Simpsons Jokes You Never Got

>Eh they're not so bad, they even named a street after me...
*whispering*
>IT'S FULL OF WHAT!?!??!

What is it full of?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3j7yUTQZH8k
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castro_District,_San_Francisco
twitter.com/hankazaria/status/476641398859776000
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fags

This. Castro hated fags.

I'm the first non-Brazilian time traveler

give what back?

How is this funny?

Lisa is the writer's mouth piece

>What is it full of?
mariconsones

moe gets a cell phone
what's funy about that?

It's not supposed to be.

>Simpson Scandal update: Homer Simpson sleeps NUDE in an oxygen tent, which he believes gives him SEXUAL powers!
>Hey, that's the half truth!
I don't get it.

well either Homer sleeps nude in an oxygen tent or Homer believes that sleeping in an oxygen tent would give him sexual powers.

He sleeps nude.

It's a non sequitur.

Basically a random punchline

So there's a Castro Street in America that is full of fags?

San Francisco's Castro Street is ground zero for fags.

In Spanish it goes like this:
>Eh they're not so bad, they even named a street after me...
*whispering*
>What, Its another Castro?!

Latin American dub is goat tier and literally makes the show way more funnier

youtube.com/watch?v=3j7yUTQZH8k

Ignore the other idiots.

It means the statement is so absurd that it must be a lie, but it's funny because Homer says it's a half-truth. No more, no less.

Was, until they got rid of Humberto Velez and got that fuckawful Lisa replacement

What language does the Bumblebee Guy speak in the Spanish Dubs? The joke is that no one understands him but if they're all speaking Spanish that gets lost doesn't it?

He speaks with a really strong mexican accent, but in one episode he said a word in french and homer said ''Don't talk to that foreigner''

Spanish.
The joke becomes he is a parody of latino shows, and all of LatinAmerica is ok with that.

Spanish, no one cares.
It's funny that Velez left shortly before the show became unwatchable trash. There's now absolutely no reason to watch the newest episodes, terrible jokes, terrible voices.

Similar oxygen tent rumors were also spread and likely true about Michael Jackson at the time.

Lanley: Wondering if your dolly can ride the Monorail for free?.
Lisa: Hardly. I’d like you to explain why we should build a mass-transit system in a small town with a centralised population.
Lanley: Ha ha…young lady, that’s the most intelligent question I’ve ever been asked.
Lisa: Really?
Lanley: Oh, I could give you an answer, but the only ones who would understand it would be you and me…and that includes your teacher.
Lisa:

I have never understood this exchange

He was appealing to Lisa's smugness by implying she was smarter than her teacher

It's less of a joke and more of an example of Lanley being a good con man. He successfully deflects Lisa's question by stroking her ego.

The joke is that Lisa isn't as smart as she thinks she is. She went into usual Lisa mode and got played immediately.

this
great way to deflect and never give an answer, works irl all the time, give it a try!

Nah I read his autobiography back when I was an edgy Communist in high school (shortly after I departed my edgy Nazi phase). He says he regrets a lot of the persecution of gay people early during his rule where they had mandatory Electroconvulsive therapy, but he attributed it more to Cuban 'machoistic' culture rather than to religion or communism. He said he is now opposed to discrimination against gays.

I never got pic related, someone help me out.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castro_District,_San_Francisco

It's basically gay Mecca

Oh that makes it alright then, I'll use the same line in court to get away with torturing gays.

>lanley stoked Lisa's ego

Could they actually show this in the 90s?

>car hold
What did he mean by this?

>hold
fuck outta here man, it's hole and you know it

I'm just wondering am I the only Americunt who didn't know what Krusty was talking about when he starts explaining the Falklands War?

Like it honestly blew my mind when I learned that Argentina and the UK went to war over them. I mean I was born several years after the war and I never once heard anyone talk about it, it was just a small joke on The Simpsons.

The joke is that women with long hair wrap a towel around their head to dry off, making it hard to hear when if they're on the phone while wearing the towel.

twitter.com/hankazaria/status/476641398859776000

I couldn't avoid this bait

It was a small joke irl too. Argentina tried to look big and got wrecked over some nothing islands

That's a good point. Of course, Falklands/Malvinas banter is commonplace on forums such as this, but I'm not sure if I've ever heard anyone discuss the war in real life. To be fair, it's not like it really affected us Americans in any way, and I'm sure there are even wars we participated in, like the Balkans intervention in the 90s, that most Americans also don't know about.

When Homer says “yes, once,” is he referring to some previous time he’d seen a man say goodbye to a shoe? or
Is he referring to having JUST SEEN Hank throw away his shoes?

I learned about the Balkans thing because of that Owen Wilson movie about it. Otherwise never heard a peep from anyone else

just seen, imo

>They all follow their video cartridges

Sup Forums basically innit

He talks in a strong mexican accent, like Chicanos trying to speak spanish.

