Thanksgiving....whogivesafuck!!!

Thanksgiving....whogivesafuck!!!
Ask a chef anything about food or cooking.

how many minutes do you like your eggs boiled for?

What is delicious food?

What should I eat in the Seattle area?

bring them to a boil then turn off and let sit for 10 mins, perfect everytime.

great question because most people don't know
eggs in cold water in small pan...don't put water over 1" above eggs
good till water starts to boil...off heat
lid on
10 minutes
rinse under cold water and let sit for another 10 mins
profit

let sit still in the pot? thanks chefanon, i'll try that tomorrow.

Took you long enough to google that. You're no chef you lying fuck.

I like you, user.

Favourite dish to cook?

Ever shove anything up your ass?

fish fish and lamb
visiting or living there?

not op but go ahead user

living, and it seems as though all the fish here is served too fucking dry and all the lamb has too much fucking rosemary. Maybe I'm a pleb for that second critique but sometimes I can't even tell I'm eating lamb.

How important is it to make food look fancy?

I have never received any complaints about my cooking, but I feel like it's overly simplistic.

Sorry, on the fish its either too dry or a one inch fucking cube for 20$. What the fuck?

i would strangle you to an uneven daylight if I could find you

Joule and Paseo are my two favorites

what do you think about that Soylent replacement food powder? it seems the recent reports of gastric distress were caused by one particular seaweed component, which has been removed.

so, Malarkey or effective way?

Maybe you'd try, bitch

Taste is all that matters if you're cooking for yourself but if you own a restaurant or want to impress, visuals are extremely important, sometimes to the point it can turn a shit meal amazing cause our brains are gullible as fuck. Not OP btw so I could just be full of shit but I got that info from a documentary so salt

In terms of sandwiches paseo is dank but I'm not really a sandwich guy. Joule is dank too but the entrees are too small for me :(.

Did you go to culinary school? If so how much did it cost?

ok go down to Pike market....get yourself some smoked salmon lox
for breakfast in a hot pan
knob of butter
3 large free range eggs whisked....
i don't buy Ramsay saying start mixing in a cold pan....fuck him
mix...but not too much
you want some body...some thick and thin
lox in last minute...a bit of creme fresh or sour cream
salmon scramble!!!
profit. Good luck

Yes, 582 blowjobs.

great dishes are always simple
study Julia Childs

$8,000 then I went to Europe to really learn!

Damn I already do this... and I like straight cream cheese instead of sour cream or fraiche. This is like the most generic recipe ever yo and pike place is definitely not the best place to go for fresh fish... You can get it fresh off the docks in olympia and for shellfish I go to chuckanut or the O.P. and costco lox are pretty much on par with any lox you can get. hard to fuck that shit up tbh

Would you consider halibut a good match for a beurre blanc, maybe scallops. I think I'd like that with grilled asparagus and a parsnip puree.

No, $600

Why Europe necessarily?

What are some decent meals to cook in convection toaster oven? I put frozen pizzas and shit in there but nothing seems to turn out right.

Costco lox.....go kill yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Their food, all food is full of preservatives, additives, food colouring, msg.....fuck you!!!!!!!!!!

You're fucking retarded is has absolutely none of that. It is wild caught undyed alaskan salmon brined in salt and brown sugar. Fucking delusional conspiracy shit, go take your meds.

Halibut is perhaps the greatest tasting, pure white fish from the pacific. Asparagus is always an easy ad....get more adventurous. depends on the time of year. In the fall and winter, perhaps a pickled beet or a long pickled green bean.

Start on a lower heat and finish that shit on a higher temp. By trade I am a cook(not chef) soo I'll bump this slow thread along.
For that equipment get some smaller pans. Smaller items=easier even cooking
I.e. small pie pans, lots of monkey dishes(ramekins), and the like.
Make quiches, baked custards, small cakes, mac n' cheese, pots au gratin, and any caserole like dish.

Why not roasted chestnuts

Why not niggered niggers?

Awww fuck no buddy. With a buerre blanc and something pickled it would offset the balance and make it over acidic. Could do a light hash or even slaw.

Slaw is nasty fuck you doucher

Farmed you fucking inbred moron
Farmed fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You may as well eat your dead grandmother's panties, which actually might be tastier and better for you.

Nigger panties

cause France and Italy is where it is at.

He tried to touch my penis

well, if you are a nigger....probably not. those nigglets smell bad!

Don't call me three niggers

Dis thred need some asshole

Not all slaw is the same douche and its not all dressed in fucking grease. I was thinking one with like water chestnuts, kohlrabi, and leeks dressed in citrus(meyer lemon) and sesame oil(one or two drops of the toasted as well). Maybe some crisped sea weed powdered and sprinkled over the top of the slaw.

why is it so hard to find goat and lamb and why the hell don't people eat it? (in the US)

you eat with your eyes, nose and sometimes ears more-so than with your mouth

culinary school is a ripoff in the west

that sounds like some good slaw. Kohlrabi greens, taproots or both?

Naw nigger don't be calling me a douche back... ya hear??
Nigger
You talk to me in that voice one more time and I'm gonna flip my shit
My asshole is gonna explode with shit doing flips nigger
Yeah!!

Ears when ur on lsd

nigger douche

>what is a skilleted plating

what is this applebee's?

For presentations sake probably omit the greens to make the seaweed's dark green color pop. A crack or two of some fresh ground black pepper. Would be good with fish i think.

