"So you can replace caps to keep your shit running instead of buying another one every 3 years? well...

"So you can replace caps to keep your shit running instead of buying another one every 3 years? well, i think we gotta do something about it then".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oKpfjVkmGvA&t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What is?

the board is covered in epoxy

i think he's asking what the device is

No he's complaining that the maker of this device poured in epoxy to keep him from swapping out defective/burned components

This

No freaking clue.

If I knew how to replace caps that'd piss me off cuz I know how easy of a fix that is. Never learned to solder though, I'm sure I'd fuck something up

Before circuit boards and integrated chips, electronics used capacitors and resistors to manage the flow of electricity and states.

These are said caps and capacitors.

Just don't put it reverse, or it literally blows up.

You still need capacitors and resistors for 90% of circuits... Even with ICs

Soldering isn't very hard, even an idiot like me can do it.

Waste of epoxy. Most people can't even change their own spark plugs much less a damned set of caps. This is why I 3d print my own housing, acid etch my own boards, and use Mil-spec components so I don't have to deal with such nonsense.

>Before circuit boards and integrated chips, electronics used capacitors and resistors to manage the flow of electricity
>before circuit boards

If it wasn't for the epoxy I'd says yes, best bet it to hook the source up to a power supply, and follow the circuit with a volt meter until you find the area your circuit "dies".

I'd then replace the part directly before the "dead zone".

I'm sure it's not hard, I just don't have the confidence to jump in. I'd have to practice on some old boards or something first

This is true, your IC is just a logic gate but the the IO needs transformations to prepare it for delivery

nigger
youtube.com/watch?v=oKpfjVkmGvA&t

Yeah, I soldered together a bunch of LEDs for my aquarium. It wasn't complete shit by the time I was done.

Yeah he probably means pcb's

Potting circuit boards is for vibration resistance and actually keeps your device working longer, as long as they build it with quality components.

iPhone 6 is having problems because of no underfill.

Can't have it both ways.

lol filename, clever.

Not necessary if you use external dampers! Damn it where do you even come up with this shit? Obvious conspiracy is obvious.

So fucking triggered right now get that shit out of here

If packaging allows it, sure, use external dampers. Heavy components still need some kind of selastic or other physical reinforcement to keep them from ripping out under their own mass.

There's more than one way to skin a cat.

I'm gonna have to agree with the other guy.. Epoxy is a net gain in durability

time to buy stocks in epoxy companies i guess

"You can see, but you can't touch. MWAAHAHAHAH"

Uh huh. Don't come crying to me when heat can't dissipate and the caps pop inside your epoxy reinforcement. A well designed housing would be the best of both worlds but I suppose not everyone can copy the Korean design.

>milspec computer parts
lol'd
Super useful for when you're in the field and you need to call in a strike while simultaneously beating someone (with brown skin) to death with the computer itself.

but y haff be Jew fag? das rood

Caps are capacitors dickbreath

That's Hitler's daughter. Did you know that?

"hey dude! i'm washing your PCB"

>Y epoxy tho?

Ruggedisation / waterproofing.
Tamper-proofing (e.g. race car ECUs)
Conceal novel circuits from easy copying.

>hurdurp