Dear Theists, why do you believe in a god?

Dear Theists, why do you believe in a god?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.me/g/AbbdbfBJ83nBoUIp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because it would be impossible for the universe to exist without the help of a higher power

>why do you believe in a god?

My cat tells me so.

And you know this how?

Is it sad that I want to, but can't bring myself to it?

>Easy (You)s

Its not possible for something to simply come from nothing, something had to set the chain of events, and what ever that thing is, (in mu opinion) is god.

>Because it would be impossible for the universe to exist without the help of a higher power

JESUS helps me to believe what I can't understand.
When I'm dumb, JESUS fills in the gaps with religion.
I used to think that god was in the stars and they all revolved around the earth.
god is smaller now that I understand more.
The smarter I get, the smaller god gets.

Why you don't.
The natural state of humankind is to believe in some supernatural thing. If you don't, maybe some pieces of your brain is missing or defective.

Fag

It's not possible for lightning to simply come from nothing, something has to cast lightning bolts down from the sky, and what ever that thing is, (in mu opinion) is Zeus.
>user from a while back in history

>Its not possible for something to simply come from nothing

And you know this how?

This is the problem with theism, and theists, they say they have the facts but it's just a belief. Atheism is just the lack of the belief that we know how this universe was made

>The natural state of humankind is to believe in some supernatural thing

What a line of bullshit this is. What is your proof?

the majority of humans are religious to some degree, and have been for all of recorded history
that doesn't mean they're right

I consider myself christan but not because of some jew thousands of years ago. I believe in the values that they teach like being selfless, and loving family. Well actually i believe in something more like the confucious philosophy than a religion. Who cares about what comes after life, lets just celebrate the time we do have.

m.me/g/AbbdbfBJ83nBoUIp

What do you think of the values like stoning unruly children to death and not mixing different types of fabrics?

Pretty good. Useful rules to live by.

cool
it's rare to see a true christian these days

Because i think which is not filled with matter is filled with wat we call god.

Can you into history? Can you name some ancient tribe or civilization who was atheist?
Do you watch some documentary on modern africans tribes?
Atheism is a very recent invention, and a western civilization only invention, the natural state of humanity is to believe in some sort of God or Gods, being atheist is a perversion of nature, like being vegan or gay.

FYI your brain isnt working

Where did God come from? Everything has to come from something.

What led you to believe that. I am simply referring to antimatter.
Maybe matter and antimatter is god.

Btw i just believe in god because i'm scared of the infinite

But yeah my brain is disfunctionning

Personally, I find that religion is just filling in the gaps of what is hard to explain and/ or cope with. For example why good people die and why we're alive in the first place. Also, being Catholic has given me a set of rules and such that I think made me an ok person. That said some of the beliefs are outdated and unreasonable.

>Can you into history?
Sure I can, if you make sense. What?
Atheists have been around forever.

They're the ones who think.

Don't forget that praying is a way to get people to think

so how did god come into being?

me again

matter and antimatter is a referential
chaos is the king.

Fuck you

So just dont refer to "antimatter" as God, because "God" has a different definition than antimatter. God desires worship and proposes an afterlife (in most religions), antimatter is not the same thing as God.

mans deluded brain.

DELETE THIS

Delete this pics if you don't want to be an asshole.
Epicurus believed in the Greek Gods, his whole school of though was that the Gods don't care about the humans, he never denied their existence.

What part of being able to do anything don't you understand?

Ever heard of the Casimir Effect?

There is a god, no way all of this just happened, but religion is fake

Because there is nothing to prove that there is not a god to protect us.

>The natural state of humankind is to believe in some supernatural thing.