Douche nigger

cause Trump!

Cook by trade here I think chef abandoned ship AMA people.
I cook food for about 100 people every day, sides and entrees.

no, Mediterranean

How long does it take to properly prepare chef boyordee ravioli?

it is and it's not. Technical education and training can take you a long ways in the culinary arts or at the very least make you a time efficient and skilled cook. In the US culinary education is more about teaching skills and giving you rudimentary knowledge. While you can probably prefect these by just working in the industry long enough it would probably be a good idea just to have a handle on it before then. It's the same shit it's just more accelerated.

what it is is a waste of time on a phoenix/itttech/fullsail level

A lot of people consider goat peasant food and lamb you can find but it is very expensive. Find a butchers shop and make nice is all I can say for lamb, but you can buy a goat for like 50 bucks just about anywhere in the us.

I mean why can't I find it in restaurants. Fucking no where here even higher end places have goat or lamb entrees. Duck is even a lucky find in the US.

don't have goat***

what can I add to make my ramen noodles more umami?

currently:
freeze dried chives
parsley
salt
chopped roast beef
drop egg
butter
more salt

at some point it just gets too salty without ever being really satisfying

not him but fresh eggs peel better

bonito or anchovies maybe a little oyster sauce. Perhaps some of those little dried shrimp if you're going a sea flavor route.

what are some healthy and filling foods for a student budget?

some states require goat, duck and lamb to be cooked to a higher maintained internal temperature than it should be. So it's not worth including on a menu.

How do you sear a piece of meat and what type of pan should you use? I'm always super worried about the meat burning, and it never seems like it will "release" itself before turning into charcoal. like other chefs say it will.

oh and DARK soy sauce more fermented more potent same level of salty.

I want to be a chef, help me man. Formerly a down and out youth with a passion for food and line cook experience at like 3 or 4 mom and pop burger joints so i can work in a kitchen, read tickets, manage my station ect, just want to know where to go from here. I assume school or an apprenticeship

Well for a lot of that you are pretty good and fucked unless Mediterranean is the specialty. Even then people are still fuck ups with those often lean gamey protiens(or very fatty ones). I ate at a greek place in down town Chicago and it was mediocre at best. I personally have a strong palette so I'm often disappointed.
Look for greek places they'll probably have it.

well lamb kofta is a given (technically a mix) I mean like lamb chops or god forbid them tender neck meats.

>2016
>not wanting your boiled eggs yolky

6 minutes at op's ass farenheit, done

any pan
light coat of oil in bottom (for anything not beef)
a little more oil if it's not a non-stick
let it get hot
throw in meat
leave that shit alone
leave it alone some more
flip it ONE FUCKING TIME
leave it alone
put it on the plate
leave it alone (if it's beef) for half cooking time

>not cookbro just throwing out there

was not aware you could make virgin boy eggs in the butt

that's called soft boiled you mong

roast beef is salty
salt is salty
butter is salty

jesus christ user, just put your moms pussy on there and u have the pacific ocean talkin on saltyness

basically this, let the pan get to temp then do it. If you're using stainless steel do a "quick season" which just just like scrubbing the pan with salt and some oil while letting it sit at low heat for a minute or two before going for your target temp.

of course just put a fishnet around the anus you dont want no nasty ass hair on ya eggs babyboy

Umami just refers to your tongue's detection of certain glutimates scientifically speaking. With that you can just buy a bottle of MSG and voila. If you want it naturally without as much salt try seaweed products or different types of miso.
To make your ramen better instead prepare the broth and before adding the noodles use it to poach an egg the remove the egg and let it rest. Next grill up a small piece of ham(even the breakfast shit) cut very thin. Then poach some mixed veg in the broth and finally your noodles.
Now we're not done here. Once those noodles are done pull them over to the bowl with no broth. Add the veg to one corner, slice your pork and add it, next evenly distrube a few nice very finely minced pieces of dried seaweed(fully dried now), add the egg back to one corner, and finish pouring the broth over.
There you have a $2.50 bowl of faux ramen house noodles.

Ok Cookbro help me to at least be a better line cook so my boss will see me as indispensable, because god damn it I'm a five star man

sorry i did not attend to egging 101 jeez this college boys are something else

and yet...

I'm looking for that shitty flavor packet taste because I can't have them, but more salt isn't helping.

what about adding some paprika

be a better line cook

>your welcome

>profit
I know you're just meming on us but if you are a real chef you probably do profit from this shit

How is cooking on an electric stove different then gas? I feel like it's way hotter, so any tips and tricks for using one would be great.

Well then you're in the same fucking boat as me. What are you needing advice on.

chefs make shit wage unless you own a resturant

That packet is just salt msg and dehydrated "beef solids". Miso would work.

This is very true, but even Michelin star chef's who own their own places don't make as much as you might think. Good ingredients are craaaaazy fucking expensive.

electric is horrible at keeping pans a stable temp every time you put something in it brings the pan temp down. So you have to charge up the heat a little before putting food in pan on an electric stove. Same thing with gas but the degree is much lower. Also if you're using either thicker pans will stabilize and distribute the heating better.

yeah like truffles costing thousands

Elecric is wildy unpredictable and uneven in comparison unless it's a crazy expensive range. Even then gas would be better and usually cheaper if available.
Best advice for electric is start waaaay fucking slow to find your target temp.

Smart words I hadn't considered that aspect. Thick copper bottoms would be good.