ITT: Albums that changed your life

ITT: Albums that changed your life.
Pic Related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/epJ03N31MYk?t=1507
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nowhere Man was the first song to make me cry

God Only Knows is one of the most beautiful songs ever written.

Don't Talk is one of the most beautiful songs ever written.

This album solidified my virginity for a few more years.

This EP helped me decide to drop out of grad school rather than killing myself.

I can't listen to it anymore though because it immediately brings me back there.

This album emboldened me to accept the fact that I'm an enormous faggot in the truest sense of the word. I've never looked back (except while being fucked in the ass by men more than twice my age)

Laif

ayy

It's amazing and sucky when music gives you that amount of feels. I still have a tough time listening to Weezer's White Album because I was going through a bad breakup when it came out. I love every song on it, but it hurts desu.

How exactly did it change your life OP?

this cover alone is making me question my sexuality desu

This

It's interesting how well it fits with what they think about how memories work. They say that sensations like smells and sounds can cause you to experience memories and especially memories of feelings very intensely.

At the time, I was trying to cut myself off from my feelings to avoid recognizing my depression, and music "helped" by intensifying those repressed feelings. Music could bring a tear to my eye even as I was consciously trying to push my feelings away. Algernon Cadwallader is like a sad orgasm. If it could bring me from dead inside to human the first time around, it's no wonder hearing it again would be like a kick in the balls.

The one that has had the biggest impact is Blonde on Blonde.

Only used to listen to rap and trap stuff. This made me branch out

I recomend

I like it so far
Thanks user!

This desu

Got me into music for the most part. I still have a soft spot for the Monkeys, even though they're absolutely fucking shit now and admittedly weren't anything particularly special either during their peak.

Came here to post this

This but with the Libertines

When I was 14 years old and listened to this album for the first time, it had a profound effect on me. I've never really been able to put the feeling to words, but I can safely say that this was Ground Zero for my interest in music discovery. Before then, I had very little interest in it.

That was years ago, and I still haven't found an album that's had the same effect on me. Maybe the reason why I'm so interested in music discovery is an almost sub-conscious search for that same feeling I had back then.

>see Brian Wilson perform Pet Sounds one last time on tour

I'm forever grateful I experienced that album live probably for the last time in history.

That album means so much to me.

Which Beatles period is better? Early Beatles(the "RED" years, Please Please me thru Revolver), or Late Beatles(the "BLUE" years, Sgt Pepper thru Let It Be)?

Blue side for sure. After Sgt Pepper, thats when their music became creative rather than the same old love songs with the same sounding music. But don't get me wrong Revolver is still a great album

I remember the day I listened to Kid A. Unforgettable experience, incredibly brilliant album

I saw it too user. His band is fucking great. Great to see Al with him too.

I guess 67-70 is an objectively better period, but I still love their early stuff.

oh wow fuck off, "XD I'M LE GURL XDD LESBIAN BI CURIOUS LOL LOOK AT MEEE"

No, literally fuck off.

We don't care that you're a special gurl on the 4chinz xDDD

Revolver for me

i remember the first time i heard this album driving around with my dad. we went out to eat at this restaurant up in the hills that took 40 minutes to get there. We heard the album on the way up and on the way back, I'll never forget that or how much I loved the music. I think soon after that is when I exposed myself to more beatles.
I remember being in 6th grade and meeting my first punk friend and going to a sex pistols concert at a street fair, my ears got blown out for the first time, Bad Religion was there too. Anyway, I got a copy of this album from the record store and listened to it a shit load. It for sure changed my life. That's when I became a little hot topic fag for a bit.
10th grade, first got into Zappa with Hot Rats but not long after I got around to this album and it quickly became my favorite, and probably if I had to pick ONE album as to why I became a huge zappa fan for a couple years it would be that one. The album just did it for me, and opened my mind, as did a lot of what Zappa stood for as an icon of music, but this has got to be the album I loved the most and played the most, at the end of the day.

Same shit with me

This. I saw him on that tour too anons. Amazing

Same. I didn't love WOIIFTM at first, but I grew to like it. It not only opened my eyes to Zappa but to more experimental music in general. Widened my perspective.

Its definitely one of those stepping stone albums

Once I discovered Ride it became the soundtrack to all my summers.

Pic related, specifically Tessio, helped me get over my oneitis

helped me accept my place

Definitely Maybe.

Name an album that is as optimistic and feel good, that doesn't come across in some way as fabricated or cheesy.
It has a genuineness to it since the Gallagher brothers really were two incredibly optimistic party animals, who really did like getting fucked up and having a good time, and causing a bit of chaos while doing so.

Beyond the usual critiques of them being "rip off Beatles", or "3 chord songs ha", beyond the hype, beyond every "normie" singing their songs... they really were a great band that made two great albums.
If you gave me Definitely Maybe to listen to and I didn't know who made it, I'd imagine it was a couple of characters exactly how Liam and Noel, and Oasis were back then. Arrogant, highly confident, zero fucks given, let's bang on peoples hotel doors and get everybody at it, pissing everyone off...

It's a timeless album, in my opinion. Made me understand what good chemistry means, and personal integrity. They were two neets from a council estate (projects) who became huge, and they maintained their nothing to lose attitude during those early years.
Also, I don't think people take them seriously within music circles as a band because they were honest about their intentions, and I think this is a mistake.

slide away is one of favourite tracks ever

It put me on the road to finally find confidence in myself when I was a teenager and it helped me see music as much more than just background noise

The world is yours

Definitely, though it was actually Life's a Bitch and One Love that helped me find myself the most. But today I legitimately think every song on it is perfect or very close to it.

First time I heard Trilogy specifically (the song). Never before had I heard such true virtuosity to their instruments, let alone a completely unique sound (both at the time, and now)

Ballad piano intro, to insane eruption of Moog synth orchestra into a saw synth solo in 1972, while maintaining the fact that Emerson was the best rock keyboardist to have lived. You will never hear anything like it, timestamped for synth explosion.

youtu.be/epJ03N31MYk?t=1507

The Genesis makes no sense though

I started listening to I Get Wet and The Wolf around the same time some big changes went through my life, and even though I don't think WK's music is 100% the reason my outlook changed, it still influenced me a lot. I stopped stressing out whenever the little things went I shouldn't even care about it went wrong, I've done more in half a year than I did in four before it.