[citation needed]

Trump voter, huh.

it is true
evolution has molded our psyche in two ways that cause this
>we believe that when something that happens is caused by an unseen person or animal so that we run from the wind blowing through the grass thinking it's a big cat instead of getting mauled by a big cat because we thought the wind was blowing through the grass
>we believe what someone we see as an authority figure, generally meaning older, tells us so that our collective knowledge is quickly given to new members
these two have a combined effect that we believe there is some unseen authority figure trying to tell us something important with common but not readily explainable occurrences
and the "old man" effect reinforces the god effect because after a couple generation you now have people in authority confirming your belief that there is an unseen authority figure trying to tell us something important with common but not readily explainable occurrences

inb4 that is anti-survival therefore anti-evolutionary
to counter that I present insects
specifically their use of the properties of optical infinity to navigate
>insect eyes are a collection of tubes with light sensitive cells at the bottom
>this gives them the ability to very precisely judge the angle of a light source to them
>at optical infinity this angle will remain the same if the insect is traveling in a straight line
>almost all natural sources of light are at optical infinity, fire doesn't occur frequently enough to be an evolutionary pressure
>man comes along
>invents torches, candles, gas lights, electric lights
>light sources are now everywhere and closer than optical infinity
>using the optical infinity trick on a nearby light source causes the insect to spiral into the light source
>if that light source is hot enough this kills the insect

>Judaism
>Christianity

They're completely different religions dumbass. You "intellectuals" are as bigoted and retarded as you label Theists.

>when something that happens is caused
when something happens that it is caused

are you saying the old testament doesn't count now?
jesus himself said he wasn't coming to change the law

Religion can't be fake dumbass. That's the same as saying government is fake. It's a system of ideas and beliefs. One could argue that atheism is its own religion.

>One could argue that atheism is its own religion.
One would be stupid. Atheism is just a lack of belief in a god.

Dafuq?

Not to long ago i came to the conclusion that its impossible as human beings in this day and age to really understand anything beyond ourselves. Science has helped us pieced together the hows of the universe (in a very broad sense) but not the why, the more we know the more odd and unpredictable things become and for that reason i have chosen to give my life a purpose with the idea that this existence is just one of many and that my time on this planet will only guide me throughout my eternal journey. Until science disproves that (not likely in my lifetime) i am happy to believe it if makes everything more rewarding and bearable.

>tip my fedora
>turn 360°
>walk away

>and you know this how?

Uh gee, idk, maybe because it's the scientific law of our universe that shit can't happen out of no where for no reason.

It would take an outside power for that

Jesus prevented a woman from being stoned (Which the first testament states as correct) after she commited adultery. He was also ministering to those who were going to kill her by proclaiming "He who has not sinned, throw the first stone". That looks like a rule change to me, like many more... He tore the veil, healed the sinners etc. Don't be so naive. Jesus came for a purpose, so that we weren't bound by our sin.

because there is a god, it is an entity composed of the collective spiritual and EM interaction of all lifeforms simultaneously. God is within all of us, and acts through us.

Only a matter of definition, the question is about being theist

But i've seen my fair part of strange things wich led me to believe in a "god"
It's not the god of other religion, or maybe it is idk

Anyway i personally believe god is one of the first things the consciousness has developped and this for it's own survival in society.
Also it allows the hierarchy to exist.

ex: if i respect your god, i respect you, if you respect my god you respect me
If i am in communication with god, you follow me

i could speak a lot about god but i would have to start a new thread

in quantum mechanics shit happens out of nowhere for no reason
nice trips though

If "you" have ever been in a state of mind/existence because of all you have experienced, read, believed, where you think that you know there really is "nothing more", and it was and is all created by mankind's mind. It can be a very scary and isolated place.
Is it wrong for man to have created a higher power to keep man civil, moral, ethical, and destroy himself or others? I don't know.

religion may well have been necessary to keep the masses in check
that doesn't mean a god exists

What's pretty cool is that I'm Catholic but believe in evolution and all that. Nothing wrong with a moderate approach

except for the fact that the bible says that god created the first man, and then created the first woman from his rib
if you believe in evolution, you don't believe in the bible
if you don't believe in the bible, you are not a christian