I think the affirmative 'yes' makes it sound like he's recalling something from the past.

That everyone is a retarded except Lisa and him.

Even with Velez, I think it was around season 7 or 8 when he started making a retard voice instead of regular Homer.

I understood "Sneed Feed and Seed", "Bloodbath and Beyond" and basically like every store name joke, but this one.

What does the dryyyyyy means? What's the punchline?

It was a pretty minor war. It's mostly memorable because it's really the biggest conflict between two "developed" nations since WWII.

lol

then you might be autistic or just retarded

First time nuclear subs and harrier were used in actual combat

I think the joke is just that dry food is considered boring and unappealing, and this cracker company is emphasizing the dryness of their crackers as a point of pride. It would be like Quaker Oats calling themselves "the blaaaaaaand oatmeal."

It's really fucking dry, not what people want in a cracker

All crackers are dry but theirs are dryyyyyyy

What? That's exactly what people want in a Cracker.

It's a very boring food that stays good for a long time and is decent when you put cheese/spread on it.

homer (or rather Dan) was just trying to be spontaneous and witty but he couldn't quite keep up with his partner

>voice actors improving
I don't think that's how this show is made.

Basically this. Crackers are boring and emphasizing the dryness was the only tag line they could come up with.

ITT:

Brooks actually did improvise when he came on.

this 2bh

Castro street was to homosexuals what Madison Avenue is to the ad industry, Wall Street is to the financial industry and K Street is to lobbyists.

Castro would presumably not have been thrilled about this (although I don't think it was originally named after him)

Does anyone else remember that amazing CAR HOLD vs CAR HOLE thread?

Never seen so much b8 in my entire life it was amazing

>so I says to Mable I says

>Homey, you want Pork Chops?
>No, I want Roast Beef, you CLOD

>I brought some irregular oreos. now I don't see whats so wrong with this one .. *bites oreo* .. 'Oh...'

Nah

one which I never got was the halloween special where lisa creates her own tiny universe with her tooth and coke

there's one bit where marge says there's waffles for breakfast, lisa comes down to see they aren't eating any and asks where they are. Marge tells her that the waffle iron is in the shop

lisa walks away mumbling that it's always in the shop

do americans carry around their kitchen appliances with them when they go shopping?

W-what?

the joke is that marge uses the waffle iron as a purse and misplaced it while shopping for waffles

Just before this, Marge basically revealed to Homer that his co-workers had been mocking him by patting his head for luck and pinching his belly to hear his girlish laugh.

The workshop

This is one of my all time favorite Simpsons jokes.

This user interpreted it correctly.

Huh, what about the cold war?

the joke is that Yanks call the mechanics workshop 'the shop'

so typically someone would say "oh I can't give you a lift, my car's in the shop"

now obviously a waffle iron doesn't need to go to a shop in real life as it's a relatively simple piece of machinery, so it's just funny to imagine that she's taken her waffle iron into the shop and they've accepted it and will work on it etc

"So then I says to Mabel, I says..."

Who was Mabel? I don't get it.

rip

Do people really have a hard time with nonsequitors like this and the Brazilian time travel joke or is it a meme?

Michael Jackson took a similar photo to fuck with people.

Omar 2.0 setting off a dirty bomb when.

It never came to direct conflict between 2 developed nations in that. Proxy conflicts are different

hard to tell on Sup Forums where "what did he mean by this" is one of our most famous established memes

Bad oreos probably means the icing mix was slightly off, they APPEAR fine but taste shitty.

Old people (like the ww2 generation) have a habit of saying 'I says' instead of 'I said'. I think the joke is just that Bart is prattling on like an old lady.

The second part of the joke being that it is absurd Bart would have had a conversation with someone with the outdated name Mabel

>therapist switches off tape of Homer and baby Bart strangling each other
>"Who was filming that scene?"
>"Stationary camera." (blank look)

What were they trying to imply here?

It's because they fuck you in the ass.

When flanders is sorting TV shows into as naughty list and a good list he comes across the L word and says
>the L word
>naughty list, for using the L word

Didn't get it until I watched an episode of the L word

People are literally retarded. I started typing a reply to
but what's the point? Just let morons be morons

Someone help me out here.

it's a reference to Charles "Chuck" Feidensede, a notoriously corrupt 19th-century congressman.

Formerly Chuck's Fuck & Suck

Consensus is that it's "in the past". Homer isn't quick enough to be that accurate and literal about his observations.

Marge seems like the type to never take it doggy.

I don't get why this is funny

He just says yes

I think it's more that for safety reasons she stays on top

its a modern (for the 90s) kid gossiping like some old woman circa the 40s

Wrong and wronger, it's funny because when it was Chuck's Feed and Seed it didn't rhyme. Now it does. Pretty fucking basic for a Simpson's joke lol