Rape Me? Uhh, it's an ANTI rape song, duh-doi!

>Rape Me? Uhh, it's an ANTI rape song, duh-doi!

Seriously, fuck him.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fiwhwy7S4qA
youtube.com/watch?v=gOZKz_sPM6U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well it's not a pro-rape song you fucking moron

>I Hate Myself and I Want to Die? Dude, I was being ironic!
>*shoots self*
What did he mean by this
>inb4 cuntney did it

>Claimed to be a feminist
>Cheated on his girlfriends and physically abused his wife

But muh abortion rights

>if I can't be my own
>I'd feel better dead
>becomes a starving crackhead NEET who plays video games until death
What did he mean by this?

what is ur point

John Lemon was a huge cuck though to make up for it

>but I'm a creep
>gets divorced

lol

>downward spiral
>is actually very successful
fucking liar

it wasn't an anti rape song
cobains lyrics had no meaning

>JUUUUUUUST DOOOOOON'T LEEEEAAAAVE
>leaves wife when she's dying of cancer for younger woman
Damn Thom

>American Football
>Is actually Owen

Nirvana definitely evokes the pop music version of "ironic shitposting is still shitposting"

cobains schlick was making faux-edgy music while he was the proto-submissive of his time. this was just one of those instances

who did he leave for? also im pretty sure she was diagnosed after they split.

Thom was already divorced when she was diagnosed

>proto-submissive
what

>muh SJW gibberish

Dajana Roncione (I hope that's spelt right)

they played Rape Me during the Rwandan Genocide to encourage rape of the Tutsi population

kek

Go to bed Paul Kagame

So enough of the stupid discussion happening in this thread, what was that song even for and what meaning are we supposed to take away from it

Most people see it as a jibe at the music industry, but Kurt said it was meant to be an anti-rape song:
>"Basically, I was trying to write a song that supported women and dealt with the issue of rape. Over the last few years, people have had such a hard time understanding what our message is, what we're trying to convey, that I just decided to be as bold as possible. How hard should I stamp this point? How big should I make the letters? It's not a pretty image. But a woman who is being raped, who is infuriated with the situation . . . it's like "Go ahead, rape me, just go for it, because you're gonna get it." I'm a firm believer in karma, and that motherfucker is going to get what he deserves, eventually. That man will be caught, he'll go to jail, and he'll be raped. So rape me, do it, get it over with. Because you're gonna get it worse."

damn he's got a nice jaw.

You're both dumb. He said in interviews that he was tired of people reading too much into his lyrics so wrote a stupidly blunt anti-rape song. The best part is that people then proceeded to read into its stupidly blunt lyrics too much, claiming it was about how he felt about privacy from the media and other bullshit. Then a bit later he shot himself, for reasons that are fairly clear but still somehow spawned an ongoing conspiracy theory.

>fuck him
without consent?

why is onion so good

Rape Me is lyrically influenced by early Swans.

shit that's actually impressive. respeck for kurt all the way

lol

>it's all come round back to breaking apart again
>breaking apart like i'm made up of glass again
>embark on huge tour and get more rich and happy

shut up ya fucking whinging cunt

I agree that it's a shit song. It was a little better when they debuted it... at the Paramount show I think... and it was slower and creepier, but it's still Cobain in maximum cringe mode.

Anyhow this video is funny.
youtube.com/watch?v=fiwhwy7S4qA

When the guy says it seems like the lyrics are just thrown in there, and Krist makes this uh-oh face at Kurt.

cuntney did it

good goy

he doesn't need your respect you little twerp

is this recent? are they friends now?

I know they were both there when Nirvana was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2014 or whatever year it was. Maybe it's from then.

i think courtney is cool i wish everything wasn't so...afro-centric right now she'd probably be famous

thats ariel pink dummy

It's like when someone tells you that the birthday song was copyrighted. We knew, everyone knew but you

How do you come to that conclusion?

>He said in interviews
irrelevant
>stupidly blunt anti-rape song
It's not blunt at all.
"rape me my friend" how is that bluntly anti rape? Bluntly anti-rape would be "please don't rape me because rape is bad and you're not my friend anymore because friends wouldn't do that to each other"

Didn't he write it before Nevermind came out? I've seen video of him performing it in '91. So he couldn't have written it in reaction to people reading into his lyrics because no one cared at that time.

yeah I found that video in the suggestions too

As if you can't tell by the tone and all of the lyrics that aren't just "rape me" what the song is about.

Like how many pro-rape songs can you think of off the top of your head that weren't by some lean guzzling Houston rapper or some shit?

nirvana are really important to me because they were the first band i was properly in love with but with age and hindsight i'm able to understand that kurt was an idiot

also fuck krist fuck him forever

but stuff like 4:50 onwards are still v hard for my inner child to not respond to youtube.com/watch?v=gOZKz_sPM6U . how much of me is still irreversibly modelled on this guy? it's weird

>As if you can't tell by the tone and all of the lyrics that aren't just "rape me" what the song is about.
You literally can't
>Rape me my friend
desire for rape
>I'm not the only one
The only one what? the only one that likes rape?
>Hate me do it again
desire for more rape
>My favorite inside source I'll kiss your open sores I appreciate your concern You're gonna stink and burn
literally random shit

>how many pro-rape songs can you think of off the top of your head that weren't by some lean guzzling Houston rapper or some shit?
not an argument. Who cares what other people do? Maybe not many people like rape as much as Kurt

When I hear this song I think of the type of girl into masochism and rape role play sex.

>fuck krist
what did he do?