Man panda, we're starting to get a decent record here, but I can't shake the feeling that somethings missing

>man panda, we're starting to get a decent record here, but I can't shake the feeling that somethings missing.
>hmmm, I know Avey! Lets add a ton of terrible high frequency noises on top of our tracks to make it so that no one can comfortably listen to them without experiencing pain, and hipsters can jerk off to how experimental and obscure the album is!

what a shit album

There's about 2 tracks this happens on and one of them's a noise track. Either that or my high-frequency hearing is fucked.

if you don't get it just say it, dude
also this album is not obscure

centipide hz is better

no
it's underrated though

This is the worst band ever, and at the risk of sounding like a lot of myopic mu posters, this board jerks them off ten times more than any other forum or publication ever has or will.

This is music for bald, tattooed white English teachers who want to experience the art and culture of the world...but only if it's filtered through a handful of private school New England white boys.

It's music for people who are constantly angry, but only ever take it out on their steering wheel while they drive between personal defeats, screaming the words to For Reverend Green.

Brother Sport is fine.

>I'm afraid of light noise elements in my pop music
I remember being 16

Animal Collective isn't angry at all.

>Lets add a ton of terrible high frequency noises on top of our tracks
It happens twice you baby

>This is music for bald, tattooed white English teachers who want to experience the art and culture of the world...but only if it's filtered through a handful of private school New England white boys.
that's a new one

I mean, fair enough if you don't like them at all. But it's kinda ridiculous to dismiss their merit and say "it's music for ____", when so many people really like them

post proof you aren't white

Yeah I agree that a couple of times, the noise doesn't add anything. Overall, I enjoy most of the noise elements on the album though

I am white, but I'm not bald, tattooed, English, or basically ever angry. Sure, I'd say For Reverend Green is a good track for when you're angry, but I happen to think that a lot of their songs are really beautiful. It's not all angry stuff at all

This is going to sound basic as all hell, but just turn the volume down during the noise songs.

Not it won't destroy your ears, and you'll be able to appreciate how it compliments the psychedelica with comfort.

As you get older you can't hear some of the harsh high frequency noises. So while you are able to understand the music easier as you grow up, it will lose some of the magic that it once had.

Post proof you're not a bald tattooed English teacher.

the magic...of harsh high frequency noise

It's not really relevant to my point

Thanks for cosigning me, buddy.

That's exactly what a bald tattooed English teacher would say in this predicament.

Fine here's a photo of me

ah! a new trip for the filter list, how quaint

That's actually me so nice try.

The first few times you hear it lower volume is almost a necessity

Blane geologist that edgy try hard

Geez wa-leeze that's some nice projection

people just turn down or skip the noise tracks until they get a feel for the album unless they were already into noise. or just delete them if you hate them so much and its still great

Wow what a pleb

Spirit was just Avey with Panda on drums

You know you don't have to listen to the songs you don't like on a record?

>It's music for people who are constantly angry, but only ever take it out on their steering wheel while they drive between personal defeats, screaming the words to For Reverend Green.

h-how did you know?

its a sonic reenforcement of the albums lyrics which detail the harsh realities of coming of age

the pleasant psych pop stuff is supposed to represent the comfortable, innocent, and care-free lifestyle of childhood and the noisy abrasive parts represent the harsh realities of adult life and the loss of innocence associated with it. its supposed to be ugly.

This.

Listening to this album is a spiritual experience desu.

>man panda, we're starting to get a decent record here, but I can't shake the feeling that somethings missing.
>Why are you calling me Panda, David?

/thread
you need to listen to more than the first three songs to call it a shit album OP

Thanks for making me want to listen to Danse Manatee.

senapede hz is better

none of them are from new england

post your steering wheel

Giving this a go after rejecting AC a while ago after listening to MPP and Feels.
Wtf this is completely different, I might actually like it.

I feel like the first track would only sound right with a certain audio set up. Like you need surround sound in an echo chamber with soundproofing tiles arranged in a dick shape on the floor and your head placed at the very tip of that dick.

>soundproofing tiles arranged in a dick shape on the floor and your head placed at the very tip of that dick

>white
nice racial generalization there, bucko

Geo was there in Spirit.

Get a load of this guy

That may be so, but that doesn't change the fact that such tracks still take away from the overall quality of the album.

Not him btw, I love STGSTV.

He played at a couple of the shows they played after, but not on the record. It was pretty much all Avey. Where are you hearing otherwise?

Besides, the album would be credited to "Avey Tare, Panda Bear, and Geologist" instead of just "Avey Tare and Panda Bear"

*ahem* Geo was there IN SPIRIT (THEY'VE VANISHED). ;)))))

Danse Manatee is better in every way imaginable. Prove me wrong. A Manatee Danse -> Penguin Penguin -> Another White Singer - > Essplode -> Meet the Light Child is no joke one of the best 5 song streaks in their discography.

They're not really comparable.

i only read like half of the first line of this post but i can tell it sucks

why are they not comparable?

good one m8

i was going to say this too

it's their worst album

first song is the best song by far what are you talking about??

You must really feel oppressed huh?
Oo look out, soon they might lynch you....