going to keep then all quiet, it's not just scientists. It's scientists, their assistants, their lab technicians, their secretaries, their porters etc etc etc

The aliens have arrived !

And you can apply it all the way down the chain. Seriously, I'm guessing you've never worked for the govt they take their shit seriously.