Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone

>Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone
>and the Sorcerers Stone
>burgers

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_works_with_different_titles_in_the_United_Kingdom_and_United_States
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Better name desu. Don't know why it was philosopher's stone in the first place.

Yes, yes, well done, Burgers. Well done Burgers.

HOWEVER

Because the stone is called the Philosopher's stone in the movie

Burger King Kids Club amerilards don't even know what a fucking philosopher is. Embarrassing.

Should have called it the sorcerer's stone.

You live in the information age. You can literally Google It. Philosophers Stone is an actual legend.

How does that change the fact that sorcerer's stone sounds better?

It was changed to Sorcerers due to Americans having no idea what a Philosopher is.

>true story

First two movies are always a delight, I like the 3rd one but after that it became typical teen love interest/drama, pushing the premise to the background

Not even the worst part. The entire US version of the book "translates" all the British vernacular into Americanese because Americans have trouble relating to anything outside their country.

I don't know, but this is one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the seriesüf only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but itüfs certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books are good though
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King. Thats for sure.

Philosophy is equivalent to sorcery in the eyes of Christian American simpletons.

But they're all sorcerers

>This opinion is a fact.
So amount of alliteration alters the ACTUAL fact that The Philosopher's Stone is a "real" legend, or the fact that the name was changed owing to ignorance.

>Wizard = Sorceror
Usually no.

Why does it matter if it's a "real" legend? Movies change little details all the time. Sorcerer's stone just sounds better. No clue where you got the idea that alliteration has anything to do with it though. Maybe you're retarded. I wouldn't expect much more from a harry potter fan.

Americans cannot into philosophy.

>Shitty grandparents on my mother's side wouldn't let me watch magic shows or Harry Potter as a kid because they were religious as fuck.

>English titles get changed for America all the time.
Give ten examples.

The movies are trash, the books are trash, your opinion is still an opinion not a fact and there was no reason to alter the title except to account for the assumption of americans being too retarded to use google. You seem to prove that assumption.

You're really not good at arguing are you kiddo?
Your opinions are just that, your opinions. Go cry in your corner if all you can do is sperg out over someone else having an opinion

>English titles get changed for America all the time.

Show me where I said that, then apologize for making shit up to shift the argument to your side.

Is this actually a real thing or is it just a meme?

He's welcome to an opinion, but he states it as a fact. That's the issue. Read more carefully.

This is what fundies actually believe.

>Americans having no idea what a Philosopher is.
no, it just sounds boring.

No, it's real. My parents were really religious but let me read the books luckily but I knew other kids from my church who weren't allowed. I wasn't allowed to watch the Simpsons though.

nice pasta

You stated details get changed. Given the detail in question is a UK title to a US title, I asked for specific examples. Do you have any?

>I'm still too retarded to use Google
>And Proud

What? Americans know what a philosopher is, you retard. It's BORING to kids when they're expecting wizards.
Reading comprehension, do you have it?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_works_with_different_titles_in_the_United_Kingdom_and_United_States

The Philosopher's Stone is a "real" magical artefact. Why are you scared of kids learning?

Thank you, are we done now? I'm pretty sure you have nothing else of value to add.

>The US editor felt that the original title would be misinterpreted, as the legend of the Philosopher's stone and its links to alchemy are not widely known in America.

Not everyone knew about this myth.
Especially back in the 90's when not everyone had internet access.
Why is this hard for you to understand?

I wasn't even the guy you were arguing with. You were just being a dumb cunt who couldn't google.

Not everyone being dumb Americans.

>Not everyone had internet access
First off, you're implying that Internet access is presently universal, when it is not.
Secondly you're implying internet access was less in the 90's, not true, it was simply slower and was mostly wired. What has increased is WAYS to access, not LEVELS.
Thirdly, before the internet there were two kinds of magical buildings, Libraries and Schools, maybe you heard of them?

Precisely.

It's a fact the name was only changed for ignorant Americans.

Internet access was a luxury in the 90s, not a normal part of everyday life. Most people didn't get Internet access until the 00s, when everything went online.

>harry potter and the sorcerer's stone
>there's no sorcerer's stone in the film
SHIIEEEEET

Internet access for some still is a luxury.
All that changed between 90's and now is how one can access. It used to be just desktop, now it's in your pocket.

Really? Examples?

It's bullshit.

except that it doesnt sound better

More like Harry pooter and the DOG SHIT

After Voldemort is defeated and global wizard equality is achieved, the influx of half-breeds and less-capable wizards into Hogwarts and other magical schools grows dramatically. Criticisms of this change are met with accusations of bigotry, including calls of “you are starting to sound like You Know Who!” This process continues, with miscegenation becoming “all the rage” for the next hundred years.

By the year 2100, magical blood lines have become so diluted that very few people can actually use magic. Magical creatures find that they cannot communicate with students at school, wands begin to refuse ownership, and tensions rise as “pure” students begin to unite. The fear of a return to the Dark Days is still strong, and those critics who raise concerns over the decline in quality and use of magic are called “bigots” for their anti-muggleblood views.
In more progressive circles, prominent “intellectual” wizards begin to suggest that magic doesn’t really exist- not objectively, anyway. It is merely a social construct, and witchcraft and wizardry can manifest themselves in many different forms, most of which don’t involve the use of magic at all. This is met with great by the majority of muggleborns, though there is still discontent among those who continue to actually use magic “correctly”

To combat growing discontent, the Ministry of Magic decrees that “flagrant displays of magic” are now illegal on school grounds, as this can result in prejudice and feelings of unwelcomeness for muggleborn witches and wizards, who are utterly incapable of casting spells (even those who manage to keep wands). The school removes most its “applied magic” curriculum, instead replacing it with “Justice-Oriented Magic” and “Muggleborn Studies” which focus on present-day social issues and the various expressions of “Alternative Magic” that are popular at the time, such as Ouija boards, Tarot cards and divination of palms and tea-leaves.

*nods respectfully*

I don't remember the details but wasn't hermione born of two muggle parents and yet was a more competent wizard than most

It just means she has squibs in her ancestry.

>VOLDEMORT APPEAR IN FRONT OF YOU
>CAST AVADA KEDAVRA
>LAST IMAGE ON YOUR FOLDER IS YOUR REACTION

Holy Shit. The Philosopher's Stone is actually a legendary alchemical pursuit. It represents the endpoint of knowledge; health and wealth.

Philosophy offends and scares the burgers so they had to change it.

>implying rowdy wizard lads didn't confundus the fine bird that was Hermione's mum into fucking them the day they turned seventeen

Dumb fucking shit 3 5 6 7 are goat