So Sup Forums, my girlfriend and I have been together for 6+ years now and I have to say...

So Sup Forums, my girlfriend and I have been together for 6+ years now and I have to say, she is the best thing to have ever happened to me. We are both best friends and lovers ( a rare thing), and we share a lot of the same interests (though less than when we originally started our relationship). The problem is, we have started to let go of ourselves after being together for so long. I have gained a lot of weight (as has she) and because of this we are becoming more and more depressed because of it. We are now working on piecing things back together, and losing weight from our fat ass bodies but depression has set in. We are also working 40+ hrs a week, and we both go to University (she is a math & computer science double major) and I am a International affairs & political science double major (both of us plan on going for our Ph.D's, we are both intellegent enough for it). But this too has added to the stress. Anyway...

In the mean time, what would you recommend we do in the mean time to get rid of some of the depression. Shot in the dark asking on Sup Forums I know, but I have faith in you fuckups (even if I am not very religious).

So, what do you guys got? Pic unrelated.

Start doing sports, preferably combat one. Really helped with my depression and anxiety.

>intellegent

exercise will help with depression

Post tits of gf and maybe we could help

Lifting weights does the trick, too. I like it more since you don't have to socialize.

OP here.
She might be up for that as well I guess. What type of sports would you recommend?

Yes, I've tried lifting too, but it's become too dull for me. Besides, it's very repetitive and boring. Doing muay thai now, love the dynamics, and my physical performance is much better than when I was lifting, actually. But that's just my opinion.

The benefits of lifting is, for myself, that I have time to think. No distractions. And if my brother works out with me, we have time to talk.
It's a bit of "me time", because I can imagine that in muay thai you get to know new people and stuff like that, since it's something you train in pairs.
But well. For OP actually every sport would work. The point is to get sweating and exhausted. Your mindset will change after one or two hours of sports, whatever its kind, drastically.

Personally I do muay thai. I would recommend either this, or boxing/mma. Again, that's my personal preference.

Have you tried getting drunk while playing DND?

Yes, user, you are right in that sense. If you lift, you don't have to socialize whatsoever, just concentrate on your routine. For me, I wanted a more dynamic and aggressive sports, thus I chose muay thai. That being said, lifting is great too, it's just a matter of preference.

I was in the same situation, met my gf 8 years ago. We where both in shape, but over the years you get that relationship fat going. She started loosing confidence and so did i. 2 years ago we got tired of it and started working out together and got into sports. She got into soccer and I got into boxing. Soccer was good for her because it was a lot of running and she got into a all girl team and she enjoyed it a lot. And for me boxing is good because it's a lot of cardio and building strength at the same time, working the heavy bag especially. But what it comes down to a lot is diet, it HAS to change or else nothing will come of it. We both changed our diets followed a meal plan. At this point now my gf went from 160 to 120. I dropped down from 250 to 225 but have lost most of my body fat. Also tell her to consider yoga. Trust me you both will enjoy! Lol

1 stop eating so much fat you greasy lard. eat fruit veggies rice pasta potatos. shit like that

2 each of you get a bike. not a lazyass cruiser. a real road bike and start cycling around. dont drive places, cycle. burn fat not oil.

3 move your body daily. go on walks if you arent exercising that day

lifting weights is too injury prone. stressful on the body and doesnt burn fat like cardio. boxing is okay but it takes a lot of endurance to start with and its not straight cardio.

excercise more, eat less food, drink more water. it will obliterate your depression.

This.
I go to work with my bike, and I've zero fat. In addition, I don't pay gas and instance.

Do this too, but it really sucks in the winter. So really depends on your local climate

We were in the same situation, nothing easy I'm afraid:
1. Put down the fork
2. Get more exercise

Also do you mean "depressed" or sad? These days every fucker who stubs their toe is suddenly 'depressed'. If you are, get help- medication or therapy. If you're just sad because you both let yourself go, fucking grow a pair, you got fat not cancer, grow up.
Good luck.

Sexercise

>stressful on the body and doesnt burn fat like cardio

Simply not true.

I'm very serious OP: you and your GF try KRATOM. I'ts not a retard drug, read about it. It will lift you up, you will lose weight smoothly.
I was a fatfuck with a medium to serious alcohol problem: all gone. Losing weight steadily. Running every other day. Getting shit done. I LOVE KRATOM.

>/fit/memes
despite what internet gurus whos living depends on you buying their supplements and troll internet forums say, weight lifting is stressful on your entire body. your heart, lungs, ligaments, tendons, and possibly even muscle can get severely damaged trying to lift heavy weights. the human body is just not meant to lift things, we evolved to be endurance athletes.

you burn fat when you breathe. when youre breathing heavy, fat gets expelled as co2 gas. weights barely get your breathing up like cardio does.

If you do only cardio, you will lose the tiny bits of muscle mass you have. You may become leaner, but the fat still can stay, making you a lighter wobbling mass. But still a wobbling mass with strong legs.

>weights barely get your breathing up like cardio does.
Again, not true. Look at 2 split or 3 split training plans. The exercices start by 3x4 repitions with heavy weight, 3x10 with medium weight, 3x20 with light weight.
3x20 with light weight is endurance training and will get you breathing deeply.

Pure cardio training is good for girls or becoming a sissy wearing tube jeans. The advantage of men is to build muscle masses faster, even use up their fat ressources for it. Don't let go of that.

OP here, seasonal depression (live in the north). Its not solely because "we got fat" but is a contributing factor.

Started to take Vit. D supplements, which have helped a bit.

Read

Just lift weights. Go in there for at least 20 min consistently. Slowly you'll start feeling way better about yourself and physically get better. Feels good walking out of the gym knowing you weren't a slob that day

And motivation. You won't get anywhere starting off something like a whiny bitch